BY STARBUCKS #6 in Cold Brew & Iced Coffee

A sweet blend of espresso, mocha syrup, B vitamins, guarana, ginseng and natural milk proteins.

DID YOU KNOW

The first demonstration of artificial refrigeration was performed by William Cullen at the University of Glasgow in 1748.

• Does this have like a very strong coffee taste with no su...1 Answers
  • Is this any good? Is it too over powering of an energy dr...5 Answers
  • What is Guarana?1 Answers
Paige S.
I decided to try one of these energy drinks by Starbucks, as they are fueled by herbs and vitamins rather than pure caffeine. Based off of taste and enjoyment, I give it a 3/5. It tastes like a coffee blend of mocha, hazelnut, and white chocolate, and is definitely on the Sour-Savory side of things.

The sourness, while it is quite strong, is usually overpowered by the flavoring of the drink. However, you can still taste it in the high background. The reason for the sour taste is due to the espresso - rather than the milk or anything else. If a company under-extracts the espresso, it will give off a more fruity smell and taste, rather than the coffee taste fully extracted espresso should taste like. This definitely seems to be the reason, especially since you can taste the sour espresso the most in their Coffee-flavored version of this drink.

Energy wise, I bring this drink up to a 4/5. The DoubleShot utilizes Panax Ginseng, Guarana, Inisitol (Vitamin B8), and Taurine (not so great, but isnt actually bad depending on how the company extracted it). Panax Ginseng contains compounds called Ginsenosides/Panaxosides (depending on what country you are from), which are molecules that support many factors of well-being, including neural functions (such as memory, mood, and stress levels), and physical issues (respritory problems, cellular problems, and many more). Guarana is a seed that is literally only caffeine, and Starbucks only puts in 90mg of the stuff, which translates to roughly 4.7 mg of caffeine. Inisitol is just Vitamin B8 which helps your body in general and aids in relieving anxiety.

All these herbs blended together plus an additional 150mg of caffeine from espresso brings me, personally, a very productive and non-cloudy high, and allow me to go about my business feeling relaxed yet energetic. It is coffee without the overload and eventual comedown where you want a nap.

Since they use herbs, mainly, I didn't expect a jittery-high of most energy drinks - and I see many reviews where people were dissapointed by this. I, however, love what this product brings to me, and even though its not perfectly healthy, Starbucks is definitely on the right route.

Overall, with 3/5 for taste and a 4/5 for energy, the total rating averages to 3.5/5 - which we can't give half stars, so I will round up to a final rating of 4/5! :)
Stephanie G.
Los Angeles
Purchased at: Target
So I'm not a big fan of these. I taste a weird aftertaste everytime I drink them. But they do help boost energy. I'd say give them a shot because they are really popular where I work and a bunch of my friends call me crazy when I day I don't like them.
Maria C.
Purchased at: Safeway
I’ve never been a fan of energy drinks mainly due to their taste, BUT these not only taste delicious they work great for me... Great to have when in a rush or when you need an extra boost through the day.
Hannah B.
Duluth
These are great energy drinks. They taste good and are very flavorful. The only thing I have disliked about them is the aftertaste. It’s almost unbearable if you don’t brush your teeth or eat something different after.
Courtney R.
Clovis, NM
This is my morning drink every single day! I wouldn't be able to function without the amazing energy it gives me! The taste is unbeatable as well! It's so convenient compared to brewing a cup of coffee! STARBUCKS® Doubleshot® Energy Vanilla Drink
Megan S.
Fitspiration Expert Level 2
Starbucks double shot energy is what gets me through my crazy busy day. The taste is delicious and gives me that extra pep in my step. It’s affordable and easy to find. I would highly recommend if you haven’t tried this to stop at your local gas station and pick one up.
Ashley R.
TACOMA, WA
Starbucks Isa huge company and gets a lot of things right. This product is among one of their good ones! I'm not a huge fan of the price tag that comes along with Starbucks items but the quality is usually worth it. The flavor of this is just right, good mocha taste without being too sweet.
Ashe S.
Jacksonville
It tasted like spoiled milk. I thought it was just a one time thing, but I've gotten 2 others since then and they tasted the same. All dates weren't expired until 2019, so it wasn't that. They made me feel extremely ill. The others taste a bit better, it's just the mocha ones so far. This is making people sick, they need to fix this.
Chymarii B.
It was pretty good if your a coffee drinker. I mixed it with my ice coffee to make it taste a lil better. I would take this over any energy drink only because I'm not fond of them anyway. I prefer coffee.. Ann's it definitely did exceed !y expectations. I needed a boost of energy for work and it gave me 2
Sandra V.
San Antonio
If I have to drink coffee on the run and I don't have much of an option, I like these canned coffees from starbucks. They provide the flavor I crave with the extra kick of caffeine. It can be a quick way to get some caffeine on the go! And I can usually find them at the gas stations and stores.
Anvenette H.
utica, NY
How much are you really willing to spend on drinks like these? I personally would save my money not a drink I would lean towards
Elizabeth J.
Stockton, CA
Never tried this. But running out of energy do they really work. Need the energy for shopping. lol
Jastinee D.
North Miami, FL
Fitspiration Expert Level 2
What is Guarana?
#KVNGZ🗣 J.
Philadelphia
Does this have like a very strong coffee taste with no sugar like an energy drink? Or does it taste like good coffee?🤔😅

Amazon