BY STARBUCKS #100 in Single-Serve Cups & Pods

Like the lush Indonesian island of its origin, this spicy coffee stands alone. Full-bodied with a smooth mouthfeel, lingering flavors of dried herbs and fresh earth, and almost no acidity. Starbucks' roasters love transforming these unpredictable beans from dark coral green to tiger-orange to a rich, oily mahogany, revealing bold flavors that many of us can't live without. Coffee from Sumatra is the foundation of Starbucks' most treasured blends, and something they've been honored to share with you for four decades. see more...

• What would you compare its flavor to? Is it a dark roast or what?1 Answers
Tracy T.
Yorktown Hts, NY
Let me say omg I love love love this coffee it tastes so delicious it has just the right boldness. It's like being a barista in my own kitchen. Amazing value for the money highly recommend and buy it constantly
Kat S.
Middlebury, VT
This tastes exactly like the coffee they sell at Starbucks. It is rich and dark and contains the traditional coffee taste.  I can usually make two cups of coffee from one K-cup because it is so strong and the grounds keep working! I sometimes add half a packet of hot chocolate to it to make it sweeter!
Thomas S.
Philadelphia, PA
EVERY TIME. I brew at home thru k-cups
or Mr. Coffee 12 cup maker I slowed down
GREATLY my in store purchases due to staff
attitudes, lack of customer service skills,
lack of genuine friendliness and rising
prices. I was reloading my starbucks gold card 25.00+ weekly now I make 1 3.90 purchase every 2 weeks and
I am better about this change.
Meghan K.
Troy, NY
I recently found Starbucks Sumatra K-Cup in my Sam's Club and I was thrilled to find a new flavor of Starbucks k-cups that I had not tried before. I really enjoyed these k-cups, the flavor was nice and strong and a good alternative to my breakfast blend, Sumarta is quickly becoming my 2-pm, work-day go-to pick me up!
Cynthia V.
Sumatra is a dark roast, it contains a very bold taste thats very rich and what I noticed people tend to assume that because its a dark roast the caffeine in it lasts longer but that isn't the case. The taste is simply more "coffeey" than a blond or medium roast.
Rachel K.
Conway, SC
This blend it my go-to. It tastes amazing, its nice and strong...perfect for the early mornings. I'm also always partial to starbucks products because the package is so pretty and feminine. I would definitely recommend that others check out this Sumatra blend.
Rusty J.
Sumatra is my go to wake up cup. I like the K-Cups only with the Starbucks Sumatra blend. It always smells so good and has the right amount of caffeine in it to get me going in the morning!! I am never disappointed when I purchase these. A very nice brew!
Lisa M.
Love the bigger pacts of K-Cups. I believe I purchased these at SAMs club for $30 with in the end saves a ton! These large boxes are what I lived off of in college! You get a great amount for your money. Only about 60 cents per cup!
Autumn B.
My fiance loves coffee and he drinks it black. But not these, they are so strong that he does mix some creamer in with his morning cup. I don't see him reaching for these as often as some other flavors but he does still enjoy them.
Lex A.
Montpelier, VT
Delicious and full bodied, this coffee definitely gives me the boost I need some mornings. It's a little dark for my tastes to be my daily drinker, but if dark is your thing... Starbucks Sumatra is a delicious option!
Kaley A.
What would you compare its flavor to? Is it a dark roast or what?