St. Tropez Self Tan Classic Bronzing MousseInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY ST. TROPEZ #2 in Self-Tanner

For our most iconic, natural and healthy looking tan, the lightweight, classic mousse tailors to your individual skin tone, for our longest-lasting tan in one application.

How To Apply:

Step 1: Exfoliate 24 hours prior to use. Immediately prior to application, moisturize any dry areas including elbows, knees, ankles and feet.
Step 2: For best results, apply using our Tan Applicator Mitt in long sweeping motions, starting at the ankles and working your way up. Then for your back, turn the mitt back to front and start applying in the same way. Ensure all areas are covered before lightly gliding any excess tan from the Mitt over your hands and feet.
Step 3: Wait until touch dry before getting dressed.
Step 4: Allow 4-8 hours before showering to reveal your developed tan.
Step 5: To prolong and maintain your tan, moisturize daily, exfoliate regularly and reapply as desired.

• Does this product actually work and not make you orange?35 Answers
  • I’m pale (almost always the palest foundation option) and...2 Answers
  • I am very pale... especially in my face. Does anyone have...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Jade B.
Durham
St. Tropez Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse This is the first time that I'd ever tried self tanning at home, and I tried this because I had previously seen my sister use the  St. Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse and she loved it (which means a lot because she's very into self tanning). I received a deluxe sample from Sephora along with the  St. Tropez Applicator Mitt , the  St. Tropez Tanning Essentials One Night Only Finishing Body Gloss 3.38 oz/ 100 mL , and  St.Tropez Tinted Gradual Tan Lotion . A super great kit, overall! I found application very easy, the color was very subtle and natural which was important to me (I specifically didn't want the dark one that my sister uses), and it felt hydrating and left my skin very smooth and soft. I took great care to not leave spots or streaks which had been my biggest concern since this was my first time self tanning, but it wasn't as difficult as I anticipated and the results were great. There was one overlooked spot where my arm meets my chest that was a touch darker than elsewhere, but not very noticeable considering the location. While self tanning is not something that is essential to my beauty routine, when I am looking for a quick, affordable glow I will absolutely be using this product again!
Elora M.
Grand Forks, ND
This is one of two tanning products I enjoy using: the other is the Jergen's gradual glow self-tanner lotion. I gave this product 4 stars instead of 5 because it is a tad bit orange, in my opinion. To combat this issue, I apply lotion EVERYWHERE on my body, before applying the foam with the glove. I know it says only moisturize areas like elbows, ankles and knees, but I find without applying lotion all over myself, I get much more orange and patchy than with lotion. I use a sort of thick/creamy lotion (Palmer's coconut oil & shea butter lotion) as opposed to a watery one, that way the tanning mousse can mix into the lotion and stay in place. I do exfoliate my legs and arms, as well as shave, before drying off and going through the whole process haha. It definitely does have a self-tanner smell, you know what I mean, but it's not as overwhelming as others I've tried. I like the scent of this better than the Jergen's, which I feel like gives me B.O. This product will last me like a solid week, if I'm not scrubbing in the shower and if I apply lotion every day. Otherwise, it might last like...3 days? Idk. I never feel like self-tanners last for as long as they advertise. I would be willing to repurchase this though, ultimately. I do want to try the Loving Tan brand though, since it's such an Instagram sensation.
Elena P.
irvington
I am a total junkie for St. Tropez. I'm a fairly pale person so this is a life saver for any event that I want an extra glow for. It looks so natural even for a pasty ghost like myself. Application is easy. I use a mitt I got off amazon (Le Tan brand) and just use that to buff the product into my skin. I've seen people try and apply this without a mitt and the results can be streaky so definitely invest in a mitt. I always exfoliate with a scrub the day before applying it. After I apply the product I always leave it on for at least 6 hours. They say that after 8 hours it stops developing so don't sit around thinking if you hit 12 hours you'll be a bronze goddess. Best to be patient and apply a second coat the day after, or even a second coat like 15 minutes after the first. It will feel sticky for the first 30 mins or so but after that I put on some loose dark clothes and it doesn't bother me for the whole day. Sometimes I'll let it develop overnight and thats also not a bad option as long at you're not a sweaty sleeper. I will continue to buy this product for the REST of the LIFE.
Morgan T.
Seaford, DE
I absolutely love this tanning mousse. Let me start off by saying, I gave this product 4 stars because of the price. I don’t have ONE single con about this product, just the price. Anyways, I am VERY fair skinned. I have freckles on my face, and lots all over my body. I actually received this tanning mousse from a good friend of mine last year, but because of the price I haven’t been able to purchase a second bottle yet. I used this product in the winter, when I’m the palest I ever am, and it gave me amazing results. I’ve used a many of tanning products, and every single one turned me orange, and was very patchy. So I didn’t have high hopes for this one. But I was so wrong. It didn’t apply patchy AT ALL! It looked so beautiful on my body, it gave a very light sun kissed glow but without looking fake. You won’t get very dark from this (if you want a more extreme tan I’d suggest St. Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse ) But if a natural glow is what you want, the original mousse is the one for you. I’d also suggest if it’s your first time using a tanning product, you should get the mousse and make sure you get the mitt to apply it with! I feel as though the mousse is a lot easier to apply evenly! BUT the MOST IMPORTANT PART of self tanning with any product is EXFOLIATING AND MOISTURIZING!!! No matter how high quality your tanning product is, if you don’t exfoliate or moisturize your skin, you WILL NOT get a good result!!!!! I would suggest shaving and/or exfoliating, and then adding your moisturizer head to toe (or wherever you’re applying) about 12-24 hours before applying the tanning mousse. This will make sure that the moisturizer is completely soaked in so it doesn’t cause patches. What I do with the St. Tropez Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse is apply it all over my body, and then I put a dark sheet on my bed, and just relax naked for about 30 minutes. You don’t have to wait that long before getting dressed, but that’s what I like to do to make sure I don’t get sweaty before it can start to set in. And then I will wear very light and soft clothing for the next 12-24 hours. I like to leave my tan on for a long time, and then I will shower it off! But when I wash it off in the shower, I don’t use any exfoliants, just a very light soap. And then that’s it! After you wash it out in the shower, you should have a beautiful, even, natural, sun kissed glow!!! (As long as you follow the instructions correctly!)
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
I love this self tanner! I have this one, the one hours St tropaz, the smaller tube that is a lotion for your face, and the spray. I've tried every self tanner out there from drugstore to high-end and this one is my favorite . This one doesn't have a nasty smell to it and it doesn't look fake once it's had time to set and shower it looks very natural. It does have a tint to it so when you're applying it you don't miss any spots. I like to use the glove so it applies evenly. After a couple hours you have to take a shower otherwise you will end up very very dark! If you don't shower it off it just continues to develop and oxidize on the skin. Just follow the directions and you should have a natural beautiful looking tan. And for the best most natural-looking fake tan I would definitely recommend exfoliating first! I use soap and glories all you need is scrub to exfoliate my skin before I use it, I also put lotion on the palms of my hands, my knees, my elbows my ankles and my feet. That will keep those areas from allowing self tanner to get onto the skin. The last thing you want is self tanner all over your ankles and elbows that's a dead giveaway that it's fake! When you use this right it looks very very natural and just beautiful like you came home from vacation! But the lotion and the exfoliating and the mitt make all the difference in the world!
Addi T.
I love this product, I bought it after reading positive reviews over and over of this product, and it did not disappoint. I started by exfoliating, shaving, and moisturizing during my morning shower. Right before bed, I rinsed my body and used a light moisturizer. I then used the St. Tropez Applicator Mitt to buff the product into my skin, using upward circling motions. I waited for the product to dry completely and wore loose clothing overnight. In the morning, I took a lukewarm shower and lightly rinsed the remaining product off of my skin. The results were amazing, and I had absolutely zero blotches or discolorations on my skin. This product lasted about 4 days before it started to wear off. I recommend not using hot water or exfoliating after product application for the best results!
Emily T.
Milwaukee, WI
I have been using self-tanners for years, and have literally tried everything out there. The mousse from st. tropez is my favorite at home product by far. It is a little pricey, but definitely good quality. I do think it is better quality than the st. moriz brand, which is a little cheaper. I can usually get 5 or so full body uses out of the 240ml bottle, which makes it worth the price. I use the st. tropez mitt and it helps me to use less product (and preserve my hands). I definitely recommend waiting 9-12 hours before sweating or showering to allow it soak in and prevent it from getting on clothes/streaking. Another pro is the mousse doesn't "patch" away like other products do after a couple days, and lasts longer than a salon spray tan (usually about 5 days).
Angeline L.
I first purchased this in a small gift set to try it out as it is very costly and I was a bit hesitant but...I love this. It doesn't smell awful, goes on dark enough to see application area, and gives a beautiful glow with no heavy orange base. It is a bit difficult to get all areas of your body yourself so I try to have someone always do my back. Buy the not with it as it prevents a streaky application. I repurchased the full size to use in the winter and fall and a full size of the  St.Tropez Dark Bronzing Mousse to use in the summer. Highly recommend.
KayLeigh L.
Winston Salem, NC
St. Tropez Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse I tried this product with the St. Tropez tanning mitt and it provided surprising results. The color looked very natural and one “coat” lasted a couple of showers. I was concerned about streaks but the color turned out beautifully and nobody asked “what tanner I used” when I met up with my friends the day after. (Something I never want to hear.. means the product looks cheap!) I only had a trial size from a friend but I would LOVE to try a full size for a long period of time. I look forward to trying the clear, dry-oil formula eventually!
Karen B.
Falls City
This is one of my favorite self tanners! I got mine at Sephora after a sales gal recommended it and have been buying it since.
It's practically fool proof. No streaks, glides on smooth, and leaves you with a natural like golden tan color.
Naturally I exfoliate and moisturize knees, feet, ankles, hands wrists and elbows first, and then I smooth it on with a tanning mitt. Once I I have my body all done then I'll do the back of my hands. Once or twice I couldn't find my mitt and it didn't even leave my hands horribly stained! Very natural looking! It dries down quickly as well!
Malak H.
Murfreesboro, TN
Does this product actually work and not make you orange?
christine b.
Elizabethton TN
where can I buy this.
kendra m.
Kenockee, MI
Does it make you look orange?
Kristin C.
Beverly, MA
Great Outdoors Expert Level 3
Where can you find this?
Madisen B.
Where do you buy this product? Compared to the typical self tanner lotion how does the mousse compare? Does this streak easily?