Add a Photo

Photos (487)
Anayansi E.
Anayansi E.
Cuauhtémoc

After I become a barista at a local cafe, I get more are more aware of how sweet Starbucks drinks are or when my drink isn't made properly- I heard employees are required to memorize the recipes, but maybe provide guidelines they can refer to?

It's kind of disappointing when there's a seasonal drink that some baristas make perfectly and you go back to get it again and receive a completely different drink- with the ingredient amounts being off and tasting completely different. The Strawberry Shortcake frappe was SOO GOOD but when I ordered it again and a different barista made it, it tasted and looked like a strawberry & creme frappe with added hazelnut syrup and all I could taste was sugar. When I went up to check if this was actually a strawberry shortcake they said I must like my drink with extra strawberry.

No, actually, I just like my drink made properly.

(It turned out to be an issue of ingredients again, the first time I had it, there was some sort of strawberry juice/preserve added while the messed up one only had DRY ingredients for the strawberry- which is how the strawberry creme frappe is made- which again, is not what I ordered.

If it's busy I understand and I never like to go up and ask for changes to be made/ make them do work but I think this would be easily avoided if recipes were always there for reference for workers so they can double check amounts and not wing it.

Other than that, generally love the frappes!
Maria Belen V.
Maria Belen V.

Starbucks is its own entity in the world of coffee really. You either love it or you hate it. Even being a quick 'quad shot espresso' drinker I have to appreciate the different roasts and coffees they cycle through. A common argument is that Starbucks is too complicated for the simple coffee drinker. I have to say that's a load of nonsense. The degree to which Starbucks allows their customers to customize every aspect of a drink, means that it can be a simple or complicated as you want it. It's simply a matter of being confident enough in what you want. Just try to stick to their terms and phrases. The baristas aren't trained to work at coffee bean or elsewhere, they were trained to work at Starbucks and therefore your entire journey will be much smoother if you use Starbucks-language (it's really not difficult). As any loyal customer knows, that typical cold shoulder from baristas melts away if you make a habit of showing up on a regular basis. If you don't want coffee on the reg, that's cool but don't expect the baristas to give you the moon on a platter and sunshinr in their smile, because you are just one of hundreds of people that go through that door. You're paying approx $4 for coffee, not for them to make you feel better about yourself (ie. When it comes to spelling your name, or how they pronounce your name, or whether or not it seemed like they "had an attitude"), so don't expect more than your coffee.
paola d.
paola d.

Dayana L.
Dayana L.

No, actually, I just like my drink made properly.

Other than that, generally love the frappes!
Natalie A.
Natalie A.

Starbucks is one of the only coffee places that exist, so it's hard to get your caffeine fix elsewhere. I think Starbucks prices are a little overpriced and the sizes of the cups have shrunk over the years (while the prices have gone up; typical). I think little coffee places serve better coffee for better prices, but they're hard to find and aren't everywhere like Starbucks is.

I like their vanilla iced latte's, but I find that the vanilla frappuccinos that come in the glass bottles (Starbucks sells them in the little refrigerated area with the sandwiches/yogurts/other drinks) taste better, are cheaper, and contain more liquid than the lattes you ask to have made. They rip you off with the amount of ice they put in the cups.

Some other things I recommend trying are the Passion Iced Tea (sweetened and with lemonade), the Greek Yogurt with berry compote and granola, and the Turkey and Havarati cheese sandwich. The yogurt and sandwich are now overpriced considering they shrunk the sizes of both of these items, so they really aren't worth buying if you can find an alternative but they are delicious. Can't deny that.

So I think Starbucks has good products, but for the prices I wouldn't go frequently. Maybe if you want to treat yourself.
Sakura A.
Sakura A.
Doral, FL

Many of Starbucks fans love the drink and many Starbucks haters say that it’s a basic white girl thing to love Starbucks as much as some of us do and though I know that there’s other “requirements” to qualify as a basic white girl it’s not uncommon to hear that you are basic just because Starbucks is part of your life.

Though I understand that not everyone has to love a brand, because yes, that’s what it is it’s always funny to compare with, I don’t know, loving a football or soccer team. Is it really different? People that love a sports team love what it represents or what it stands for in their family or for their group of friends. For me, at least, Starbucks does not only represent delicious coffee or tea and seasonal drinks it also represents a place I feel safe enough to work at, to share great moments with my friends and family and amazing customer service.

Even more so I like the feeling I get when I’m at Starbucks during this season, because even though in Costa Rica we don’t really see the leaves change and fall, I’ve learned over the years that change is not bad and life is about constant change and for me that is the kind of atmosphere I get sitting at Starbucks sipping a PSL.
Christie R.
Christie R.
San Diego, CA

The "Iced Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato features espresso shots poured over chilled coconut milk and combined with a hint of white chocolate mocha sauce." The limited-time espresso drink is available in all sizes and will cost you as little as $4.25, but that's only if you're willing to settle for a Tall. You can check out the beverage's Nutrition Facts.
Let's get one thing straight: It's apparent Starbucks now has coconut milk available and the chain is trying to milk it (Get it?!) as best it can by swapping out real milk with coconut milk in any ole' drink and advertising it as a new one.
There are some definite upsides to Starbucks using coconut milk. It's lactose free. It's less caloric. It's chock full of healthy fat. It's vegan, which is vital to note because I'm sure a fast food website like #HackTheMenu has a huge vegan following. And in my humble opinion, it's tasty af.
The Iced Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato is a rich, creamy, only slightly coconut-y rendition of a standard Starbucks macchiato. My go-to right now.
Angela Z.
Angela Z.
Pacifica, CA

So for real, I order Starbucks every work day.  I work directly above a Starbucks.  I use the Starbucks app and load it with money.  They make it so easy to cut out the wait time and convey your exact order with no misunderstandings.  I order my drink on the app, same drink every day.  The regular workers at my Starbucks recognize me and recognize my drink order.  But let's be real, my drink is different every day.  Every damn day it tastes different.  Sometimes it's GREAT.  Sometime's it's wrong.  Sometimes it's just bad.  Not knocking the regular baristas because actually they're consistent.  Maybe it's just my Starbucks but it seems like there's a constantly revolving door of new employees there learning how to make drinks.  A girl handed me a grande Americano that was literally 1/3 full and when I asked her if she had added water, she told me to my face that "we don't normally fill it up".  Except for I order this drink every damn day, and every damn day it is full, because like, that's what it is.  GET IT TOGETHER STARBUCKS PLS.
Kelly G.
Kelly G.
Miami, Florida

I love this coffee coffee, I like the luagres as starbucks because they have room to sit and chat, etc. I like Starbucks mainly because it gives me a place to sit, enjoy my coffee and enjoy some schoolwork without the distractions that would in my house. Another thing I really like about Starbucks is the secret menu. There are plenty of infinite varieties of drinks that you can do in Starbucks with different amounts of syrups, toppings, etc. They have, but obviously not put everything on the menu. Google "Starbucks secret menu" for what can add / remove your go-to drink to make it a completely different! For example, I used to get an iced coffee or caramel vanilla bean until I got sick syrup, a barista had asked me if I wanted to try it with a different syrup, so I said: "Sure ..." I took a I sip, and I fell. Now my go-to drink is a soy cinnamon dolce iced coffee. All they did was make a regular iced coffee and cinnamon dolce uses syrup latte cinnamon dolce ... it is SOOOOO good! Starbucks, my heart always will endure.
Abby D.
Abby D.

I'm a fan of Starbucks, although it isn't my favorite coffee spot, per se. I enjoy the ambience of the cafes, the music selection, and their rotating choice of seasonal coffees. I like the customization that Starbucks offers. Keeping all of that in mind, as a general "I like Starbucks quite a bit" kind of thing, there are a few things that might turn some people off. First, I find that Starbucks brand coffee is definitely on the bitter side, even for coffee. If you're looking for a more mellow coffee, and you're not into the super bitter taste of coffee, Starbucks might not be for you. Second, I have to admit that I find their bakery selection kind of boring, and often a little on the dry side. Third, I also recognize that it's pretty expensive! (particularly compared to some of the other coffee chains in my country, such as Tim Horton's). However, I do enjoy visiting Starbucks, especially if I'm meeting someone to talk. The cafes offer a comfortable place to visit, tasty coffee, and treats, too, if you want them!
Hollie M.
Hollie M.
Columbus, OH

Yeskleiry T.
Yeskleiry T.

What's your favorite starbucks drink?
Ariana R.
Ariana R.

What are some good drinks?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA

Whats your favorite drink?
lynn n.
lynn n.
Fontana, CA

What drink do you mostly order?

Join Now