BY ST. IVES #24 in Facial Cleansers

St. Ives® Blemish Control Apricot Scrub contains 100% natural exfoliants to deeply clean pores and brighten dull skin. The scrub helps stop breakouts before they occur, containing salicylic acid, which is known to help prevent blemishes from forming.

Additional Features:

• Exfoliates to deeply clean pores
  • Provides exfoliation to brighten dull skin
  • Helps stop breakouts before they occur
  • Contains salicylic acid, which is known to help prevent blemishes from
  • Includes these key ingredients:
  1. 100% natural exfoliants:
  2. forming and minimize pores
  3. Corn kernel meal
  4. Walnut shell powder
  5. Apricot extract
  • Scrub Meter: Deep strength
  • Contains a high blend of exfoliants corn kernel and walnut shell powder
  • Ideal for women who prefer a strong strength scrub
  • Paraben-free formula
  • Sulfate-free formula

• Do people use this on areas other than their faces?156 Answers
  • Can it be used on sensitive skin? 108 Answers
St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub
  • "I would recommended this for anyone that is having minor problems with the acne and probably needs a scrub to get rid of dead skin and dirt." in 203 reviews
alyssa s.
I must say this is by far the best acne/pore minimizer I have used so far, for me being a 15 year old that constantly breaks out with acne, always has blackheads or whiteheads, and always has textured skin this stuff has done wonders and I've only used it for 5 days so far. I've tried so many drugstore products before some have given alright results some did worse things to my skin, but I have seen this at Walmart for under $5 so I was skeptical but I looked it up and it had good reviews, so I used it loved it the first day and got excited and it's now day 5, my checks which are full of deep blackheads and acne is shockingly getting better already! My skin feels less textured expecially my forhead and cheeks, my skin over all feels smoother, and my fave just looks brighter and much better, I did have two pimples coming out on day 2 of using this so I got worries it was causing me to break out but by day 4 they didn't even fully come out they were just gone! And I haven't really had a breakout yet which I'm not used to having an almost clear face so I'm very excited! I have oily, acne prone, blackhead filled skin and I'm loving what this product is doing for me. My skin has slightly dried out around my mouth area but nowhere else. I'm just glad to see my skin finally clearing up and feeling smooth!
Deirdre C.
I have been using this product for about a month now and it has become one of my very favorite exfoliating scrubs I have ever used. I have combination acne prone skin. My forehead, skin in my eyebrows, and around my nose usually gets very flaky, while my chin, jawline and t-zone gets oily. I get the most acne on my chin, jawline, and t-zone, but I get some minor blemishes along my forehead.

The scrub has decreased my acne, and acne spots quite a bit the last month, my skin feels very soft, and whenever I use it my acne that I have at the time of using it shrinks half its size automatically.

I use this scrub twice to three times a week at most because it is pretty aggressive. I use it in the evening before bed, follow up with  Dickinson’s Enhanced Witch Hazel Hydrating Toner which I let soak into my face for 10-20 minutes. Then I use  POND's Facial Moisturizers Crema S on my forehead, cheeks, and nose, and  Burt's Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream on my chin and jawline. I then cover my face in a thin layer of  Vaseline® Jelly Original to creative a barrier and hold the moisture in.

Maies A.
Little Rock
So I tried this product 3 years ago and I use it everyday with no other product( meaning face wash). I just started using Mariobadsec Rose Water(toner). I have acne sensitive skin,oily, dairy hating skin. I meaning I use to have breakouts, acne scars and if my face don't like a product it will tell me in an hr. This stuff is amazing, some people cant not use it because of the Saclicyic acid, but my skin loves it. I can't use proactive, because of the different acid called Glyolic acid which my skin hates and will break out in puss filled pimples. I went to Ulta and they explained the different acids in acne products.

PS: You can use it on your back for acne to and make your blemishes smaller! PS: They did change the product ingredients around in Dec 2017( some are moved up and some down the list) I am assuming for new marketing purposes but so far my skin likes it still
Brittney C.
Marion, AL
I have used this product on and off for about 5 years. It is a great quality exfoliator for the price you pay, it also comes with plenty of product. It smells great, but I'm not quite convinced it smells like apricots. The scent is there but is not overpowering as many other facial products are. It is very grainy and feels as you would expect an exfoliator to feel. The appearance of the product out of the tube is that it looks very natural. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and it has never led to a breakout or harsh feeling on my face. Sometimes it will start to clear up my face, but sometimes it does not. Everything depends on how bad my breakout is, but it will definitely tame it.  I have combination skin, and it has never left, a dry or oily feeling to my face. I have an oily T-zone, and dry skin around my eyes which is weird, but this product controls the oily while keeping my face soft where it needs to do so. Which is so great because products like this are hard to find. I can definitely tell the difference between this, and the off-brand as much as I did not want to because of the price difference. It leaves your skin smelling great, and feeling soft, and clean. I would recommend this product to people who had medium to light breakout prone skin.
Bri B.
Crossville, TN
Ok, let me say I have a bad problem with black heads and dry skin. The black heads mainly around my chin. I’ve tried MANY scrubs to clear them out, even used a soft bristled toothbrush (which helped, but odd ik). I also have an acne problem, been bad since I hit puberty. My bf has told me about this for years and I never listened because I thought everything was crap. Just thought it’d be another crappy product. Well, I got some today, I just used it and...I’m amazed. My skin is baby soft, it smells so good, easy to wash off, doesn’t make my skin feel raw after using it and it WORKED. My pores are also seemingly smaller!! I’ve never been so happy with a product in my life!!!
Maggie D.
East Brunswick
I love this scrub. I purchased it a while ago but started to use it recently. For me, instead of using it daily or every other day, I actually use it every week. What I do is, use this scrub; wash it off (already feels wonderful) then I'll put a facial mask afterwards. I do this just to give my face a nice cleansing and after the 20mins with the mask, my face feels amazing. Very smooth and clean. To me it is a wonderful way to end a week/start a new week using this scrub. It takes all the dead skin and leaves my face feeling so fresh and soft. Its a great way to pamper yourself (and it smells great too!)
Teri B.
I love that this gives me a deep exfoliation. I have combination skin and my dry patches tend to get bad. This helps to remove all of my dry skin. It also does help with keeping my acne down to a minimum when I use it compared to when I was not using this product. I also use the fresh skin one as well and love it just the same as this one. They both leave my skin feeling soft and refreshed. I first heard about this when I seen a friend using it and then I got curious about it so I bought it and have not regretted the purchase since. I will continue to repurchase this product once I run out of it.
Octavia G.
Memphis, TN
Okay, so let me just say I LOVE this stuff. I have used this for years and will continue to use this in the future. It is very inexpensive and is sold at most drug stores but is still hands down my favorite facial scrub period, better than any of the other expensive scrubs that I've purchased in the past. The Apricot scrub always leaves my face feeling squeaky clean and refreshed without drying it out and feeling irritated like most scrubs. The smell of the formula is amazing but not overpowering. I would give this product a 5/5. Great formula, great product, would definitely recommend!
Rose D.
I know that some people can use this product and love it, but that was not the case for me. With such abrasive products, there are both long term and short term disadvantages. In the short term, since you are basically scrubbing away on blemishes, you can actually irritate them and make it worse. In the long term, you can cause micro-abrasions in your skin which can cause wrinkles (there was a whole lawsuit about this, make sure to read about this!!). It really isn't worth the trouble, and there are plenty of other more gentle exfoliators that are less harsh.
Courtney S.
I’ve used this product for years & have been happy with my skin (minimal breakouts & associated dryness). It’s also quite affordable & easy to find at most retailers. However, I do feel that the label is misleading. It advertises the product as “natural,” however, a quick glance at the ingredients reveals that there are several chemicals linked to reproductive toxicity (the Environmental Working Group is a good resource). I would like to see the manufacturer replace some of the more hazardous ingredients with natural alternatives.
Tiffany C.
Palmdale, CA
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
Adrienna V.
Tulsa, OK
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Misato S.
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Tamanna H.
Ashburn, VA
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
lizeth c.