BY STARBUCKS

Smoky and singular, the pure, explosive flavor of our darkest roast.

Muted with oil, the tumbling beans become eerily silent. A master roaster watches, knowing that if he pushes them a second too long, they'll burst into flame. White smoke hangs down as the glistening beans turn ebony. This is French Roast, and you can't roast it darker. Straightforward, light-bodied with low acidity, and immensely popular since 1971, our darkest roast is adored for its intense smokiness.

STARBUCKS® French Roast Intense & Smoky VIA® Instant
  • "Via is my go-to for camping, hurrying out of the house, football games, and anytime I want a great tasting coffee." in 1 review
Amber G.
Springfield, MO
I have used Starbucks Via for years now. I am still amazed at how much like fresh coffee it tastes!! I can make hot coffee from heating water in a kettle. The best...absolute BEST part of Starbucks Via is that I can make my own Frappicinos at home when I don't have time to make it to Starbucks! All you need are your own ingredients (milk, caramel, chocolate, etc.), throw in some ice and the via pack and blend it up. YUMMY!! No need to heat up the Via first, you can use it in cold drinks directly from the packet! Now I'm craving one...off to the kitchen I go!
Francis H.
I like Starbucks drinks because of the flavor, not for the quality of the coffee, and this is a clear example. Its drinkable, and one of the more drinkable I have tried from the grocery store, but its not the best coffee in the world
Brittany J.
Starbucks coffee is my favorite I cannot go a day without it. This is the best coffee I ever had. I had this coffee a couple times. I love the package it is very nice and classy. I will most definitely buy this item.
Kimberly D.
Moscow, ID
I've been drinking this for so many years and it's consistently amazing! I love having coffee packed away in my purse for java emergencies....and they do happen! I absolutely will buy again for as long as it's made!
Toiia R.
Acworth, GA
It's rare for me to find a coffee that I truly enjoy to drink every morning. However, Starbucks is so yummy! I think that is reasonably priced and I would highly recommend it to other coffee drinkers!
Destiny D.
Morganton, NC
One of my favorite morning pick-me-ups. I love buying the Starbucks coffee from my local grocery store because it's much cheaper than the actual Starbucks franchise stores.
Julia Z.
Bloomington, IL
If you must drink instant coffee, Starbucks Via packets are by far the best option, the French Roast being my favorite. I always buy a box or two before I travel in case the hotel coffee is bad or if I need a pick-me-up. Although it doesn't quite taste like freshly brewed coffee, it does not taste like chemicals or an acidic mess. Definitely recommend!
Fatima V.
I start my morning with one cup of this. I usually add a little milk and sugar because that's how I've always liked my coffee. My mom, on the other hand, usually drinks this black. She says it's great black but I hate black and only recommend any coffee with milk and little sugar.
Becky L.
Hulbert, OK
I have been a cooffe drinker for a long time. And this Star bucks french coffee is delicious. It makes memories of found times come back with the smell and the taste just so creamy yummy. I tell all my friends to try this and they are pleased .
Mindi E.
Tyler
This did not live up to what I thought it would be like! I was in a bind and didn't have time to run and get coffee and did t have any to make at home, and I was given this as a gift with a cup. I dumped it out! Instant coffee isn't my thing and it will probably never be.

back