STARBUCKS® Pike Place® Roast Smooth & Balanced VIA® Instant uploaded by Alyssa C.

BY STARBUCKS #83 in Coffee Beans & Instant Coffee

Well-rounded with subtle notes of cocoa and toasted nuts balancing the smooth mouthfeel.

From our first store in Seattle’s Pike Place Market to our coffeehouses around the world, customers requested a freshly brewed coffee they could enjoy throughout the day. So in 2008 our master blenders and roasters created it for you, a blend so consistent and harmonious that no single characteristic dominates—or disappears. A smooth, well-rounded blend of Latin American coffees with subtly rich flavors of cocoa and toasted nuts, it’s perfect for every day.

• Does anyone use these to make iced coffee? If so do they ...1 Answers
  • "I'm a big fan of the Via products." in 1 review
Cristie F.
I'm currently on a hunt for the best instant coffee (#InstaCoffee?) for when I move to the Philippines and for once there won't be a Starbucks within a one block radius of me. I don't mind the local coffee but I'm going to attempt a sugar-less life when I'm there. Someone pat me on the head for my  naivete please.

Enter  STARBUCKS® Pike Place® Roast Smooth & Balanced VIA® Instant stage left. While not as terrific as I thought it would be, it's not as terrible as it could be. I'm currently drinking it black to get a better idea of its flavor profile. It's not bitter and has a smooth finish. I like my coffee a little bit bitter to reflect the woes of life so I'll try out the "harder" versions.

This is beginner coffee. I'm coming from the standpoint of "if I were stuck in a remote island for a month, would I bring this coffee?" The answer is no but I'm still using it up because this 8 pc isn't cheap in comparison to other options.
Melissa V.
This was a bit too strong for me, granted I drank it black... but I always do. I think I'll try the blonde roast next. The price is about $1 (or a little less) per cup so that's definitely cheaper than the store, but still not the greatest price for an at home cup of coffee. I think I'm gonna try to look for something a little more cost effective in the way of instant.
Melody R.
Seattle, WA
While Via may not ever taste just like you got a fresh cup at Starbucks it's pretty decent and definitely has it's uses. It's very handy for camping, I even have some in my emergency preparedness kit. It's good to keep around in the event of a coffee emergency when you don't want to have to brew a pot.
Elisabeth A.
Memphis, TN
Starbucks Coffee is my favorite brand and VIA is awesome because it's instant coffee that actually tastes amazing. I carry around a few in my purse just in case. The flavor is so much better than other brands - the coffee is stronger and it definitely doesn't taste watery like most instant coffees do.
Jade K.
I don't have time to stop by Starbucks in the morning so I drink the Pike Place Via. It taste just like I'm drinking a cup of coffee right from the Starbucks Battista.  I am very satisfied with this product and I would definitely recommend others to try!!
Sarah B.
I went on a road trip a while back and needed something to keep me awake for the drive without having to make a million stops on the way - these were perfect. Brought water bottles along and mixed these in the car on the go and it was perfect.
Sarah P.
Portland, OR
I don't brew my own coffee, so this is a little off the product, but I do go to Starbucks pretty much every morning and get a Grande Coffee.  Just coffee.  Starbuck's default 'plain coffee' is Pike Place.  I am not an uber coffee connoisseur by any means, but I think Pike Place tastes great, and it wakes me up.  Mission accomplished!
Macey T.
This is my favorite variety of instant coffee from Starbucks! It isn't too dark, and I love using this to make an iced coffee. I've repurchased a couple times, and recommend it to anyone who likes instant coffee.
Kristen T.
Topeka
If you like the flavor of Starbs, you will like the flavor of this! It tastes just like the store makes it. A little more bitter than some coffees, but classic taste! Reasonably priced.  Much cheaper than buying a grande at Starbucks every day!
Tonia R.
Everett , WA
This has been my go to coffee for years! It instantly makes me feel refreshed and I love the taste. It's so subtle. If you're not into sour coffee or anything with too much flavor this is it!
Alex G.
Valley Center, KS
Does anyone use these to make iced coffee? If so do they taste okay?