St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub
Bye-bye, blemishes! We added salicylic acid to our signature apricot face scrub to help reduce breakouts and prevent acne. Crushed walnut shell powder leaves pores fresher than fresh for beautifully glowing skin.
Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)
Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glycol Stearate SE, Glycerin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Cetyl Acetate, Ceteareth-20, Carbomer, Polysorbate 60, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
1. Squeeze a dime sized amount of Acne Control Apricot Face Scrub onto your fingertips and massage onto damp skin.
2. Spread in small circular motions, applying gentle pressure to wake your skin’s natural circulation.
3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.
4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.
5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.see more...
Top Questions See all 6,746 Q&A
St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub
- "My skin is kind of sensitive and I've been using St.Ives for a while. I have never had any breakouts from this scrub. My skin is always sooth after using the scrub." in 2021 reviews
- "I know this scrub is the real deal because I got my fiancee, who has never used a face wash other than a bar of soap before, to use this stuff religiously everyday in the shower." in 561 reviews
- "I love this scrub,I use it for my face and sometimes my legs too.the microbeads help removing old dead skin and give you a fresh feeling" in 533 reviews
- "works great smells great and the texture its self is amazing works well to control my break outs use this in my daily routine " in 370 reviews
- "I don't use it every day because it tends to dry out my skin if I do, but I can definitely tell it helps to clear up my skin when I do use it!" in 265 reviews
I like this product, it is cheap and gritty so when I really feel like i need to just scrub the yuck off my face, I feel a lot better after using this. It does hurt a bit, it almost feels like sand, but it does help make your face soft. I however didn't see a difference with blackheads.
I have used this since I was young. This is the one product that i always seem to keep buying. It's great that the scrubbing ingredient is crushed walnuts instead of those microbeads that are being banned.
I've bought a tube of this maybe 3-4 times, and while it is a much more robust exfoliator than most drugstore brands, it is too rough on my face. Keep in mind, I don't classify as a "sensitive skin" type, as I have done Oxy, Retin-A, and Proactiv treatments for several years. While my face does feel smooth and clean after use, it stings ever-so-slightly during and afterwards. Also, it doesn't really do much in terms of my blackheads and I'm still getting breakouts.
This product did not do much for my skin. It cleared away some of my breakouts, but the power of it was very spotty. Some days it would clear up my skin and some days it felt like it did absolutely nothing.
I have been using St. Ives for quite a while now and the apricot scrub is AMAZING. I use it with my Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer and it has really helped my acne scars significantly. I don't find the scrub too harsh, the smell is wonderful, and my face is left fresh every time I use it. Definitely, one of the best product I have used!
My skin was horrible for about 2 years & I kept trying multiple products trying to reduce the horrendous acne on my face. This product not only does that but it leaves your face feeling fresh and clean. Other acne treatments left my skin dry and would make it peel, but this product is the complete opposite. I've been using it for almost 2 years now and I am sure I will not go back to a different brand.
This is my favorite facial scrub!! It helps to keep my skin clear and also smells great. I've also tried the green tea blackhead scrub from St. Ives and I like that one too but it wasn't intense enough. This really cleans your skin and doesn't dry out my skin so I can use it every day or every other day.
Its like rubbing sand on your face, not good. theres a real chance that its leaving teeny tiny scratches on your face that can become infected. the only place this should be used is on your dried out feet.
For some reason I never use this every day. I don't know why, but I always reach for it when I have breakouts and it clears my skin up quickly. I really just need to start using it every day. The price is wonderful. I always think I have to buy the more expensive brands to clear up my skin. When they don't work I have this stored in my cabinet and I pull it out. I highly recommend it. I just need to make myself start using it every day instead of more expensive brands.
Just graduating from esthetics school i found out that its way too harsh on your skin. it makes your skin feel really smooth but it is actually causing premature aging by stripping your skin of the barrier & oils it needs. and with salicylic acid in it as well its going to be very drying to skin! use a mask & super hydrating moisturizer after
Q & A
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
I know it's a scrub and it smells good but does the little particles hurt your skin?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos