STARBUCKS® French Roast Intense & Smoky Ground

Smoky and singular, the pure, explosive flavor of our darkest roast.

Muted with oil, the tumbling beans become eerily silent. A master roaster watches, knowing that if he pushes them a second too long, they'll burst into flame. White smoke hangs down as the glistening beans turn ebony. This is French Roast, and you can't roast it darker. Straightforward, light-bodied with low acidity, and immensely popular since 1971, our darkest roast is adored for its intense smokiness.

How is product ???
How does Starbucks ground French Roast compared to Starbucks Sumatra ground?
Ok I love coffee but never tried this one I always drink Dunkin donuts coffee any suggestions how does this one taste ?
Start your review of STARBUCKS® French Roast Intense & Smoky Ground!
How would you rate this product?
Orange , CA
I really liked this blend. I like my coffee on the sweeter side and very fragrant and this wakes me right up in the morning. side not that if you add coconut oil and sugar to the coffee grounds this particular blend is absolutely perfect for a very satisfying body scrub. A+
Visalia, CA
I work night shifts, 12 hours long. So I do drink a lot of coffee at work and at home to keep up with my kids as well. I’ve had many different blends of coffee but I like the rich, bold, flavor of the dark roast. Does help me stay awake for the most part.
East Aurora, NY
Starbucks offers fine quality coffee at an okay price, which is a much cheaper option than buying a cup every morning. I would recommend this product but not for those who have very high standards for coffee. There really isn’t anything too special about it.
San Antonio , TX
I have not had a chance to try this one but ive had friends and family who have and they say its really good and smells wonderful so i definitely need to try this flavor of Starbucks out and they say it dont need any improvement either so i recommend it
fairmont, WV
French Roast is my favorite coffee after espresso: it is full-bodied and delicious. And say what you like about Starbucks, while their products are reliable they can be somewhat pricey. But if you’re liked you can’t really put a price on a great cup of coffee!
Champaign, IL
I drink a lot of coffee, and I’m not a snob, but this is over roasted. I’ve bought this specific blend three separate times and each purchase, it tasted burnt no matter how I drank it. It’s over roasted and far too much to let any flavor come out.
Winter Haven, FL
Beautiful flavor, French toast is life! I've been fortunate to catch this on a BOGO at Publix Supermarkets. Tastes great made at home, or at an actual Starbucks. Definitely one of my favorites. For the coffee lover I absolutely advise to try it.
Low Carb
Halifax, NS
I love a good cup of coffee at home, who doesn't? But I love it even more when I can enjoy my favorite chain at home for a fraction of the price. Adding a bit of hazelnut silk almond beverage makes it all the better, espeicially at only 35cals.
No Special Diet
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! I’m a huge fan of dark roasts and strong coffee. So this suits me perfectly. The slight Smokey taste just brings all the flavors together. The aroma is so good as well. I can’t really explain it, but it just smells so heavenly.
Organic, No Special Diet
Bakersfield , CA
I’ve truly enjoyed the crisp taste of their coffee as versus the nutty taste of Folgers (just for a comparison). The k cups are a bit overpriced. The grounds are cheaper. French is Bold and earthy. The strong caffeine content is preferable in my honest opinion. Mediums have a stronger caffeine content than bolds (FYi) I prefer a strong taste so I brew mediums on bold and bold on regular.
No Special Diet
Ask a question to the Influenster community...