St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub
Bye-bye, blemishes! We added salicylic acid to our signature apricot face scrub to help reduce breakouts and prevent acne. Crushed walnut shell powder leaves pores fresher than fresh for beautifully glowing skin.
Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)
Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glycol Stearate SE, Glycerin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Cetyl Acetate, Ceteareth-20, Carbomer, Polysorbate 60, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
1. Squeeze a dime sized amount of Acne Control Apricot Face Scrub onto your fingertips and massage onto damp skin.
2. Spread in small circular motions, applying gentle pressure to wake your skin’s natural circulation.
3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.
4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.
5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.see more...
Top Questions See all 6,745 Q&A
St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub
- "My skin is kind of sensitive and I've been using St.Ives for a while. I have never had any breakouts from this scrub. My skin is always sooth after using the scrub." in 2021 reviews
- "I know this scrub is the real deal because I got my fiancee, who has never used a face wash other than a bar of soap before, to use this stuff religiously everyday in the shower." in 561 reviews
- "I love this scrub,I use it for my face and sometimes my legs too.the microbeads help removing old dead skin and give you a fresh feeling" in 533 reviews
- "works great smells great and the texture its self is amazing works well to control my break outs use this in my daily routine " in 370 reviews
- "I don't use it every day because it tends to dry out my skin if I do, but I can definitely tell it helps to clear up my skin when I do use it!" in 265 reviews
I like this product to use every once in a while, but I found it a little too harsh for every day use. I purchased it at Walmart for a reasonable price. But there is also a store-brand option that I heard works just the same and costs less. Not badly priced though, so it is good value.
This is a good go-to scrub. If you have run out of your scrub, or are in a rut and the new ones youve tried haven't worked out , good old St Ives scrub is always there to make sure you're exfoliated and not breaking the bank. Of course, it doesn't seem as luxe as many of the other products out there, so it may seem a little lackluster. I would like to see an anti-aging St Ives product containing hyaluronic acid, that might get me energized about using St.. Ives again.
This is one of those oldie but goodie products that you keep going back to over and over because it works. Now I'm a self admitted exfoliation junkie so I love how scrubby this product is, but if you have delicate or thin skin I would suggest trying one of their scrubs with a little smoothr pieces in it, the apricot pieces are fairly jagged.
This product did not do much for my skin. It cleared away some of my breakouts, but the power of it was very spotty. Some days it would clear up my skin and some days it felt like it did absolutely nothing.
This is a lovely scrub! BUT do not use this more than once every two weeks or so. BECAUSE an apricot scrub is a very harsh treatment. If you use it more than needed you can create micro cuts on your skin. (so do be careful not to use more than needed) But when needed its a great product!
My mother introduced me to this product when I younger. I have been using for over.....well a very long time :) My favorite products are the apricot walnut scrub and the mud mask. The mask is great for spot pimple correcting and the scrub is great for a weekly facial buffing treatment
I used to use this product in high school. It worked great, or so I thought, until my skin didn't agree with it anymore. It was a little too rough for my liking anyways, so no big loss. Fast forward a few years, one of my good friends would went to beauty school and is now licensed tell all of her clients to stay away from this product. It is horrible for you skin, especially if used on a daily basis.
Its like rubbing sand on your face, not good. theres a real chance that its leaving teeny tiny scratches on your face that can become infected. the only place this should be used is on your dried out feet.
I've used this product ever since middle school. It's very affordable and the apricot aroma is just refreshing and lovely! You can find it in any stores. I love this product and hope it continues. Remember to use only twice a week if your skin is sensitive since the scrub may be a bit harsh.
This is probably one of my favorite basic beauty buys. I use it almost everyday to get rid of all the dead skin that cause breakouts and the dreaded blackheads. In terms of the 'scrubability' this product has the right amount of scrub to get rid of the dead skin without being too abrasive.
Q & A
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
I know it's a scrub and it smells good but does the little particles hurt your skin?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos