St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub
Bye-bye, blemishes! We added salicylic acid to our signature apricot face scrub to help reduce breakouts and prevent acne. Crushed walnut shell powder leaves pores fresher than fresh for beautifully glowing skin.
Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)
Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glycol Stearate SE, Glycerin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Cetyl Acetate, Ceteareth-20, Carbomer, Polysorbate 60, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
1. Squeeze a dime sized amount of Acne Control Apricot Face Scrub onto your fingertips and massage onto damp skin.
2. Spread in small circular motions, applying gentle pressure to wake your skin’s natural circulation.
3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.
4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.
5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.see more...
Top Questions See all 6,745 Q&A
St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub
- "My skin is kind of sensitive and I've been using St.Ives for a while. I have never had any breakouts from this scrub. My skin is always sooth after using the scrub." in 2021 reviews
- "I know this scrub is the real deal because I got my fiancee, who has never used a face wash other than a bar of soap before, to use this stuff religiously everyday in the shower." in 561 reviews
- "I love this scrub,I use it for my face and sometimes my legs too.the microbeads help removing old dead skin and give you a fresh feeling" in 533 reviews
- "works great smells great and the texture its self is amazing works well to control my break outs use this in my daily routine " in 370 reviews
- "I don't use it every day because it tends to dry out my skin if I do, but I can definitely tell it helps to clear up my skin when I do use it!" in 265 reviews
It's grainy, but not enough to feel as if it's really working - you have to REALLY scrub to make sure you exfoliate. It feels just a BIT too greasy for comfort, but it is a better balance between gentle and rough than most exfoliating cleansers.
I used to use this all the time. I went and got a facial and the the lady asked what I use and she said that the scrub is to harsh for your face. So I stopped using it. I use something less harsh like aveeno.
This product didn't really do the job for me. It did not make my acne go away and it makes your skin feel very dry afterwards so definitely do not use if you have dry skin. Plus the texture of it is really odd.
I have mixed thoughts on the st. Ives scrubs. They are great exfoliators but they do dry out my skin (I have dry/combination) so I have to double up on moisturizer. It really does leave my face feeling fresh and clean and mostly blemish/blackhead free but I will often be dry/flaky the day after I use it, even if I go crazy with my lotion.
I do t know why this has such a low rating but it's always worked for me. I wok a haunted house seasonally and have to cake on layers of makeup every night all night and I always bring this with me! It makes it easier to wash away AND does what the bottle says which is help with blackheads.
I love how my skin feels after using this. It feels polished & very smooth. I personally also apply this to the backs of my arms & on my legs prior to & after shaving. Very smooth, works good, smells great!
I never understand why people do not like St. Ives products! I think their products work amazingly. Blackheads vanished! I've read it's not good to use on your face. also that it leaves your small cuts that are not visible, but I believe that's not true. I see no cuts. Just improvements.
I love the smell of this product, and I have found it to be very effective when used once a week. Make sure you pair it with a good moisturizer though - I can feel my skin tightening as soon as I rinse it off!
I like the scrubby feeling this product leaves on my face. It is very rough though, so I can see how it would be hard on people with sensitive skin, but I really like it. It leaves my face feeling super clean.
I love the light smell and gentle scrub this face wash has. Gives my skin a fresh, renewed feel. It comes in a tub, I wouldn't recommend that packaging, seems to let too much water in and damage the product.
Q & A
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
I know it's a scrub and it smells good but does the little particles hurt your skin?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos