BY STARBUCKS #13 in Coffee Beans & Instant Coffee

Tasting notes:   Earthy, herbal. Flavor Intensity:   Extra Bold. Asia/Pacific Sumatra.  Like the tiger indigenous to Sumatra, this coffee is big, bold, unpredictable and utterly captivating.  No other coffee has its distinctive earthy aroma and lingering low notes.  The heavy, full body and incredibly concentrated herbal spice notes are the hallmarks of a great Sumatra and the pride of our most seasoned roasters. Enjoy with: A stack of syrupy pancakes before the house wakes up. The Flavor of Asia/Pacific Coffees:  Traditions and growing conditions within the Asia/Pacific region are as varied as its coffees.  Flavors range from spicy and full-bodied. see more...

• I know a lot of "dark" coffees have a bitter taste to them? How d...4 Answers
  • I'm a Coffee Lover! So...would you recommend this type of coffee ...13 Answers
  • Would you recommend this or a verismo pod 3 Answers
  • "It has great flavor n amazing rich taste!!!" in 4 reviews
  • "Love how this gives me a long time energy affect!!" in 2 reviews
  • "I was very disappointed, but then again I'm not a big fan of the flavor of home-brewed Starbucks coffee anyways. " in 2 reviews
B I.
B I.
Waldorf, MD
Foodie Expert
[Dark Espresso Roast] Over roasted / tastes burnt. I don't buy this coffee but others in my household do--probably out of brand loyalty to Starbucks. There are a lot of alternatives out there. If you're paying you should get your money's worth and try other brands. That said I do drink through bags of this and the burnt taste is covered by sugar, creamer and / or whipped cream.
Deepti R.
Deepti R.
Foodie Expert
I love the bold flavors of this coffee. Starbucks does a great job packaging their products and buying whole beans is the way to go. Great price for coffee that lasts a while too. I will continue to buy either this or the French roast because of the strong coffee flavors after grinding it fresh to drink.
Liz P.
Liz P.
Foodie Expert
I like stronger coffee and this def is that. If you don't like strong coffee, i wouldn't recommend this to others. the coffee always meets my expectations and sometimes you can earn stars for buying the products. I've been getting this coffee for ears and will continue to do so.
Darlene D.
Darlene D.
Upland, PA
Starbucks is a great coffee. I am glad you can make it at home and not just have to buy it at their store. I really enjoy the dark roast. I will drink throughout the day and into the night. The darker the roast the better. I enjoy this even more when it goes on sale.
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
Rockaway, Nj
My husband is obsessed with this coffee! I am not allowed to run out! :) I prefer lighter roasts, but he would drink only this kind of coffee until the end of time, he enjoys the bold flavor and says there is no bitterness at the end like some of the other brands.
Carolyn F.
Carolyn F.
Camillus, NY
Can't go back to my old coffee after having this in the house. Love the dark roast in the morning. Tons of great flavor. Packaging of course is on brand with everything else Starbucks-esque. We get the whole beans and grind them at home. Drinking as I'm typing! :)
Teralyn W.
Teralyn W.
Foodie Expert
My nectar from heaven! I've been a coffee drinker since I was little (It was bonding thing with my grandma and I, don't judge) and I have had A LOT of coffee variations. It may be mainstream, but it is my favorite go to for waking up in the morning.
Betsabel R.
Betsabel R.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
Foodie Expert
Starbucks coffee dark roast is delicious. I am really not a big fan of dark coffee but this one does not taste dark and strong like other competitors. I like to switch coffee up from time to time. This one I always go back to. I recommend it.
Alecia S.
Alecia S.
Jesup, GA
Tried this because I read dark roast has less caffeine, and I could tell that it does. It tastes delicious. I do wish that it was available in medium grind, as I use a French press, and the fine grounds get through and into my coffee cup.
amanda R.
amanda R.
This coffee is rich and smooth. Dark coffee is a must for me! I have a single cup coffee pot and this is dark enough to make a great cup of coffee and does not taste bitter at all! I add a bit of all natural vanilla creamer and enjoy!
Norma E.
Norma E.
Ligonier, IN
I'm a Coffee Lover! So...would you recommend this type of coffee for a morning favorite? Is it the taste strong enough? Thanks
Tina K.
Tina K.
Ponchatoula, LA
Will this brand be good for Iced Coffee?
cherie t.
cherie t.
Is there a keurig cup version for italian roast?
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
Swannanoa, NC
I know a lot of "dark" coffees have a bitter taste to them? How does this rate on that kind of scale?
Irene L.
Irene L.
Would you recommend this or a verismo pod