STARBUCKS® French Roast Intense & Smoky Whole Bean uploaded by Lili L.STARBUCKS® French Roast Intense & Smoky Whole Bean uploaded by Tamara F.STARBUCKS® French Roast Intense & Smoky Whole Bean uploaded by Tiffany M.

BY STARBUCKS

Smoky and singular, the pure, explosive flavor of our darkest roast.

Muted with oil, the tumbling beans become eerily silent. A master roaster watches, knowing that if he pushes them a second too long, they'll burst into flame. White smoke hangs down as the glistening beans turn ebony. This is French Roast, and you can't roast it darker. Straightforward, light-bodied with low acidity, and immensely popular since 1971, our darkest roast is adored for its intense smokiness.

Buy on Amazon
Latrell C.
Lubbock, TX
[product:starbucks-whole-bean-french-roast-(32-oz.)] says it is intense & smokey. The taste can grow on you but the first time I tasted this french roast I thought smokey? It tastes burnt! It looked burnt too. So I'm not sure if thats a thing but it was definitely an acquired taste.
Katelynn S.
Punxsutawney , PA
This tends to be one of the worst whole bean coffees from Starbucks, but its not because of the beans themselves. I've noticed that this roast often is stale when you get it. I don't know why or even how, but its stale. I've had more luck buying the beans from Starbucks stores than local grocery stores.
Abbi R.
Chester Sprgs, PA
Absolutely love Starbuck home brew coffee. French Roast is by far my favorite. Dark, warm and flavorful, French Roast is great black or with a little flavored cream. You can also get stars to get closer to rewards and free drinks by entering the star code on your bag!
Rachel M.
I buy starbucks whole bean french roast every time I buy coffee. I love the fresh taste of grinding my own beans and the french roast has such a rich flavor
Mikaila V.
Port Townsend
Yup, well this isn't for everyone (and by 'not' I of course mean weaklings or the unblossomed in taste...see many below), that's for certain. However, If you dig funky blends with a lot of toast in their roast, this bad boy's for you. It's rich, smoky, and almost burnt tasting, yet doesn't give you the jitters like a medium roast if you wanna pound a few mugs. I love darker roasts because their contain less caffeine, so I can sip them all day. This is a beautiful bag of beautiful beans ready to make sweet obsidion dark love to your bloodstream.
Dominique M.
Damascus , OR
This is my favorite coffee ever! I buy this from costco for about $15-$22 if on sale. I love how they're whole beans, because they stay fresher longer. I've been buying these beans for 15 plus years. The taste is bold and rich. I'd definitely recommend the French roast to others.
Sarah S.
Vail, CO
Overall I'm not a fan of Starbucks  coffee. The fact that they over roast their beans just so they last longer is a huge turnoff. I'd rather pay a little bit more and have coffee that's fresh and doesn't taste like the burned dregs at the bottom on the pot.
Mariely P.
Tampa , FL
Starbucks coffee have a nice odor. Such a good taste. I love do prepare this in the morning. A good flavor, it's nice how soft his taste is. Have an affordable price to its size. I will highly recommend for you
Amanda B.
Port Allen, LA
I love buying the whole beans from Starbucks and grinding them at my own house. The smell is amazing. But this french roast is fire!!! I love how bold it is without being overbearing. My new favorite coffee!
Tamara F.
Fairburn, GA
In an effort to be more money conscious in 2016, I decided to buy my own Starbucks Coffee and make it at home in the morning instead of buying it out 5 mornings a week. But I accidentally bought the coffee beans and I was like omg, I don't have a grinder. Then I remembered that I could use my Nitra Ninja single serve cup to do the job. And I must say that I will always grind my beans at home because it gives you the same rich, smokey intense flavor that I get at the coffee shop. #StarbucksWholeBeanFrenchRoast Rocks.