Summer S.
Summer S.
Tacoma, WA

I have medium-heavy acne. My biggest problem is blackheads. I have tried so many treatments (ProActiv, Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, Clinique, etc) but NOTHING works. I read the reviews about this and bought it. I've used it every night for 2 weeks now, and see only a VERY slight difference. The first week my acne got worse, fast. I had 4 breakouts. but then they calmed down, and not my skin looks a little bit better, but not very noticeable. Is this my skin being resilient? Or is this a normal reaction?
Stephanie A.
Stephanie A.
Oct. 1, 2013, 2:20 p.m.
Normal reaction to product change. The professionals say you should give the product a good 30 days of consistent use before deciding they don't work.
Renee K.
Renee K.
Sept. 30, 2013, 1:45 p.m.
When your break out immediatley from any acne solution normally it indicates the product is working by removing the dirt and oil and bringing it all to the surface. I would keep up with it because this happened to me. Do not use it everynight supplement this with the St.Ives green tea cleanser it is amazing at clearing breakouts and calming redness. I have moderate acne prone skin. I am telling you within 2 weeks my skin was smooth and clear. Just stick with it sstores normally give a 30 day return policy so try it for 3 weeks see how u feel and return it if not! never know till u try !! :)
Lauren H.
Lauren H.
Sept. 27, 2013, 6:39 a.m.
I honestly don't recommend this scrub for people with moderate to severe acne. The reason is the walnut shells that are used for the exfoliant are too large for acne and have a tendency to pull and rip open acne. I recommend you use an exfoliator with smaller and softer exfoliants.
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.
Sept. 27, 2013, 6:26 a.m.
If your skin gets worse right after trying a new product that is usually an indication that the product is working. It is drawing the bad stuff out so it may take a few weeks to settle down. Try giving a product at least 4-6 weeks before moving on.
Amy D.
Amy D.
Sept. 26, 2013, 1:10 a.m.
If you feel that your skin is getting worse, I would stop using the product. It may be doing more harm then good. not every product works for everyone. good luck hun :)
dominica r.
dominica r.
Sept. 23, 2013, 6:48 p.m.
I keep trying a new product for at least 4 weeks. Sometimes it can take awhile and unfortunately some "breakouts" for your skin to get used to it and for the product to begin showing a difference. You sound like you have a similar problem with acne as I do. I'm surprised Clinique failed for you. It's about the only working for me right now but that took about 5 weeks before an improvement.
Kara F.
Kara F.
Sept. 21, 2013, 12:38 p.m.
I would not use this every night because it has such a strong exfoliant in it. I would think that your skin might become more sensitive because you wouldn't have time to recover. Every other night would be better probably.
Gretchen S.
Gretchen S.
Sept. 17, 2013, 7:24 p.m.
Sometimes when you start new skin care regiments there is a purging that happens to the skin. It is important to remember that acne is already underneath the surface of the skin and the product just helps heals it on the way up. But as with all skin conditions it is important to consult a esthetician or any skin specialist and also remember nutrition plays a great part of skin. Drink plenty of water, eat balanced, work out to detox the skin and body, and consult a specialist.
Ashlee G.
Sept. 17, 2013, 5:05 p.m.
If I go without using it for a while, I find that I break out a bit the first time I use it. I think it brings nasty stuff to the surface the first time. I could be wrong, but that's what makes sense to me. I wonder if using it every night is a bit too much? I would try using it 2-3 times a week, and use a regular but gentle cleanser on the other days. I've heard wonderful things about Cetaphil.
Ashlee G.
Sept. 17, 2013, 4:52 p.m.

Join Now