BY ST. IVES #88 in Makeup Remover

• Where can I buy this product?1 Answers
  • Will this clog my pores? I've heard mixed reviews.. 1 Answers
  • Does this product leave your face oily?1 Answers
Nicole R.

I have bought this face scrub time and time again and will probably continue to repurchase. This product has a light citrusy scent which is really pleasing in the morning (when I usually use this product). It provides light exfoliation, leaving your face feeling smooth and not raw or sensitive. The exfoliation particles are extremely small and the texture feels similar to a sugar scrub, if not a bit more gentle. I've tried the St. Ives Apricot scrub and the Green Tea scrub, but I think this one is my favorite closely followed by the green tea. This one and the green tea scrub have similar textures but if I remember correctly, this might just be a teeny bit more exfoliating. The apricot scrub is too rough for my liking.

If you wear contacts or have sensitive eyes...BEWARE. The micro particles in this scrub can sneak their way into your eyes, so ensure that you rinse your face incredibly well before you leave the sink or else you will be suffering with irritated eyes all day. If you are looking for a gentle scrub at a very affordable price, I would highly recommend this St. Ives one - just rinse it off very well!
Yasmin A.
Yasmin A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Seeing this had gotten me excited, because it's a two in one product. Let alone, a makeup removing and skin cleansing product! I wear makeup everyday and by the time night hits, I'm too lazy and exhausted to remove it, but you gotta do what you've gotta do. With this facial wash/makeup remover, I find it gets a majority of the makeup on and in my skin out. But, just like most products, is not all, claiming to do the same, it does not succeed on its own. Using a facial toner, or perhaps using a little more and going in for a second wash round, is necessary to ensure all makeup has been removed from your skin.
Shavon G.
Shavon G.
Pompano Beach, FL
I've loved st Ives since I was a very small child. My first memory was around 5 or 6 using the facial scrub because I wanted to be like my mother lol. I remember how amazing the smell was. To this day I love using their products and more recently came across their make up remover. Like all their products, they did not fail me. The smell is wonderful as always and it does the job and a great price. I thought it was awesome they don't test on animals when I was a kid and it's still important to me now. Great products and company all around! I'll always recommend them :)
Jez P.
Jez P.
New Lenox, IL
This stuff is good OCCASIONALLY. I used to think this was a great exfoliator because it had a lot of exfoliates and they were not the plastic bead kind that have negative environmental impacts. It also smelled great and was extremely inexpensive! Upon reading more reviews though I learned that upon using it every day, you can hurt your skin because the exfoliates were too rough. Sure enough, next time I used it I got a scratch on my face. So I still recommend using this product maybe once or twice a week, but not every time you wash your face.
Brigitte M.
Brigitte M.
miami, Hialeah florida
I've used this product for years, and now can not find it in stores. Has St. Ives stopped making it
It's great because one can massage it into dry face, clean off with wet wash cloth, and not have to splash water all over the place. I hate those cleansers which require wetting face first, lathering, rubbing, then rinsing and most of the make up comes off on the towel instead of on the wash cloth/rinse water.
It is gentle on my skin and does not require rubbing which is irritating.
Jackie H.
Jackie H.
Hampstead, MD
I am in love with St. Ives for so many reasons. Number one is the products itself. It does a wonderful job. No matter which product of theirs you buy, you are never let down. From the make up remover to the cleanser to the the scrubs. Hands down St. Ives has one of the best. I also appreciate the fact they do not test on animals. This is a big subject for me. St. Ives has had me as a consumer as far back as I can remember and will continue too as far into the future as well.
Philadelphia, PA
St. Ives apricot scrub is my favorite facial cleanser. It's microbeads leaves my face feeling free and clear of dirt and dead skin cells. It always feels cool and refreshed, along with a shade, or skin tone lighter, because it removes all of the dirt which was making it darker. It also clears up the acne on my teenage son's forehead and skin in general. I would recommend St. Ives's to anyone that wants free and clear skin along with assisting with riding it of acne.
Candace K.
Candace K.
I've been using this product to remove makeup for a good while now and I don't wear makeup that often, mainly for special occasions. I did not realize you most definitely should NOT use this around your eye area, where the most of my makeup is since I don't use foundation or other face makeup. Otherwise, it's gentle on the skin and has a pleasant scent and is very soothing. Very good at removal using only a little bit of product. Just don't get it in your eyes.
Stacey T.
Stacey T.
Piedmont, OK
I used this product until I received my normal cleanser in the mail. The packaging was clean and crisp looking. This was my first time to use St.Ives. It was gentle on my face although I broke out with a couple of pimples. I think it was just because I started a new product and my skin needed to get used to it. I would recommend it to others that don't want to spend a ton of money on their cleanser, but still have a good product.
Tara D.
Tara D.
This is one of my all time FAVORITE product's!
I personally like to use this every night before bed as it works miracles to soften my face and heal the scars from my acne all while helping the texture and color flow together. Not to mention this product smells GREAT and the beads in it aren't as harsh as the other's I've used. This is definitely my go to for bed time face washing. My number 2 recommended cleaning product.
Sasha P.
Sasha P.
Is this drying at all?
Taylor H.
Taylor H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this help with acne? Does it smell nice?
Charmaine W.
Charmaine W.
United Kingdom
Is this suitable for dry skin?
Destiny S.
Destiny S.
Bonney Lake, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
How well does this work? Does it leave your face red after? Has anyone had any break outs?
Monika S.
Monika S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Will this irritate sensitive skin?