BY ST. IVES #1 in Face Scrubs

St. Ives Naturally Clear Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub cleans pores to prevent breakouts and gently exfoliates skin to prevent blemishes. This dermatologist tested product is oil-free and uses 100 natural extracts and exfoliants.

• How many times a week would you recommend exfoliating wit...18 Answers
  • How is this scrub different from the normal apricot scrub?2 Answers
  • Is it normal for this scrub to cause breakouts after cont...3 Answers
St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub
  • "Love love love this scrub! Makes my skin super smooth and soft. It's gentle on my skin and I would strongly recommend it to sensitive and non-sensitive skin types. I use this every single day. Definitely has helped reduce my breakouts. " in 12 reviews
Brittni N.
Kane
This is my go to skin care product and has been since early adolescents! (I turn 30 this month!) I use it almost every day. I first tried it because i get dry skin, im always using tissues so around my nose is a problem area. The rough exfoliants help take all thar dead skin away. I use the origional kind i believe it used to be blemish and blackhead control, now it only says blemish control. I never had skin issues prior to this product, however ive been using it for at least half of my life now ans have continued to have a clear complexion. Im so pleased to have found this product and have avoided using complex masks and chemicals on my skin. I believe keeping it simple has kept my skin clear! I recommend this stuff to everyone!! St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub
Brettina D.
Saint Paul, MN
I would like to know who is on here giving apricot scrub high ratings? Asking for several friends. This product is AWFUL, or maybe it is just horrible for combination skin, dry skin, and/or African American skin. I remember when my mom and I tried this scrub. This is one of the only times in my life I have ever broken out. I would not recommend this product to anyone. Some of the chemicals listed are also the worst for sensitive skin.
Camelle S.
Escondido, CA
I really love this! It’s a great facial exfoliate. Extremely affordable, too. Definitely don’t use this every day since you do not need to be exfoliating your face every single day as it will make it extremely dry. Use it right and you will see results! I definitely see the difference in how much more my skin glows after using these once a week! Finish off with a great toner and moisturizer, and you’re good to go!
Anh P.
If you like your exfoliator on the more grainy and scrubby side, this is a good drugstore cleanser to start with. I used to use this product religiously when I was in middle school, high school and was going through my hormonal acne phase. My skin was super oily and clogged up so I found that this product helped out with cleaning my face.

As I’m getting older and my skin is changing and getting less oily, I find that this cleanser is a bit too harsh. I have combination skin and get the occasional period breakouts so I only use this scrub if I feel like my skin is too congested, otherwise, this isn’t a daily cleanser for me.

I would not recommend it to anyone with thin and sensitive skin as the scrub uses walnut shell powder which can be really abrasive. If you do use it, I would recommend applying it to the most oily areas like your nose or forehead (stay away from the cheeks).
Mayra A.
Modesto
I literally use this apricot scrub day and night as a cleanser which I probably shouldn't use that often but it works really good no breakouts keeps my skin really clean and clear. Also feel smooth smells amazing really fresh and fruity. An expensive product really worth buying one of those must haves for me. I love to exfoliate skin with this product it just smells good and feels great
Anna M.
Long Beach, CA
This used to be my favorite scrub a few years ago. It is definitely affordable and I was attracted to it because it had natural ingredients. It works well but then I was told by beauty consultant to stop using it on my face though, since the natural exfoliants weren’t good on delicate skin like the face (so not sure if this is good for sensitive skin either). I ended up switching to Origins GinZing™ Refreshing Scrub Cleanser for my face and used this scrub for my back/body instead.
Jessica D.
Cheraw
I was scared this product wouldn't work as my experiences with proactive and exceama as a teen. But this product is amazing. After just 1 use 3 pimples we're gone the next morning, and my pores looked smaller. It's also packed with exfoliant in a very thick cream. You don't have to use much at all either. I would definitely recommend this product.
Kaitlain S.
Temple
This product helped through puberty and pregnancy acne, quickly clearing breakouts painlessly. I now use it every couple days to cleanse and soften my skin. This also helps with dry elbows, providing just exfoliation to make the skin smooth.  I've never had any issues with irritation in the 7+ years that i have used this product.
Macee K.
Minneola, KS
This stuff smells amazing! It’s not an overpowering scent, but a very gentle and soothing apricot smell. It is a great exfoliate with a good amount of grit to it. It’s also a great price for what you are getting. I loved using this on my face and body. It gets the fed skin off and leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft. I would definitely recommend this if you are in the market for an inexpensive scrub. Would definitely purchase again.
Ali B.
New Port Richey
This is my daily scrub that I use on my face and I absolutely love everything about it. It helps clear my pores of all dirt and makeup throughout the day and leaves my face feeling so smooth afterwards. I sometimes breakout with scuba or they irritate my face too much but not this guy. I have continued purchasing this exact wash ever time I need a new one and probably will continue doing that until either they stop making it or I get told to try something else that I love more then this one which I find hard to believe lolol
European F.
San Diego, CA
How many times a week would you recommend exfoliating with a stronger scrub if you wear makeup a lot, yet have sensitive skin and don't want to over dry it?
Kimberly T.
Delta
I used to use St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub on a bi-daily basis but there was that huge epidemic on it leaving micro-tears in skin.. I never heard of the products getting recalled but I never went back to buying them either, out of fear.. Anyone know if it’s 100% safe and gentle on skin?! Would love to include it back into my routine... but not at any expenses!
Hailey L.
Columbus, OH
So hey guys, i was just wondering of this would leave my skin red afrer use? Also, if i mix it with other things will the chemicals be ok?
Star J.
Is it normal for this scrub to cause breakouts after continuous use? I'm wondering if I'm focusing more on the negative reviews as opposed to the positive ones. I haven't actually tried it myself but I'm nervous that it's going to make my skin worse!
Emily R.
How is this scrub different from the normal apricot scrub?

Walgreens