BY STARBUCKS #8 in Coffee Beans & Instant Coffee

The Story of Veranda Blend. In Latin America, coffee farms are often run by families, with their own homes on the same land where their coffee grows. We've sipped coffee with these farmers for decades, sitting on their verandas, overlooking the lush beauty of the coffee trees rolling out in the distance. Most times it was a lightly roasted coffee like this one. It took us more than 80 tries to get it right--mellow and flavorful with a nice softness.

STARBUCKS® Veranda Blend® Mellow & Soft Ground
  • "I really enjoyed the Veranda Blend because of it's natural sweetness, Willow and Bright Sky I enjoyed less because their flavors were a little more acidic." in 3 reviews
  • "I was looking for a coffee I could drink black and this is one that tastes great without anything added to it." in 3 reviews
  • "I still add milk and sugar though when I'm feeling lazy I sometimes just drink it without and I love that I can do that with this blend." in 3 reviews
  • "I've always loved Starbucks specialty drinks but had to shy away from the coffee, because it just seemed to be such a strong roast for me." in 2 reviews
  • "I've found that every once in awhile my local grocery store will have it on sale, $3 less than the normal price." in 2 reviews
Emily R.
COLUMBIA, SC
I am a very heavy coffee drinker and actually work as a barista at Starbucks. This is by far my favorite coffee blend from the store. It's light and the flavor is strong without being overwhelming (like a lot of our roasts). I especially love that it has a creamier and almost sweet taste to it. Blonde roast is always my go to at the store and the blonde espresso is my favorite for our specialty drinks!
Brenda S.
Adrian
This is a great tasting light coffee!  It doesn't have an overpowering taste as some coffees do but it also doesn't have a the weak water-tasting flavor either.  I have tried this hot during the colder months and a cold-brew during the hot summer months, and both ways are thumbs up!  I recommend this to people who aren't in the mood (or who don't prefer) the harsh bold coffee flavor.  You won't be disappointed!
Shauna C.
I really though all coffee was the same until I got a sample from pinch me then bought this bigger bag from wal-mart it really does taste much better than my old brand of coffee, it smells super good to and makes you want to get up and make some coffee, I love the sweet taste it gives as well. I highly recommend this coffee.
Liz R.
Lititz, PA
I'm a heavy coffee drinker, and Starbucks is one of my favorites for sure!! It brews great at home, making you feel like you are drinking your coffee straight from the barista! The flavor is rich and smooth, and it never got the "burnt" flavor from sitting on the warmer. It is a little pricey, but it is Starbucks! Worth the money!
Katie G.
Pittsburgh, PA
Veranda blend is easily my favorite coffee. I love that it has a full-bodied coffee flavor but doesn't taste burnt or too smokey like a lot of Starbucks' darker roasts. An excellent way to start the day and I like that it is conveniently available both at my local Starbucks and in take-home bags and coffee pods.
Barbara B.
San Diego, CA
I LOVE the blonde roast because it's light and bright and flavorful! It's perfect for the morning and especially because it is less acidic, less bitter, but has more caffeine! It's extremely easy to drink on it's own or is perfectly paired with a dash of cream and sugar for a sweet treat!
Kristina C.
Portland, OR
I buy this when it goes on sale, because sometimes it costs less than my usual go-to. If you like Dunkin Donuts coffee, you'll like this, too. As a light roast, this coffee is mellow and smooth, not bitter. Unlike most other coffees, I can drink this one black. All the same, I still enjoy it most with a healthy dose of milk and sugar. If you're a Starbucks Rewards member, you can redeem the code for stars and work your way towards free drinks in-store. If you like Starbucks but don't like paying $2-3 for a small cup of coffee, definitely pick up some of this.
Brianna H.
Princeton, WV
This is a very light tasting coffee! If you’re not a huge fan of strong coffee I highly recommend this kind! It’s pretty expensive though and it’s the only reason I gave it four stars. I paid $10 for this tiny bag. Although it does have a great flavor, not bitter and very smooth!
Keona W.
Well, as an ex-employee, this is one of my favorites that I can actually drink black. It has such a smooth flavor. It can be expensive to some but not to me. It definitely meets my expectations. I recommend this to people who are coffee lovers.
Krystle M.
This is my morning blend at home. It’s mild and vibrant, makes for a great latte with a splash of vanilla. I drink Starbucks on the go but this is my go to at home to start my day. I would recommend this blend if you love the kick of coffee but not a strong bold taste.
Marina S.
Is this similar to decaf?
Jessica D.
Chapin, IL
When this is unavailable...what is a go to second?
Danyelle M.
Ashtabula, OH
Does this have an enjoyable taste? What coffee would you compare it to?
Melody H.
I haven't tried this blend before. How is the flavor?
Erica S.
Eastvale, CA
Willow blend? How does this compare to veranda blend?