BY STARBUCKS #6 in Cold Brew & Iced Coffee

A sweet blend of espresso, mocha syrup, B vitamins, guarana, ginseng and natural milk proteins.

DID YOU KNOW

The first demonstration of artificial refrigeration was performed by William Cullen at the University of Glasgow in 1748.

• Does this have like a very strong coffee taste with no su...1 Answers
  • Is this any good? Is it too over powering of an energy dr...5 Answers
  • What is Guarana?1 Answers
Tonya H.
West Columbia, SC
I am a huge Starbucks fan and for their products to be available almost everywhere I shop is awesome. STARBUCKS DOUBLE SHOT ENERGY is great tasting, and really gives me that boost if I feel tired or drained, you can even heat it up, add whip cream, and much more, If you are a fan of STARBUCKS I do suggest giving the Energy COFFEE a try, they are the best.
Kat ✌.
Corpus Christi
I have one of these a day!!! They are my favorite type of energy drink not as harsh as redbull or monster! STARBUCKS® Doubleshot® Energy Vanilla Drink
Megan S.
Fitspiration Expert Level 2
Starbucks double shot energy is what gets me through my crazy busy day. The taste is delicious and gives me that extra pep in my step. It’s affordable and easy to find. I would highly recommend if you haven’t tried this to stop at your local gas station and pick one up.
Sarah H.
Lake St Louis, MO
I keep these in the fridge just to grab and go whenever I need one. It almost tastes like a chocolate milk with coffee added in. So smooth tasting without an overpowering coffee taste. If I’m feeling extra tired I know one of these will do the trick. Love that I can find them in four-packs at different stores now.
Courtney R.
Clovis, NM
This is my morning drink every single day! I wouldn't be able to function without the amazing energy it gives me! The taste is unbeatable as well! It's so convenient compared to brewing a cup of coffee! STARBUCKS® Doubleshot® Energy Vanilla Drink
Jennifer S.
Minneapolis , MN
As a serious coffee drinker these are the bomb. I pretty much drink them everyday. They have just the right amount of sugar and taste great.
Paige S.
I decided to try one of these energy drinks by Starbucks, as they are fueled by herbs and vitamins rather than pure caffeine. Based off of taste and enjoyment, I give it a 3/5. It tastes like a coffee blend of mocha, hazelnut, and white chocolate, and is definitely on the Sour-Savory side of things.

The sourness, while it is quite strong, is usually overpowered by the flavoring of the drink. However, you can still taste it in the high background. The reason for the sour taste is due to the espresso - rather than the milk or anything else. If a company under-extracts the espresso, it will give off a more fruity smell and taste, rather than the coffee taste fully extracted espresso should taste like. This definitely seems to be the reason, especially since you can taste the sour espresso the most in their Coffee-flavored version of this drink.

Energy wise, I bring this drink up to a 4/5. The DoubleShot utilizes Panax Ginseng, Guarana, Inisitol (Vitamin B8), and Taurine (not so great, but isnt actually bad depending on how the company extracted it). Panax Ginseng contains compounds called Ginsenosides/Panaxosides (depending on what country you are from), which are molecules that support many factors of well-being, including neural functions (such as memory, mood, and stress levels), and physical issues (respritory problems, cellular problems, and many more). Guarana is a seed that is literally only caffeine, and Starbucks only puts in 90mg of the stuff, which translates to roughly 4.7 mg of caffeine. Inisitol is just Vitamin B8 which helps your body in general and aids in relieving anxiety.

All these herbs blended together plus an additional 150mg of caffeine from espresso brings me, personally, a very productive and non-cloudy high, and allow me to go about my business feeling relaxed yet energetic. It is coffee without the overload and eventual comedown where you want a nap.

Since they use herbs, mainly, I didn't expect a jittery-high of most energy drinks - and I see many reviews where people were dissapointed by this. I, however, love what this product brings to me, and even though its not perfectly healthy, Starbucks is definitely on the right route.

Overall, with 3/5 for taste and a 4/5 for energy, the total rating averages to 3.5/5 - which we can't give half stars, so I will round up to a final rating of 4/5! :)
Amber B.
louisville
This is my favorite energy drink and favorite canned, cold coffee. This tastes so good and actually gives me energy like nothing else. It by far exceeded my expectations. All of my nursing school friends drink this before class for a pick me up!
Tanya M.
Maplewood, MN
The coffee flavor is my favorite. I've been drinking this coffee for years and nothing compares. I NEED this Starbucks Doubleshot energy drink to start my day. It wakes me up and helps me kick start my day.
Megan K.
Toronto, OH
Fitspiration Expert Level 1
Husband just picked these up in a 4 pack from Walmart. Since I didn't have my coffee yet! 140 calories. It's different really. Tastes weird but in a good way.. so far not noticing an after taste which I like not having. STARBUCKS® Doubleshot® Energy Mocha Drink
y T.
How does this even taste??
Tami W.
Richfield, UT
Has anyone had two of these one after another?
Tamara H.
Lawton, OK
Does it really work? Does it have a funny after taste or does it taste like Coffee?
Shirin S.
Port Coquitlam, BC
Is this any good?
Danessa B.
Buckeye, AZ
Will there be any new flavors?

Amazon