STARBUCKS® French Roast Intense & Smoky Ground

Smoky and singular, the pure, explosive flavor of our darkest roast.

Muted with oil, the tumbling beans become eerily silent. A master roaster watches, knowing that if he pushes them a second too long, they'll burst into flame. White smoke hangs down as the glistening beans turn ebony. This is French Roast, and you can't roast it darker. Straightforward, light-bodied with low acidity, and immensely popular since 1971, our darkest roast is adored for its intense smokiness.

How is product ???
How does Starbucks ground French Roast compared to Starbucks Sumatra ground?
Ok I love coffee but never tried this one I always drink Dunkin donuts coffee any suggestions how does this one taste ?
Start your review of STARBUCKS® French Roast Intense & Smoky Ground!
How would you rate this product?
Hanover, MN
I really enjoy this dark roast coffee it has a very bold flavor and is especially strong when freshly ground! Definitely would recommend trying this flavor and I really like the way it tastes with a French press coffee maker!
Dairy Free
S Portland, ME
The best cup of coffee I’ve ever made at home. I get the beans ground at Starbucks and brew at home. No coffee compares to this one. It’s strong but not overwhelming and I can tell the caffeine amount is perfect. Wakes me up!
Organic, Gluten Free, No Special Diet
Fort Madison, IA
Pretty good! Definitely strong, but had a great taste. I probably couldn’t drink it every morning but it’s a nice treat! Not too expensive. A little pricey though. But a little goes a long way.
Organic, No Special Diet
Metropolis, IL
I love my Starbucks and being able to have Starbucks brand coffee at home is wonderful I am a repeat consumer has great packaging and is very fordable and it did meet my expectations and I definitely would purchase this again
Alameda, CA
I drink this blend when I want a strong bitter kick. I tend to drink this as an espresso - and it can be harsh for someone who is not into bitter tastes. If you're a first time coffee consumer, I would go for something else.
Phoenix, AZ
I prefer dark roast coffees. This one is better than most. Perhaps it isn’t my most favorite ever, but it does have a good flavor. I usually can get a good price on it as well, and those two reasons are usually why I choose it.
Organic, No Special Diet
Placerville, CA
My favorite of the Starbucks coffee. I love how rich it is. Tastes like actual bold coffee. Like I said for the other roast, I don’t really like to buy this coffee prepared at Starbucks, but love making it at home
Vegetarian
Greenwood, SC
This tastes so good! I don’t normally like hot coffee and at home coffee but this is so good. I love Starbucks so getting a whole bag of it for cheaper than purchasing it everyday is a PLUS! Will purchase again..
No Special Diet
I usually get this for my mom as she is a coffee drinker. Her preference is dark as she likes the intense flavor and aroma of this specific coffee. If you like dark, rich flavors then you might like this one.
Organic, Dairy Free, Sugar Free
Bluffton, SC
Purchased at: Target
Very rich in flavor. Did not provide the boost in energy I was hoping for but I was never r disappointed in the taste. Recommend for anyone the drinks coffee for pleasure of taste as opposed to energy boost.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...