BY ST. TROPEZ #27 in Self-Tanner

What it is:
An innovative self-tan lotion used in the shower to deliver a natural-looking, buildable glow.

What it is formulated to do:
The most convenient way to tan—simply apply in shower and rinse in just three minutes. Great for all skintones and types, it delivers a natural-looking, bronze glow and extreme moisture without streaking or transferring onto clothing. It is made with a 100 percent natural DHA and infused with sweet almond oil to nourish the skin for a smooth, soft, hydrated finish. Use daily to gradually build an intense tan.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
For best results, use for three or more consecutive days. If you are looking to achieve a deeper tan, it’s important to not skip a day between applications since the color builds after each use. For an even darker glow, leave the lotion on your skin for up to five minutes before washing off. Apply generously as you can never over apply.

• Did anyone else find it a little drying? Love the...Be the first to answer!
  • Does this come out streaky?? It's just quite crazy to me to have a ...3 Answers
Kayla H.
Kayla H.
If you want a nice glow and not to look like you just stepped off the beach after 12 hours, then I recommend this product. This self tanner is great for the winter since it evens out your skin and makes you look less pasty. It could even be used in the summer to even that tan too. I personally did not like the smell of this product at all, so that was a major downfall. I still use it with . I do really like the concept of in the shower self tanner since it allows me to get everything done in one sitting (shaving, shampooing, tanning, etc.). Since I could wash off the product, I did not have to deal with the unpleasant smell, which was nice too. If you do buy this, just make sure you rinse it ALL off, otherwise you will get streaks.
Klare B.
Klare B.
I love St. Tropez line, but it can get a bit pricey. I love he fact that you apply this self tanner on i the shower, makes my tanning routine so much easier as I dont have to be completely dry to start applying. I apply this all over and really dont need to focus on being accurate with where i apply it as the tan is so gradual and not streaky at all. I apply while my hair conditioner is doing it's thing and rinse off and pat dry. It does have a light fragrance to it. I would give 5 stars but the price point and the amount it comes with doesnt last very long. I would stick with a drugstore product that achieves the same result and just use the St Tropez for special occasions :)
Sharlie B.
Sharlie B.
Marietta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I do not recommend. I am very pale. Most self tanners look orange or are way too dark. The girl at Ulta raved about this product, so I picked it up. Why not? It was easy to apply. No weird self tanner scent. So that's the only reason for the 2 stars. I used this product Every. Single. Day. for a whole week, 7 days. Nothing. No hint of any color. Nada. It was returned. Maybe it didn't work as I got the light-to-medium shade and not the medium-to-dark. That aside, I still should have noticed a difference by a week. Not worth the price. Even the Jergens lotion works better than this.
Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.
I bought the newer "Medium" version from Sephora, and I really like it! I'm always super pale, but when I do happen to get a few shades darker on my arms & legs from the sun, I like to add color to the rest of my body that doesn't se sunshine. I will say that the "Medium" version doesn't add a whopping amount of color, so I think the original version would me too underwhelming for most people.

Recommend: only very pale people
Cons: It's easy to use a lot of product, so you go through a bottle fairly quickly. I also think for what it is, it should be a few dollars cheaper.
Devan T.
I really did not prefer this product, especially over other St. Tropez products I use. I would rather see immediate changes, and this product definitely isn't immediate at all. It takes a very very long time to see any results at all. I used the product for a week straight and even left it on longer as suggested by other influensters, but no luck. I would go with the gradual tan lotion or the mousse if you are looking for a quick streak free tan.
Amber V.
Amber V.
I enjoy the convenience of being able to use this is in the shower, meanwhile have the ability to tan without having to use a sunbed. One has to be patient when using this product, as it two weeks for me to develop a tan. The aftermath is a streak-free tan that lasts for a long period of time (at least, for me). One thing I will say is to exfoliate like you normally would prior to using this product and make sure that you moisturize your skin.
Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.
This is by far the most convenient self tanner! I have no patience from when I come out of the shower to wait to dry off and put my clothes on and I hate the smells of a lot of self tanners. this you put on while your in the shower and still wet. and when your done you wash it off - so no smell or feeling sticky! it extremely moisturizing too. the color is gives it so natural as well after 2 days you see a difference
Lauren T.
Lauren T.
Pawleys Isl, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love the buildable color this self-tanner provides. First use and I could see a difference - and it continues to build natural color with each use!

I love the in-shower aspect because there is no staining my sheets or clothes. That bieng said, I took away 1 star because you have to let the tanner sit on your skin in the shower for 3 minutes - that's 3 minutes with the water off so it can be really cold in there.
Devan T.
I'm so disappointed that this didn't work. I really love their mousse product so I figured I would give this a try too. But after three days of use their is still not color. From the other reviews I'm reading it looks like my mistake was purchasing the no color product and that the medium tone is the only one that works. The product smells great and leaves my skin soft. Just no color :/
kylie t.
kylie t.
I am a very fair skin tone and i love trying out new tanning or bronzing products that can give a nice glow to my skin. I bought this and used the whole bottle, the color it gave was very little for a $25 or so bottle which was annoying and it had a SUPER strong smell too. Overall i did end up with a nice ish glow but there are way better products that you could spend your money on.
Sam B.
Sam B.
Does this really work or does it leave you orange? I've used St. Tropez products before and really loved them. I'm thinking about buying this product
Tori R.
Tori R.
Harriman, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where can I find this product? I have looked locally but can't seem to find it and am dying to try it.
Mariah H.
Mariah H.
Westland, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this come out streaky?? It's just quite crazy to me to have a rinse off self tanner. I've used a bunch of different brands of self tanners and I'm really tempted to give this a try
Maddie H.
Maddie H.
Dallas, TX
Does this actually work? Or does it fade/come off?
Theresa P.
Theresa P.
Wetaskiwin, Alberta
Is this a good tanner for newbies like me?