STARBUCKS® Sumatra Earthy & Herbal Whole Bean uploaded by Stephanie M.

BY STARBUCKS #75 in Coffee Beans & Instant Coffee

Full-bodied with a smooth mouthfeel and lingering herbal flavors. Stands up well to savory foods.

Like the lush Indonesian island of its origin, this spicy coffee stands alone. Full-bodied with a smooth mouthfeel, lingering flavors of dried herbs and fresh earth, and almost no acidity. Our roasters love transforming these unpredictable beans from dark coral green to tiger-orange to a rich, oily mahogany, revealing bold flavors that many of us can’t live without. Coffee from Sumatra is the foundation of our most treasured blends, and something we’ve been honored to share with you for four decades.

Amanda G.
Sykesville, MD
Sumatra is my favorite. It’s smooth and not too acidic. I’ve purchased from my local grocery store also at Starbucks. It’s kind of pricy but worth the fresh aroma you get when brewing this
Sherlie Kay M.
Orlando, FL
While most times I prefer the Espresso Roast, this makes a great substitute. It's a similar flavor with subtle differences. Very good but only if you like really dark, rich coffee.
Heather P.
Fleetwood, NC
I love dark coffee. Starbucks Sumatra is the best. Rich, bold flavor. I've tried several kinds some are bitter. Not Sumatra! I tried at the coffee shop, and then bought a bad at Walmart. Same great flavor! I will buy again and recommend it!
Rachel E.
Chino, CA
A good, solid dark roast. One of the first to get me into drinking my coffee black, actually. Has a very "earthy" taste to it but doesn't taste like grass or dirt. Plays well with sweetener or creamer but I like it best black and piping hot. Worth a buy!
Shelby D.
Dawsonville , GA
As a Starbucks barista, you try every coffee that comes through the doors over the years. My favorite from day one has and always be my ever trust my, Sumatra blend. This dark roast has a full bodied flavor that not many can match. I love the way it pairs with a chocolate waffle if I want it to, or I could drink it with a full continental breakfast and it still satisfies the same. A little on the pricey end for a pound of coffee, but you truly get your money's worth!
Nikki L.
Richardson, TX
A good dark roast. I buy this in the k-cup version for my office and it usually is drank up fast. It's everyone's morning favorite- but probably not for someone that doesn't like strong coffee. A little expensive though
Rachel K.
North Ridgeville
I’m not normally a dark roast person, but I do love the flavor of this coffee. It has a great compliment of subtle & bold notes that are great on a snowy morning.
Samantha L.
Kernersville
I work at Starbucks and so I have quite a bit of time to test and sample different kinds. Sumatra is one of my favorites the flavor combinations really settle on the tongue and come out individually. It's a smooth easy dark roast and pairs well with brownies.
Carolina B.
Jersey City, NJ
The coffee is dark and intense which I like, however I find it to be too bitter. I like dark coffee, reason why I got this one, but its the type of coffee that you need to pair with milk or sugar or something else to make it taste better. The problem is that its too bitter. If you like that, this is definitely a good coffee for you then, if you prefer something more balanced I would recommend going for a different one.
Adam M.
Wausau, WI
I LOVE this coffee, it is my go-to for morning coffee. The flavor is so deep, warm, intense, everything I want to be the first thing I taste every morning. If you like a bold dark roast, then this is the one for you!
Sandy D.
What's your favorite Starbucks ??
Karla H.
Is there ever any coupons for this?
Megan W.
Garner, NC
How strong of a flavor does this coffee have?
LEAR26451 | EULOGIA B.
I'm a coffee lover! How is the flavor of this coffee?
TI💜 S.
Van Nuys
The GOAT so yummy and smells so good

back