BY ST. IVES #6 in Face Scrubs

Salicylic Acid (2%)

Purpose
Acne Treatment

Uses

· For the treatment of acne

· Helps prevent new blackheads and acne blemishes from forming

Warnings
For external use only.

When using this product, skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time.  If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.

Keep out of reach of children.  If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

Directions

· Clean the skin thoroughly before applying this product.

· Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer and rinse thoroughly one to three times daily.

· Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if ​​needed or as directed by a doctor.

· If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day.

Inactive ingredients

Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glycol Stearate SE, Glycerin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Cetyl Acetate, Ceteareth-20, Carbomer, Polysorbate 60, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

• Is this a harsh facial scrub?16 Answers
  • Is it okay for combination skintype?3 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Shauna P.
Auburn, GA
I had no idea they had so many different cleansers!   I have used the blemish apricot scrub for years.  I love the way it smells, I love the creamy consistency with the bits of black scrubbing particles,  and its effectiveness to fight a breakout.  Sometimes I don't take the time to rinse it off completely and end up with those black scrubbing particles in and around my nostrils.   It's better than some of the others though that leave me waking around with white residue rounding my nose holes.  I will definitely continue buying st lives products,  and now that I have seen the whole line up,  will try some others as well.
Judie Z.
New York City
Great exfoliating scrub! I use this when I want to deep exfoliate my skin to really get all the dead skin and dirt off. I squeeze some of this product onto exfoliating gloves and rub it into my skin all over my body. My skin is baby soft and smooth afterwards. The exfoliants in the scrub are just a tad too harsh for the skin on my face, so I try to be gentler when I use it on my face. It can also be just a little bit drying for my skin, but I expect that that’s from the salicylic acid in the formula for blemish control purposes. Otherwise, it’s a great product!
tiffany n.
I used this product for over 3 years when I had acne and suffered from acne scars. I tried many products before I found this. It is a pretty harsh scrub if you have sensitive or skin that gets dry very easy. It's really decent quality for an affordable price. It helped a lot with my blemishes and could definitely tell the difference in my skin texture and color after using it for a while. I still use it and it's still great.
Vanessa L.
Corsicana
I loved this product but it didn't do much for my skin. It was a good product for my price range at the time. The packaging is very effective at dispensing the product. The product claimed to be a blemish control product but I think I just had really bad acne at the time and that is why it wasn't very effective for me. Overall I would buy the product again as an alternative to my skin care products I currently use.
Lindsey H.
Jacksonville , FL
Purchased at: Target
I really love this scrub because it is a good in-between of gentle and harsh scrubs. The result is that I feel like it is gentle on my skin yet strong enough to do its job of gently exfoliating. I also feel the ingredients do a good job of cleansing my acne-prone skin, but I still follow it up with a normal cleanser as it’s not cleaning enough to totally replace my cleanser - just occasionally be an addition to it.
Janie T.
I have extremely sensitive skin and this is by far my favorite face wash. It does not irritate my skin m, removes my make up, and has my face feeling so fresh and clean after every use. I love the apricot scrub and I also love the oatmeal scrub. I typically will rotate between the two. If you want a gentle but effective scrub this is definitely the product you need to try
Stefanie J.
Clarkdale, GA
Purchased at: Walmart
The price for this product is amazing. My face felt very nice, smooth and clean after using it. The big turn off for me is the smell. I’m very sensitive to fragrances be it natural or added. The smell of this triggered a migraine! I wouldn’t recommend this for anyone who has any sensitivities when it comes to smells. If you’re not sensitive then I recommend this for you!
Noori p.
Rochester,NY
Purchased at: Amazon
I have mixed feelings about this. It gets the job done, makes my skin feel fresh and clean and does control my acne and blackheads and Whitehead's, but there are fibers in this scrub that are sooooo bad for your skin. So I suggest using it like once or twice maybe a week and then buying a "cleaner" scrub that you can use daily like the Neutragena Grapefruit one!
Taylor P.
Dallas, Texas
I am absolutely obsessed with St.Ives cleansing facial scrub. The bottle it comes in has a pretty and relaxing design and the cleanser itself has these little beads that I worried would be harsh on my sensitive skin but they are extremely gentle and soothing. I tried tons of different face washes trying to find something that would hurt my skin and even after trying pro-active I still found that St.Ives was the only facewash that left my face feeling clean, bright, and moisturized.
Agatha A.
Peoria Hts, IL
Purchased at: Walgreens
My dad has always sworn by this product so naturally when I hit those lovely teen years and my face exploded, he gave me this! I've used it ever since! This is a product you don't use every day, I personally use it once a week. You also need to scrub gently so you aren't too rough on your skin. My skin feels wonderful after I use it every single time!!
Katharyn H.
Hickory, NC
Is this a harsh facial scrub?
Sandrine T.
St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub can i buy it for my 11 years old daughter?
Mai Li 리.
Columbia, SC
Is it okay for combination skintype?