St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub

St. Ives Naturally Clear Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub cleans pores to prevent breakouts and gently exfoliates skin to prevent blemishes. This dermatologist tested product is oil-free and uses 100 natural extracts and exfoliants.

How well does this work for combination skin?
I Heard this product is very harsh for your skin?
Do you recommend this for sensitive skin ?
Start your review of St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub!
Product Highlights
“...and soft. It's gentle on my skin and I would strongly recommend it to sensitive and non-sensitive skin types. I use this every single day. Definitely has helped reduce my breakouts. ” in reviews
St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub uploaded by raquel L.
Have they reformulated this? Or better put when will they?! This stuff is AWFUUUL. If you love your skin please for the love of god do not run this abrasive mess all over you, you are doing your skin a disservice. I get that it is inexpensive and easy to access but not only is it terrible for your skin, it’s a menace to eyes! Also, shame on me lol. I forgot my skin care bag and used this because it was just there and I didn’t even have lotion with me to wipe my makeup off or anything. Well I made the dumb decision to use this lol, cause I’m dumb. I rinsed it off and I freaking got an apricot shaving in my EYE and reallllly thought I would have to go to the hospital, it swelled up and burned and I could feel it lodged under my eye lid when I would look around. Well after tons of Michael Scott screaming and rinsing my eye out with the detachable shower head, I’m pretty sure I was left with a scratched cornea. I was messed up for about three days. I slathered it in eurythmycin to prevent an infection and hoped for the best. And eventually the scratchy feeling went away. Please don’t make the mistake I made.
Junction City, OR
I have struggled with acne-prone, dull, oily skin for almost my entire life. I have tried numerous products over the years, but have found nothing which I felt was truly living up to their promises. I recently purchased St. Ives and thought I had nothing to lose. I was hesitant as the price was relatively inexpensive (why do we always think the more expensive, the better?). Let me just say only now do I understand why this product has been a cult classic/favorite and why it's been highlighted so many times by my dermatologist and some magazines I've read. I can honestly say after the first use, I noticed a difference in my skin. After the past two + weeks, my skin is dramatically more clear, it is smooth and it has seriously helped my oily complexion. Family, friends and coworkers have all noticed the positive changes. I don't know why it took me until age 39 to try this product. I seldom take the time to write reviews - maybe 3 throughout my life - but I feel I should say thank you for making such a great product which truly works wonders. I really thought all hope was lost and that I would just have horrible skin forever, no matter what I tried. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Los Angeles
St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub uploaded by Jonay X.
Y’all about ABRASIVE! Physical exfoliants generally are more harsh to your skin than a chemical exfoliate which does sound funny but it’s true! Especially when in regards to the St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub . Did you know there are large shards (yes as in can cut your skin like a knife “shards”) of walnut in the scrub to give you the exfoliating sensation? It causes microtearing in the skin which not only provides an easy access point for bacteria to come in and make your acne flat up worse but speeds up your aging process producing number ohs fine lines which accumulate over time and show up as damaged skin. I would never recommend this to anyone so please do not waste your money. St.Ives I’m sure has other products that may work better if you are set on this brand but stay away from the scrubs. You might as well take a sheet of sandpaper to your skin and call it a day.
Purchased at: Walgreens
I can only speak from my experience. I’ve used this product for many years. Years ago when I had acne prone skin I used this every day with no issues. No redness or irritation. It did seem to lessen the acne breakouts. I don’t have acne as I have gotten older so, I use this maybe once or twice a week. If you google this you will see that there is a lawsuit claiming this tears your skin due to the crushed walnuts. Ive noticed many of the reviews are repeating word for word what’s in the lawsuit. My dermatologist didn’t see any issues with any damage this product could have caused my skin in the past. Nor did he recommend that I stop using this. I have stopped using this as frequently because I haven’t needed to. I have not felt the need to stop using it all together. It cleans better than soap and it gently exfoliates my skin and leaves it soft.
Evanston, WY
The St Ives Apricot Scrub has been around a very long time and as far back as I remember I have used this amazing scrub to exfoliate my face. For less than $4 you slough off dead skin cells and allow yourself a fresher, more radiant look to your skin. While I cant speak on whether or not the apricot scrub can help control acne, I can say from a dry skin, overly sensitive skin point of view that it works for our skin as well. My skin doesn’t feel stripped after using the scrub. I use it three times a week while taking my shower because I don’t like the grit that can get left behind if I just rinse off in the sink. My face is baby soft and looks as radiant and youthful as it does when I use a $40 exfoliant. As long as I can buy the St Ives Clear Apricot Scrub, I will continue to use it in my skincare routine. [product:st.-ives-naturally-clear-apricot-scrub]
Guadalupe, CA
I use St Ives Apricot Scrub to scrub my whole body. I got the regimen from a serial tanner friend. Every time she tanned, she would scrub herself with the stuff before to make sure her tan was even. I do it to make sure my dead skin is not impeding the new skin. Smells fresh and makes your skin feel ready to soak up whatever you put on it. Lotions are more nutritive and oils are just sucked up into skin making it look glowing and lovely. Cautions: dont scrub too hard, you can hurt your skin. Dont thin out or thick up too much. Too thin, not enough cream to abrasive ratio, too thick not enough abrasive to lotion ratio. If used on face dont rub in excessively. Facial skin is delicate and ripping it can cause excessive damage and depending on vigor of rubbing, scars. Moderation my pets.
East Hartford, CT
My mom and I have been using this for a long time and we love it . We buy it at Walmart ( don’t remember the price sorry. I love how it has the lik beads or what ever they are ( I’m not sure if they are beads🤔 ...I know I know they say they are bad for the environment 😭) . One thing I will say iis whole it does leave you skine smooth you will need to use a moisturizer afterward because it has a drying effect after ward . It can be pretty harsh so I would not recommend this for sensative skins. I normally moisturize my face after after exfoliating so It didn’t bother me .  I have breakouts along My nose and on my cheekbones and I noticed this worked well for helping get rid of dirt/ built up oils After the first week .
Rockaway Park, NY
1,064 reviews
Purchased at: CVS
I have very fair sensitive skin that’s prone to rosacea, so my skin can get irritated easily. However even though I have sensitive skin if I had normal skin this scrub would still be extremely irritating and harsh. The fact that the exfoliating “beads” are made of walnut shells is a major put off. When I think of walnut shells I think of hard, sharp and abrasive on the skin, which is exactly what I felt when using this. A lot of ppl like this scrub, and it works for them. Me on the other hand are not one of those people. Also after doing some research I found that their was a lawsuit against the company for this specific scrub. People claimed that it was so harsh that they experienced micro tears in there skin because of it. I would not recommend this scrub, ever.
Harvey, LA
I have used this for years. But recently noticed that St. Ives is now part of Unilever. The package no longer says "no animal testing". Where it used to say that now just says Unilever. And I think Unilever does do animal testing :( There may be some ingredient differences, too. I compared it to a old tube I found laying around and noticed that there used to be more flower extracts and botanicals. Now the only natural extract is apricot. This use to be 5-star product for me but with the changes, I'm dropping it to 3. Hopefully Unilever will bring back the natural ingredients that made St. Ives special. And maybe they'll stop animal testing, too. The scrub does still work though.
Stonington, CT
Nooooo. I loved the way this product felt while using it a few years ago but when I heard about how harsh it truly is on facial skin I realized it was probably the cause of a lot of my damage and sensitivity. There are so many amazing chemical exfoliants that make you just as smooth without the damage (The Ordinary lactic acid 10% nightly + aha/bha mask biweekly make me SO smooth and have eradicated so many of my acne scars), and even other higher-end physical exfoliants if you don’t want to give them up. I know that this product can be used in a non-harmful way but it is pretty difficult, especially when doing it in a harmful way feels so great in the moment.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Norristown , PA
il y a 10 mois
St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub ?Does this help with blackheads?
Liz • il y a 8 mois
Only because of the physical exfoliating aspect. A chemical exfoliant would do it better without microtearing the skin.