BY STARBUCKS #23 in Coffee Beans & Instant Coffee

Tasting notes:   Earthy, herbal. Flavor Intensity:   Extra Bold. Asia/Pacific Sumatra.  Like the tiger indigenous to Sumatra, this coffee is big, bold, unpredictable and utterly captivating.  No other coffee has its distinctive earthy aroma and lingering low notes.  The heavy, full body and incredibly concentrated herbal spice notes are the hallmarks of a great Sumatra and the pride of our most seasoned roasters. Enjoy with: A stack of syrupy pancakes before the house wakes up. The Flavor of Asia/Pacific Coffees:  Traditions and growing conditions within the Asia/Pacific region are as varied as its coffees.  Flavors range from spicy and full-bodied. see more...

• What is your favorite Starbucks coffee?3 Answers
  • I know a lot of "dark" coffees have a bitter taste to them? How d...4 Answers
  • I'm a Coffee Lover! So...would you recommend this type of coffee ...13 Answers
  • "It has great flavor n amazing rich taste!!!" in 4 reviews
  • "Love how this gives me a long time energy affect!!" in 2 reviews
  • "I was very disappointed, but then again I'm not a big fan of the flavor of home-brewed Starbucks coffee anyways. " in 2 reviews
Lillia D.
Review for: Espresso more...
A strong bold coffee that has a rich flavor to it. When I use the espresso roast, I like to use it in my French press so I can really squeeze out the flavor! I brew this roast about 200° for 5 minutes and always comes out just right. Would recommend to black coffee drinkers or for mixing at home lattes and cappuccinos!
Amanda R.
Howell, MI
Review for: Verona Blend, Ground more...
I'm a big coffee drinker, typically 2 pots a day...no joke. Picked up a bag of the Verona blend to try something new. While it was 'okay' I was not impressed, especially for the price. For a dark roast, it has a lighter flavor- I prefer bold. It also has an odd undertone that I can't put my finger on...salty? Metallic? Unappealing is all I can say for sure.

This won't put me off trying other Starbucks blends, but I will not be picking up a bag of Verona again.
Heather M.
Helena, AL
Review for: Italian Roast,Fair Trade Certified more...
This coffee is exactly what I want in a cup! It’s rich, but not too strong. It’s very affordable, easy to find at any grocery store, and smells amazing. I’ve drank this coffee every single morning for months now and I couldn’t be more pleased!
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
This is one of my favorite coffees. It has a very strong flavor. Which is what I perfer. It's definitely got a good amount of caffeine too. I can't stand it when I feel like I'm drinking watered down half and half. This definitely has a big enough punch that I don't feel like that. I use the reuseable k cups in my Keurig and it's not ground too thin where I have black sluge in the bottom of my cup. Just right!! Definitely recommend if you love a bold strong cup of joe!!
Conner D.
Mt Pleasant, SC
Review for: Verona Blend, Ground more...
I absolutely love this type of coffee. I've been hooked on this coffee for a long time and have tried other brands for a lower price, but nothing matches up. You get what you pay for! I usually add hazelnut almond creamer and it's delicious!
Katelynn S.
Punxsutawney , PA
This is an okay Starbucks coffee blend, but it often has a bitterness that is hard to get around. Coffee can be bold and strong in flavor, but bitterness is not the same thing. Also, Starbucks coffees are often stale by the time it makes it to store shelves, which might explain the bitterness. If you can find a fresh bag, it is okay, but otherwise I do not recommend this product.
Leigh R.
Columbia, SC
Just what the bag says, a rich and caramelly taste. Starbucks is the only coffee I will buy. I have to have a strong coffee or else I don't think it worth drinking. I like to add either a white mocha flavor or French vanilla sryup.
Sarah F.
Watertown, NY
Delicious!! I love this coffee. It is a little bit higher price point which is fine When I am in the mood to splurge a little this is what I buy. Would definitely recommend and purchase again
Steph M.
River Falls, WI
This is the best quality coffee to buy from the grocery store!  The whole beans are fresh, and grind very nicely.  The freshness can not be beat from the packaging, and it keeps the coffees oils in place very nicely. This is worth the cost in my opinion.
Shayla C.
Los Angeles, CA
Although Starbucks is not my first choice for coffee houses, you still can't go wrong when you need a quick black coffee. I enjoy their dark roasts, and still visit frequently. They have locations everywhere, so it makes it very convenient to get my coffee fix.
Norma E.
Ligonier, IN
I'm a Coffee Lover! So...would you recommend this type of coffee for a morning favorite? Is it the taste strong enough? Thanks
Tina K.
Ponchatoula, LA
Will this brand be good for Iced Coffee?
cherie t.
Is there a keurig cup version for italian roast?
Stephanie S.
Swannanoa, NC
I know a lot of "dark" coffees have a bitter taste to them? How does this rate on that kind of scale?
Irene L.
Would you recommend this or a verismo pod