BY ST. TROPEZ #1 in Self-Tanner

This super-lightweight, easy-to-apply, velvety mousse delivers the ultra-even, ultra-smooth all-over tan you ve always wanted.   Infused with conditioning aloe vera and long-lasting color, you ll have a perfectly natural streak-free tan that dries in an instant.  Our innovative fragrance technology helps to take away the tell-tale tanning aroma to make way for a beautiful subtle, yet refreshing fragrance.  Created by St. Tropez the tanning experts you trust to get it right.  So whatever your skin type it s easy to use the most natural looking, ultimate tan.

• Does this product actually work and not make you orange?35 Answers
  • I am very pale... especially in my face. Does anyone have this pr...3 Answers
  • Does this come off on clothes? Specifically white clothing/ bras?1 Answers
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
I love this self tanner! I have this one, the one hours St tropaz, the smaller tube that is a lotion for your face, and the spray. I've tried every self tanner out there from drugstore to high-end and this one is my favorite . This one doesn't have a nasty smell to it and it doesn't look fake once it's had time to set and shower it looks very natural. It does have a tint to it so when you're applying it you don't miss any spots. I like to use the glove so it applies evenly. After a couple hours you have to take a shower otherwise you will end up very very dark! If you don't shower it off it just continues to develop and oxidize on the skin. Just follow the directions and you should have a natural beautiful looking tan. And for the best most natural-looking fake tan I would definitely recommend exfoliating first! I use soap and glories all you need is scrub to exfoliate my skin before I use it, I also put lotion on the palms of my hands, my knees, my elbows my ankles and my feet. That will keep those areas from allowing self tanner to get onto the skin. The last thing you want is self tanner all over your ankles and elbows that's a dead giveaway that it's fake! When you use this right it looks very very natural and just beautiful like you came home from vacation! But the lotion and the exfoliating and the mitt make all the difference in the world!
Morgan T.
Seaford, DE
I absolutely love this tanning mousse. Let me start off by saying, I gave this product 4 stars because of the price. I don’t have ONE single con about this product, just the price. Anyways, I am VERY fair skinned. I have freckles on my face, and lots all over my body. I actually received this tanning mousse from a good friend of mine last year, but because of the price I haven’t been able to purchase a second bottle yet. I used this product in the winter, when I’m the palest I ever am, and it gave me amazing results. I’ve used a many of tanning products, and every single one turned me orange, and was very patchy. So I didn’t have high hopes for this one. But I was so wrong. It didn’t apply patchy AT ALL! It looked so beautiful on my body, it gave a very light sun kissed glow but without looking fake. You won’t get very dark from this (if you want a more extreme tan I’d suggest St. Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse ) But if a natural glow is what you want, the original mousse is the one for you. I’d also suggest if it’s your first time using a tanning product, you should get the mousse and make sure you get the mitt to apply it with! I feel as though the mousse is a lot easier to apply evenly! BUT the MOST IMPORTANT PART of self tanning with any product is EXFOLIATING AND MOISTURIZING!!! No matter how high quality your tanning product is, if you don’t exfoliate or moisturize your skin, you WILL NOT get a good result!!!!! I would suggest shaving and/or exfoliating, and then adding your moisturizer head to toe (or wherever you’re applying) about 12-24 hours before applying the tanning mousse. This will make sure that the moisturizer is completely soaked in so it doesn’t cause patches. What I do with the St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse is apply it all over my body, and then I put a dark sheet on my bed, and just relax naked for about 30 minutes. You don’t have to wait that long before getting dressed, but that’s what I like to do to make sure I don’t get sweaty before it can start to set in. And then I will wear very light and soft clothing for the next 12-24 hours. I like to leave my tan on for a long time, and then I will shower it off! But when I wash it off in the shower, I don’t use any exfoliants, just a very light soap. And then that’s it! After you wash it out in the shower, you should have a beautiful, even, natural, sun kissed glow!!! (As long as you follow the instructions correctly!)
Addi T.
I love this product, I bought it after reading positive reviews over and over of this product, and it did not disappoint. I started by exfoliating, shaving, and moisturizing during my morning shower. Right before bed, I rinsed my body and used a light moisturizer. I then used the St. Tropez Applicator Mitt to buff the product into my skin, using upward circling motions. I waited for the product to dry completely and wore loose clothing overnight. In the morning, I took a lukewarm shower and lightly rinsed the remaining product off of my skin. The results were amazing, and I had absolutely zero blotches or discolorations on my skin. This product lasted about 4 days before it started to wear off. I recommend not using hot water or exfoliating after product application for the best results!
Emily T.
Milwaukee, WI
I have been using self-tanners for years, and have literally tried everything out there. The mousse from st. tropez is my favorite at home product by far. It is a little pricey, but definitely good quality. I do think it is better quality than the st. moriz brand, which is a little cheaper. I can usually get 5 or so full body uses out of the 240ml bottle, which makes it worth the price. I use the st. tropez mitt and it helps me to use less product (and preserve my hands). I definitely recommend waiting 9-12 hours before sweating or showering to allow it soak in and prevent it from getting on clothes/streaking. Another pro is the mousse doesn't "patch" away like other products do after a couple days, and lasts longer than a salon spray tan (usually about 5 days).
Amanda C.
Trabuco Canyon , CA
This has been my favorite self tanning product so far. A friend of mine gave me it as a gift and oh my gosh! Love it! It is more expensive, but it is totally worth it. The color it leaves is very natural looking and the application is very easy since it is a mousse. Compared  to other products, I have very minimal streaking when I use St. Tropez Mousse! I would recommend this product if you're trying to keep a spray tan looking fresh or using this as your main source of tanning.
Corina A.
Super Easy to apply! I bought a mitt seperately to apply. There’s a little bit of a smell but not harsh at all! I go to sleep with it on...I wear a white robe and have white sheets...I just throw it all in the washer the next day with bleach and the little bit that does rub off comes right out. Takes about 20 mins to dry completely. I noticed like 2 days later my skin is kinda dry and I get a tad itchy but aveeno lotion seems to help so maybe the next day try to use a non fragrance lotion.
Chelsea T.
New Brunswick, NJ
I like this product, but if you are looking for a deep tan than this product is not for you. It gives a very natural tan, and that’s why I like it because I don’t like to look too fake especially in the winter. It’s super easy to apply because it has the color guard in it, and it has never transferred to my clothes or sheets. It lasts a while on the skin too as long as you keep moisturizer. I highly recommend exfoliating your whole body before using this, or any tanning product in general. If you want a deeper tan, I suggest the darker tanning mousses from st tropez.
Sarah H.
Yorktown
I use them on my incredibly fair skin, sunburn prone skin during the summer. It gives me a beautiful and natural tan looking tan immediately upon application. I put it on shortly before bed and take a shower the next morning because it has the typical self tanner smell (ugh.) I do suggest using a tanning mitt so you don’t stain your hands & for an even, streak free application.
Crystal G.
Great Outdoors Expert Level 2
I am a big fan of st tropez products, and this is my favorite. because of the bronzer in the foam, it's easy to see where you have applied it and avoid streaking. It looks natural and even when dried. You do still have to go very light around the ankles and knees as it continues to get darker throughout the day and those are the areas it'll show, but that's the same with any self tanner. There is a scent to it, but it's not overly powerful and fades after the first shower. It dries quickly and I haven't noticed it run off on clothes or sheets.
Stephanie N.
Lancaster
As an avid self tanner I can say this is a great one. not only because it is easily accessible and found in most stores but i always found the color was great and wore off evenly. it does have a smell but that is the nature of a self tanner. i give it 4/5 stars only because i have found other self tanners that i like better but this is a great one.
Malak H.
Murfreesboro, TN
Does this product actually work and not make you orange?
christine b.
Wolf Lake, IL
where can I buy this.
kendra m.
Kenockee, MI
Does it make you look orange?
Kristin C.
Beverly, MA
Great Outdoors Expert Level 3
Where can you find this?
Madisen B.
Where do you buy this product? Compared to the typical self tanner lotion how does the mousse compare? Does this streak easily?