BY ST. IVES #33 in Facial Cleansers

Clears Blackheads Calms Redness Oil-Free Salicylic Acne Medication 1 100% Natural Exfoliants 3 Hypoallergenic Non-Comedogenic 5 Sulfate, Paraben Phthalate Free 4 Dermatologist Tested From America s #1 Scrub Brand, this blackhead fighting formula blends Green Tea with 100% Natural Exfoliants to unclog dirt and oil from pores, helping clear blackheads and calm redness. Our Philosophy br St. Ives is dedicated to bringing you the best of nature with formulas that delight the senses as they leave your skin with a soft, fresh feel.

• Does this help inflammation?2 Answers
  • I've used many exfoliating creames before but I feel like the bea...2 Answers
  • Is it valid to sensitive skin?11 Answers
Reviews (1982)
  • "I fell in love with it, because it smells so good, is very gentle on my skin, and yet cleans deep and brightens my complexion." in 1 review
Julie M.
Kent, OH
Review for: St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Scrub, Green Tea, 6 oz
I was looking for a new face scrub to use a couple times a week. I came across St. Ives and looked up reviews and everything was very positive. So I thought why not try it out I mean come on this product is cheap! I was a little bit nervous how my skin would react to it since it can be sensitive sometimes. When I used it for the first time it was the perfect consistency. It is not too thick and it really isn't that rough. Which is perfect when you have really sensitive skin but rough enough to clean your pores. The one thing that I really love about this product is the smell! IT IS AMAZING!!!! I am hooked for sure and with the price you really can not beat it!
Alana C.
Review for: Tube
I was actually really impressed with this product! I have super large pores that always seem to get clogged (like on the daily) and this really helped clear them out and make my face smooth (especially around the nose area!!). I also decided to try this out because it said it helped with redness, but in my case, it actually made my redness worse. My face was blotchy red and looked a bit dried out (this went away of course) but I just didn't like how the redness showed up more on my skin. Great for quick cleaning of pores/getting rid of blackheads!
Gabriela J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub is a really good product when you want to really exfoliate your skin. It’s not as harsh as the other St.ives product because the beads used are much smaller and softer. I use this product maybe 1-2 times a week because over exfoliating may result in the new skin to shed away but that’s with any exfoliant that contains beads. This is a good product and is much better for various skin tones rather than the apricot scrub from St. Ives that is much harsher.
Victoria P.
Fishkill, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is by far one of my favorite fave washes. I use this along with the apricot scrub. This is great for a very gentle exfoliant. It feels so smooth on the skin and definitely cleans your skin without leaving behind that dry feeling that others do. I use this on an everyday basis because the exfoliant is very easy on the skin. With the apricot scrub the grits are very rough on the skin therefore I use it about twice a week.
DeAndrea M.
Review for: St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Scrub, Green Tea, 6 oz
Removes Blackhead??? Not that I have seen.
Calms redness??? That is not an issue that I deal with.
Removes dead and dry skin??? Most definitely. I used it last night after noticing that my skin was flaking and it solved the issue

This product is not something that I would rave about but if you need a facial scrub this will work. It smells great and will get rid of any dead skin you may have.
Kaitie P.
Atlanta
Beauty Junkie Expert
I will ALWAYS use St. Ives for a drugstore exfoliatior because they don't have plastic microbeads. (Google what they do to the oceans and you'll understand why they're BAD)

This "flavor" is perfect for combination skin that doesn't needs extreme exfoliation. I get hormonal and T-Zone breakouts, but I need the skin turnover of exfoliation every 1 to 2 days, and this is PERFECT. I don't find the smell offensive, and it doesn't last long anyways. I'm not prone to blackheads, but I haven't seen 1 on my face while using this 😉 If you've used their regular apricot face scrub, you know it probably feels like sandpaper on your face - This is NOT that harsh, so it can be used daily, if needed.
Ashley H.
Weirton, WV
Review for: St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Scrub, Green Tea, 6 oz
Amazing! The st. Ives facial cleansers are my go to products! This one really helps calm blackhead formation on my face and stops new ones from forming. Also my skin is soft after use. I think it could be a bit better at treating the already existing ones instead of just cleaning them but I still love this product! The smell is fresh and has a bit of scent to it but not super perfumy!
Hannah C.
St Petersburg, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This STUFF. I absolutely love this scrub. I picked it up at Wal-Mart and it was exactly what I needed. Unlike its sister the Apricot Scrub, which we all used in high school (don't lie, you did) this is a much more gentle. I can use a little bit each day on my problem areas where I have a lot of skin texture (around my mouth, chin, nose and forehead) and it doesn't irritate or dry me out. My skin has become quite sensitive as I have gotten older and this is gentle enough even for me. Because it has green tea in it I have noticed a significant reduction in the allover redness in my skin. It's calmed it down a good bit. I've also seen my pores tighten and my blackheads begin to disappear! Oh, and of course the most important part:
IT SMELLS DELICIOUS.
Ruth K.
Brooklyn, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this as a ‘every time I wash my face’ scrub (2-3 times a week) because it contains a bit of salicylic acid to treat any potential acne situations but is not a heavy duty scrub and I’m not using it everyday. I use Kate Somerville or Estee Edit scrubs once every couple of weeks to supplement it and in lieu of face washing the rest of the week I use Simple makeup removing cloths at night and micelar water in the morning on mostly clean skin. The texture and smell are great and I like this product to maintain smooth skin. I also see it’s most effective when used on my chest in the shower to prevent bumps - I notice they pop up if I don’t keep this in my skincare routine regularly.
Zed S.
Milwaukee
Because I have sensitive skin that is easily irritated, I try not to use scrubs too often. Though I need some exfoliation every few days because my skin gets dry, so this is the product I often use. As far as clearing blackheads, I haven't seen any improvement. Though to be fair, I don't use it consistently enough to really get those results. What I like to do is pour a couple drops of tea tree oil in my palm and then put a dab of this on top and mix it before applying it to my skin. That really opens my pores and cleans deep down. So as far as buying this product alone, if you have sensitive skin, I would advise using it along with natural oil such as tea tree, coconut or jojoba.
Laura M.
Cartagena
Is it valid to sensitive skin?
Amanda C.
Louisville, KY
How much is this product
Hoyee C.
Brooklyn, NY
How often can I use this on a weekly basis? I have semi-sensitive skin. Thanks.
Cassandra s.
Greene, Ny
Does this actually help acne and blackheads?
Karina Q.
Hartford, CT
Does it make my skin oily?