BY STARBUCKS #74 in Coffee Beans & Instant Coffee

Intense with a rich, deep flavor and notes of caramelized sugar.

This is Starbucks quintessential dark roast—expertly crafted to bring out sweetness and intensity. It showcases the precision and skill of our roasters, who created a coffee that's slightly darker than our Espresso Roast without the smoky edge of French Roast. A great cup of coffee, it has a depth of flavor that holds its own with cream and sugar.

Buy on Amazon*
  • "This coffee is exactly what I've been looking for Add in your creamer and sugar or just drink it black it has a great taste and is quick and easy!" in 1 review
Suzie M.
I should note that my sister has worked at Starbucks for many years... So i have to state i have NEVER bought a VIA myself ...that being said i have been a a huge consumer of many Starbucks products.. I ask for the VIA ( an instant - one serve cup ) varieties. I don't know if i have an all-time favorite .. but NO-Caffeine Free ( lol ).. they are small and travel well in my purse ( you don't need a Keurig ) .. so i always have a few in there for when i need a mid day power-up!
Jazznea T.
Yonkers, NY
I am a Starbucks girl to the T
When I go I normally get a Grande White Chocolate Mocha latte with extra foam and a drizzle of caramel
I like the fact that they do sell coffee in the market and in the shops so when I'm home on that winter storm day trapped indoors or have the day off I can just make my own cups or pot for the house since I normally have friends over . I like this roast best, well any dark roast really I like my coffee strong
Zephyr 8.
Convenient great tasting single packets.  Whether you're at home or traveling far, these are nice to have without having to worry about being wasteful.  It's the perfect serving for a cup of coffee anytime of the day.  I take these packets with me when I travel internationally.  The packs are also nice as a gifting idea for the coffee lover in mind.
Emmie M.
Saint Paul, MN
For instant coffee, this stuff is actually pretty good. Very convenient and easy to use. If you need coffee on the go, this is a good option. Also for camping because they're such small packages.
Laura J.
Elizabethtown, PA
As a coffee snob, I actually don't generally prefer Starbucks products even though I get coffee at Starbucks more than I should. Starbucks coffee products tend to taste slightly stale and over roasted. However, Vias are a godsend and something that I always take with me when I'm travelling. They're far better than other instant coffee products on the market and are super convenient. Beyond making and drinking them as is, they're also useful to have on hand when travelling because if you get coffee that's not strong enough you can add one for extra caffeine.
Rachel B.
When I flew with Delta last week and asked for decaf coffee, this is what I got. Not being a fan of instant coffee, I reaaaaaally didn't think I'd enjoy it, but I have to say -- not bad! It seemed to evaporate fully within the hot water, so there was no graininess, and delivered a decent flavor for something so instantaneous. Wouldn't buy myself, but definately would recommend to someone looking for an on-the-go option.
Malika S.
Glendale, NY
I don't drink starbucks as much as I used to, but when I drink it now, I prefer to do it at home when I'm eating my breakfast in the morning, so these ready brew packets are perfect for that. It honestly tastes just like the cup of coffee you would get at starbucks, but cheaper. Obviously this doesn't replace all of their frappucinos / specialty drinks, but for a cup of coffee this is pretty ideal.
Victoria P.
Coffee in general is my thing and usually instant coffee is either really terrible tasting. The Starbucks Via Italian roast is my favorite for instant coffee. I would definitely recommend this! It taste like a perfect brew cup of coffee, mixes well, and is perfect for travel. Easy to carry with you if you need a pick me up because all you need is hot water and you're set!
Sonam S.
Bloomington, MN
This is my favorite for at home iced coffee. The flavor is so strong and blends very well with milk and vanilla essence. It is a little pricey compared to other brands but totally worth it. I usually buy mine at Target which has better pricing than Starbucks store for sure.
Brittany H.
They're alright. To be fair I'm not a big instant coffee person but they taste comparable to the cup of coffee you get at home...definitely not what you get when you go to a Starbucks though, if you're looking for that, save the mulah and go get a cup direct ;)
Mindy N.
San Diego, CA
How well does this dissolve in water?
Jessica S.
Doddsville, MS
I've really been wanting to try this but they're never in stock at my local grocery store. is it good?
Joan R.
Demotte, IN
Love starbucks. Was wondering hold bold of a taste this product has compared to other dark roast.