BY ST. TROPEZ #6 in Self-Tanner

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

A lightweight, fast-acting tinted mousse that dries in 60 seconds and develops in as little as one hour. This highly advanced, no-fuss, fast-acting tan features intelligent shade technology that allows you to select your shade of tan by choosing when to shower. Comprised of 100 percent natural tanning agents, it delivers streak-free, natural-looking results on all skintones. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates This product is dermatologist tested, not tested on animals, and a 100 percent natural DHA. It is an Allure Best of Beauty winner. see more...

• How's the scent compared to other sunless tanners?1 Answers
  • I just ordered St. Tropez Tanning Essentials Self Tan Ex...2 Answers
  • Would you say it’s an easy application? Little to no stre...3 Answers
Jenny M.
Queensbury, NY
Review for: St. Tropez Tanning Essentials Self Tan Express Bronzing Mousse 6.7 oz more...
OK so I have a lot to say about this product but I will start by saying I LOVE IT and its so worth the money.

Formula: The mousse is so soft and spreads onto the skin easily. The scent is actually good! However once it dries down it does have the self tan smell that sticks around until your second shower. (a small price to pay)

Color: I find the color very natural. It WONT look orange because it's an olive based color. (it even looks greenish when you first apply) You can easily see where you are putting the mousse because of the color guard so that makes it easy to get every spot.

Application: The product dries fast so rub it in quickly. I STRONGLY recommend you buy the mitt it works really well. Make sure you exfoliate and shave before and also lotion up any dry areas. Pump the mousse onto the mitt and apply. Once the product is all over wait a few minutes for it to dry. It is going to feel a little sticky but just put on loose fitting clothes and chill around the house.

Duration: In my opinion, waiting only 1 hour is a waste of the product. People who buy a self tanner usually want to get TAN. One hour won't do anything noticeable and I find it a waste because you are using quite a bit of product. 2 hours is a perfect natural tan that will be noticeable to you but won't be SO noticeable that people will point you out and say "you tanned". and 3 hours is dark but not too dark. The color is never too dark, it always looks good! Ive actually left it on for 4 hours once but it claims you dont get any darker after 3. I was pleased with the results.

Downside: It does not stay for long. The face fades away very quick but the body stays longer because i wash my face more. The more you wash and shave and exfoliate the faster it fades.

Price: its 44$ at ulta but i would repurchase because this product will last me many many uses. I already used it 5 times full body and the bottle still feels relatively full.

Other info: Once you shower the tan off after waiting the desired time, DONT BE ALARMED because you loose alot of the tan. You come out of the shower and look at yourself and say "i barely got dark" BUT ... THE COLOR  BUILDS over the next 12-20 hours. The darkest point of the tan is definitely the day after application.
Jessica L.
Auburn
Ever since I tried this product, about three years ago now, it’s the only self tanner I will use. I’ve gone through my fair share of self tanning products and they’ve all been either disastrous or I didn’t get the results I wanted. They either are too orange, the color doesn’t show up, it’s flaky, wears off easily on clothes, or smells funny. But this one doesn’t do any of that! I love the fact that you instantly get the color as soon as you put it on, which also makes it easier to put on because you can see exactly where your putting the product. It doesn’t dry too fast so you get a good chance at blending it out evenly on your skin. You definitely need to let the product sit in your skin for a few hours to let the color stain your skin, then your good to jump in the shower and rinse it off. When you do put it on, allow it to dry for a good 5 mins and your good to put your clothes on. I haven’t had any problems with this wearing off into my clothes and staining them, although when I do put a fresh coat of this mouse on I avoid wearing white until I get a chance to rinse it off. One of the best things is that the tan fades evenly and does not flake off. Because of this I’m able to put it in about every other day without the product building up on my skin and getting all nasty looking. I have sensitive skin along with eczema and this does not irritate my skin at all, not to mention is smells so good! Now let’s talk about the color, I’m very pale and this gives me a great natural brown glow, not orange whatsoever, even when I put it on every other day. I highly recommend this tanner, you will not be disappointed! To get the best results, remember to shave, exfoliate, moisturize dry areas, blend with gloves and enjoy your fresh tan!
kaila c.
Plymouth
I have super mixed feelings about this self-tanner so to simplify here's a list of Pros and Cons:

Pros: this self-tanner smells better than any others that I've tried! Even my boyfriend wasn't too opposed to helping me rub it in because the scent is really nice. It applies easily with a glove, just like most other self-tanners on the market, and dried within 5-10 minutes of applying it. The color isn't orange tinted at all and actually looks like a nice bronzy tan before and after you rinse off.

Cons: As it comes off it is SO patchy and becomes super streaky. This may be from working out every day and sweating through the tan as it comes off, but I hate the process of removing it because it leaves really splotchy patches all over. I also have a super hard time getting this product to look okay around the wrists/ankles/knees which are problems areas when applying self-tanner, but this one seems to make it more noticeable.

Overall, I LIKE this self-tanner! It is much quicker and easier than one that develops overnight and looks for the first couple of days after applying it. My only downfall is the removal process, but that's it!

Kristina M.
This stuff is my savior! I used to tan in a tanning bed a ton. However, I recently switched to this. I used it all winter long and even before my spring break trip. I like to look EXTRAAAA dark and this gets you there, and fast! With only 3 hours to wait for a perfectly developed dark tan you cannot go wrong with this. The color comes out completely natural and the product glides on your skin easily and streak free. I use the St. Tropez tanning mitt and have had great success. I like to sleep in my tan and just wash it off in the morning. You don’t feel sticky with this on and it doesn’t stain your sheets thaat bad. I do like the look of the tan guard on, which is actually darker than when you wash it off, so I leave it on sometimes and go about my day and I can easily say I never felt gross or sticky or smelly. You will be a little sad when you wash the guard off though because it is so much darker than the actual tan but you do get extremely tan. You could also do a couple layers for a darker look and still avoid streakiness. This stuff is the best and I highly recommend!
Ash K.
Stevens Point, WI
Review for: St. Tropez Tanning Essentials Self Tan Express Bronzing Mousse 1.69 oz more...
I wanted to really like this. I think this was just something that wont work for me. I am so so fair skined you can see my veins. I am very sensitive to the sun and have an allergy to it so sunless tanners have been something I have been looking at for a long time. I went into Ulta and talked with rep she was confident giving me this product. I even questioned her if it was going to be too dark and she felt that it would be perfect ft or me. I followed the directions with exfoliating and using lotion but i was so orange it was very unnatural looking. So for someone with a darker complexion than mine it would probably be great.
Jess K.
Mineola, NY
I am very please with this product from St Tropez. I have used the original for years and I then tried the Loving tab 2 hr express because I was tired of waiting for a tan to develop. That one gave me a very nice brown color, but it’s very expensive for the amount and it goes very quickly so I opted to search for an alternative. This is it ladies! If you have used loving tan before and want more for you money try this! You do get a slight different color in this product. It comes out olive which I prefer over a brown color. And you have a choice of how long to keep it on 1-2-3-4 hours depending on the color you want. I personally love that I can choose based on timing with my color. In the wintertime it’s odd when you go from pale to super tan over night and people notice. I left mine in for 2.5 hours to get in between and it’s perfect! Very natural. I’m a good 3 shades darker instead of like 8. It does have a tan smell but it’s not horrible according to some of the other comments. Ladies, you’re putting tan on you it’s going to have some sort of smell. I can get over that. I highly recommend!
Ana R.
Chandler, AZ
Oh man. Ohhhhh man. Okay, if you’re not used to self-tanning products, make sure you read the instructions on this very carefully. It’s the St. Tropez mousse we all know and love, with the streak-free and simple, mess-free application (make sure you use a tanning mitt!)... but turned up quite a few notches.

Make sure you’re watching this tan like a hawk as it develops. My skin tone is already light-medium so I figured this wouldn’t do too much for me even if I kept it on 2-3 hours, but I was wrong. Within an hour, I saw a drastic change. By two, I was running to the shower to rinse it off because I was SUPER bronze. And the crazy thing is, this tan continues to develop for a few hours after you rinse, so I woke up the next morning even darker.

This is my new best friend since I use actives in my skincare routine (lactic acid, vitamin c, etc) and have to limit my sun exposure, but I also don’t want to look pasty since I’m really pale for a Puerto Rican girl. I look like I just spent a week by the beach thanks to this mousse!
Jillian B.
Virginia Beach
I absolutely LOVE this self tanning mousse! All of the other lotions I’ve used have had a weird smell and turned out streaky. This mousse is truly fool proof and AMAZING! The instructions are easy to follow. It smells pleasant, way better than other self tanners. Using an application mitt makes application and clean up easy and clean! It is tinted, so you an see where you have applied or not. Tan lasted well for about 4 days before noticeably fading for me with showering every day.

I’m fair skinned and typically am not able build a solid tan in the sun, so this quick 3 hour tan is perfect, whether it’s for a special occasion, use during the winter, or just because. You see results gradually the longer you leave it on. This is the first product of the line I’ve tried, and I am positive I will be buying it again, as well as try other products! It is a bit more pricey, but well worth the investment!
Ashley C.
Citrus Hts, CA
I have very fair skin and avoid sun exposure as best as I can, so I live for self-tanner. This is the best self-tanner I have ever used. The express aspect of it is genius. You can literally control the exact color of your tan based on how long you leave it on. If an event pops up for day of, I can quickly apply this 1-3 hours before showering and have a beautiful bronze glow in time for plans. I use it with the St. Tropez mitt.
Jessica M.
Denver
I really like this self tanner compared to others. It goes on so well, I always use a foam glove to apply, and it doesn't streak. The color is always really nice too. I like that you can wash it off after 3hours because the smell of self tanner really gets to me after a while, but it can be a pain to plan around having to take a shower 3 hours from application.
Katie C.
Vermilion, OH
What happens if you go longer than 3 hours without washing off this tan? Let's say I were to apply it, wait overnight, and shower in the morning. What would the color results be like?
Jessica D.
Kearny, NJ
If I purchase this and use it a few days before my wedding it won't rub off on my gown will it?
Glenda E.
Edinburg, TX
Where can I find this?
Ani Z.
Kent, WA
Would you say it’s an easy application? Little to no streaks? I am very interested in purchasing this tanner! ☺️
trinity c.
House Springs, MO
Does this work well for really pale girls? And does it look orange at all?

back