BY ST. IVES #2 in Face Scrubs

Problem skin has met its match. Salicylic acid packs a punch in this dermatologist-tested, blackhead-tackling green tea face scrub that unclogs pores and calms redness for glowing, bump-free skin.

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glycol Stearate SE, Glycerin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Cetyl Acetate, Ceteareth-20, Carbomer, Polysorbate 60, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Usage:

1. Squeeze a dime sized amount of Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub onto your fingertips and massage onto damp skin.

3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.

4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.

5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.

St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub
  • "I had no idea that St. Ives was hypoallergenic, I figured because it was so cheap that it would wreck havoc on my sensitive acne-prone skin like some other products. But not so! I have very oily skin, but with 2% salicylic acid products, I would get dry flaky patches. This scrub is the best of both worlds, with 1% salicylic acid and a smaller grit than the apricot scrub it leaves my skin soft and smooth to the touch! It has helped some with blackheads, but not a complete solution. " in 209 reviews
  • "I fell in love with it, because it smells so good, is very gentle on my skin, and yet cleans deep and brightens my complexion." in 1 review
Rachel N.
This ST. Ives Green tea scrub is awesome! It clears and prevents blackheads and acne by unclogging dirt and oils. The texture is soft with tiny grits. This scrub has a delightful Green tea scent that smells so good! It's gentle on the skin and great for keeping your face looking clean, smelling great and feeling refreshed. Make sure you don't use 2 topical acne medications at once, because it can cause irritation and dryness. It's best if you start out using it once a day and work your way up to 3 times a day. You can apply a moisturizer after use for dry skin if needed. The green tea calms redness like magic!
It contains 100% natural exfoliants. •Oil free •Sulfate free •paraben free •hypoallergenic
Overall this is a great cleansing scrub and I'd definitely recommend you try it if you haven't already, afterall ST. Ives is America's #1 scrub brand for a reason!!
Lily W.
Bronx, NY
It's been awhile since I've used a St. Ives facial product. The other product was the apricot cleanser which I liked. I needed a new product to clean my face, I started getting these little bumps on my forehead and I didn't know what they were until I googled them and it turns out it's clogged pores. Yuck, so it was definitely time to change up my cleansing routine. St. Ives scrub is definitely a moderate kind of scrub as it is listed on the back of the tube you can really feel the dead skin being scrubbed off. It didn't dry out my skin but left it feeling extra clean. You definitely do not need a lot of the product. I like to squeeze out a tiny amount for each section of my face so that I won't use up too much product at once. I know I would get over zealous and scrub my skin too harshly. And it has a nice scent.
Jay 💖.
I love this face scrub so much!! It not only smells amazing,it is the perfect exfoliant for my sensitive skin! It doesn't hurt or tear my skin,but instead it gently scrubs my dry skin and flakes away. I'm always left with smooth,glowing skin afterwards,and I feel just like a princess! A little goes a long way for me,and the bottle lasts me for months,even though I use it a few times a week. Would highly recommend this,especially for the price! I can find this at Wal-Mart for about $7 if I'm remembering correctly. It's pretty gentle and it works great,I use this product after I cleanse my face in the shower. Again,I would recommend.
Danielle L.
Corinth
I love this product for its ability exfoliate my face, leaving it clean and feeling refreshed. I tend to get a lot of black heads on my nose and this product does a great job at reducing them.

I use this 1-2 times a week. And I always shock my pores closed with cold water afterwards then apply lotion. Because it is an exfoliating scrub it will leave your skin dry so be sure to moisturize after.

I gave this product 4 stars rather than 5 solely because while I love this scrub I HATE THE SMELL I think the scent is awful but I continue to use it because it does a great job at cleaning my face.
Tabitha R.
I cannot stress just how much I love this product!

I use it while I’m in the shower. I cleanse my face first. And then while the steam is opening up my pores, I put a small dime size amount of this product onto my fingertips. I then gently exfoliate my face using small circle motions. I then just rinse it off.

It leaves my face feeling very refreshed and silky smooth. I have never had any type of issue with this product and I have sensitive skin.

The best thing about this product besides it being from a brand I trust, is that you get a lot of product for a small amount of money!

I highly recommend this to anyone! I even have my husband and teenage boys using it!
Mollie D.
Salina, OK
A good face scrub is SOOO very important to have in your skincare routine. 😍😍😍 Such a GREAT scrub! Super affordable. Suitable for ALL skintypes, however, IDEAL for acne-prone/oily/combo/redness-prone/sensitive skin.
Has a great, light, clean, green tea like scent. 🌱🌿 The texture is thick, not too thick. The granules are tiny, which attributes to it exfoliating SUPER well. I would definitely repurchase. 😍😍😍
TIP: Being that the granules are pretty small, it does not take much pressure or scrubbing to get the job done.
Gabriela J.
The St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub is a really good product when you want to really exfoliate your skin. It’s not as harsh as the other St.ives product because the beads used are much smaller and softer. I use this product maybe 1-2 times a week because over exfoliating may result in the new skin to shed away but that’s with any exfoliant that contains beads. This is a good product and is much better for various skin tones rather than the apricot scrub from St. Ives that is much harsher.
lexy w.
Longwood, FL
Let me start by saying this product is not more for blackhead clearing as it is for redness . The packaging is eye catching. Great value for the price. I do feel however this product is a redness control products. The green tea formula is extremely scented, I like a good scent that isn't a migraine in a bottle. The granules fit the norm for a black head scrub. However the formula is better suited for getting rid of redness . Would repurchase again for the redness control, but not for black head clearing.
Natalie M.
Great scrub for a cheap price. One of my favorite times to use this is before I wear a pore strip. First I splash my face with warm water to open up my pores, then I apply a thin layer across my nose and fore head, after I wait about 5-10 minutes, and finally I rinse off the scrub and apply my pore strips. I find that the salicylic acid helps dissolve the dead skin on your face so the pore strip can better penetrate the dirt and oil underneath. This is just like a 3 step nose strip system and for the cool down you can use a ice cube wrapped in a paper towel!
Emily K.
Sartell, MN
I absolutely love st Ives. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth. It takes away all of the dead skin and dry skin and overall leaves a very clean feeling. The price point is great. This was a new variation that I tried and I did not like it as much as the apricot scrub. However, my only complaint is that after speaking to my dermatologist this suggested finding a better option. It is hard to pass up this price point though.
Laura M.
Cartagena
Is it valid to sensitive skin?
Amanda C.
Louisville, KY
How much is this product
Hoyee C.
Brooklyn, NY
How often can I use this on a weekly basis? I have semi-sensitive skin. Thanks.
Cassandra s.
Greene, Ny
Does this actually help acne and blackheads?
Karina Q.
Hartford, CT
Does it make my skin oily?