St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub
Bye-bye, blemishes! We added salicylic acid to our signature apricot face scrub to help reduce breakouts and prevent acne. Crushed walnut shell powder leaves pores fresher than fresh for beautifully glowing skin.
Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)
Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glycol Stearate SE, Glycerin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Cetyl Acetate, Ceteareth-20, Carbomer, Polysorbate 60, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
1. Squeeze a dime sized amount of Acne Control Apricot Face Scrub onto your fingertips and massage onto damp skin.
2. Spread in small circular motions, applying gentle pressure to wake your skin’s natural circulation.
3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.
4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.
5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.see more...
Top Questions See all 6,729 Q&A
St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub
- "My skin is kind of sensitive and I've been using St.Ives for a while. I have never had any breakouts from this scrub. My skin is always sooth after using the scrub." in 2021 reviews
- "I know this scrub is the real deal because I got my fiancee, who has never used a face wash other than a bar of soap before, to use this stuff religiously everyday in the shower." in 561 reviews
- "I love this scrub,I use it for my face and sometimes my legs too.the microbeads help removing old dead skin and give you a fresh feeling" in 533 reviews
- "works great smells great and the texture its self is amazing works well to control my break outs use this in my daily routine " in 370 reviews
- "I don't use it every day because it tends to dry out my skin if I do, but I can definitely tell it helps to clear up my skin when I do use it!" in 265 reviews
I used to use this product twice a week. For me it came off as very harsh. Mind you I don't have sensitive skin. After using it for about a month it left my skin feeling dry, even with the use of moisturizers. I also felt as though it did not really clean my face. It really depends on your skin how this works for you.
It was a great scrub, and I felt like it was working but eventually, it dried my skin out a lot! I don't recommend using it more than once a week (depending on your skin type). I consulted with friend of mine, who is a professional make up artist and said that this one actually tears the skin, and is not recommended.
This stuff is pretty great I must say.. Yes I know it's a scrub but I feel like the beads in the scrub are a bit to rough.. And make my face pretty dry. If you don't use it as a daily thing it's nice and cleans out them pores!
I think the problem most people have with this scrub is they try to use it everyday. It's far too harsh for that. After telling my roommate to chill out on the scrub, her face actually improved when dropping down to 2-3x a week instead of every day. I personally only use it 1x a week or so just to get a really good clean/fresh face.
I have really bad acne and I've been using face wash from my dermatologist but it was getting way too expensive so I was referred to St. Ives and I love it. It's so much better priced and you can feel how it gets deeper than just the top layer of your skin. Plus it smells amazing and makes your face feel so clean!
I stumbled across this after finding a sample I had stashed away, and I'm sure glad I found it! Not only does it leave your skin feeling clean and refreshed, it helps get away any unwanted dirt and oil. It can be a little harsh with the exfoliating particles in it, so if you have sensitive skin, this may not be for you.
This scrub works great at removing dead skin and cleaning off makeup! It's definitely a harsher scrub but works great! My skin feels smooth after and I can tell that any blemishes I had are either smaller or gone in the morning.
I picked this up at Target because it was on sale and I was on an apricot scrub kick. After using it for a while, I noticed that it really wasn't helping my face at all and it was making it horribly dry and no amount of moisturizer would help it. Since then, I have stopped using it and my skin has gone back to normal.
I don't know where to start. This product has changed my life. I used to have acne and after using this scrub along with the black head green tea scrub and a toner from another brand, my face has changed dramatically. My acne has reduced and it leaves my face feeling fresh and clean. Its so cheap. You can't go wrong
If you're looking for an inexpensive scrub that helps with breakouts and clear out black head this ones for you. It can be used daily as well which is great. I really this scrub and it does help a lot with my frequent break outs.
Q & A
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
I know it's a scrub and it smells good but does the little particles hurt your skin?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos