STARBUCKS® French Roast Intense & Smoky Ground

Smoky and singular, the pure, explosive flavor of our darkest roast.

Muted with oil, the tumbling beans become eerily silent. A master roaster watches, knowing that if he pushes them a second too long, they'll burst into flame. White smoke hangs down as the glistening beans turn ebony. This is French Roast, and you can't roast it darker. Straightforward, light-bodied with low acidity, and immensely popular since 1971, our darkest roast is adored for its intense smokiness.

How is product ???
How does Starbucks ground French Roast compared to Starbucks Sumatra ground?
Ok I love coffee but never tried this one I always drink Dunkin donuts coffee any suggestions how does this one taste ?
Start your review of STARBUCKS® French Roast Intense & Smoky Ground!
How would you rate this product?
Colorado Spgs, CO
My favorite coffee! If you are a fan of flavorful dark roast coffee - this is your pick! I like my coffee to have robust strong flavor, and Starbucks does a really good job with their French Roast!
Paleo
Elkins Park, PA
Purchased at: Whole Foods
I love making coffee in the morning especially with Starbucks French roast in the morning it's a good booster for work taste so good when I add homemade whip cream and shredded chocolate on top.
Vegetarian
Centreville, VA
This is an absolute must in our house! We buy the huge bag from a wholesale retailer and grind at home. Something about freshly round coffee just tastes better. The French roast is definitely dark and smoky but that’s my favorite. Definitely not for someone who likes medium to light roasts, it’s gotta bite! If someone gave me a year supply of this Starbucks coffee, I would be the richest woman in the world.
Port Charlotte, Fl
My daughter works at Starbucks so I get a free pound of any brew! Yes I know it's great. I'm now a coffee snob since its all I drink. So honesty I don't know how much the price is. I know it's way more than regular so that's an issue for most people or a con. But it really is great, I do have favorite blends, but it's free so I'm not picky!
Organic, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Cedar Rapids , IA
Purchased at: Walmart
My favorite starbucks coffee to buy....aside from the espresso! This is close to it I feel like when it comes to the creaminess! Very nice taste! I use it in my keurig cause I have a reusable pod or whatever and it comes out great!
Dairy Free, No Special Diet
Brooklyn
It tastes like it says on the packaging - dark and smokey. Normally, I drink my coffee black but this is actually a little too dark for me. But it does taste good with hazelnut creamer.
No Special Diet
Starbucks french roast is my go to coffee when i’m not looking to experiment. I can always trust that starbucks will make a great cup of coffee. This blend is dark and luscious.
Vegetarian, Vegan, Organic
Flushing, NY
French roast is one of the best coffee, my hubby love this so much , he drink two cups per day, it give him a fresh morning. It’s not to bitter or sweet, it’s right amount of acidity.☕️.STARBUCKS® French Roast Intense & Smoky Ground
Organic, Dairy Free
Los Angeles, CA
Super stoked that I can purchase Starbucks French Roast in my local grocery store. The smell alone is amazing and the taste is smooth and delicious, which you will definitely appreciate as long as your not like me who piles the great flavor under tons of cream and sugar. Come on....it's Starbucks. You will love it.
Palm Desert, CA
We lived in Seattle for 28 years and were one of the first trying Starbucks (my husband was Manager of the Roasting Plant in Kent for 2 years). The flavor of ANY Starbucks product if what some people call “charbucks” I guess meaning that it’s burned flavor? Couldn’t be further from the truth! We love the bold, dark coffees. If it’s not Starbucks, it’s not coffee!!!
No Special Diet
Ask a question to the Influenster community...