St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub
Bye-bye, blemishes! We added salicylic acid to our signature apricot face scrub to help reduce breakouts and prevent acne. Crushed walnut shell powder leaves pores fresher than fresh for beautifully glowing skin.
Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)
Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glycol Stearate SE, Glycerin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Cetyl Acetate, Ceteareth-20, Carbomer, Polysorbate 60, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
1. Squeeze a dime sized amount of Acne Control Apricot Face Scrub onto your fingertips and massage onto damp skin.
2. Spread in small circular motions, applying gentle pressure to wake your skin’s natural circulation.
3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.
4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.
5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.see more...
Top Questions See all 6,744 Q&A
St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub
- "My skin is kind of sensitive and I've been using St.Ives for a while. I have never had any breakouts from this scrub. My skin is always sooth after using the scrub." in 2021 reviews
- "I know this scrub is the real deal because I got my fiancee, who has never used a face wash other than a bar of soap before, to use this stuff religiously everyday in the shower." in 561 reviews
- "I love this scrub,I use it for my face and sometimes my legs too.the microbeads help removing old dead skin and give you a fresh feeling" in 533 reviews
- "works great smells great and the texture its self is amazing works well to control my break outs use this in my daily routine " in 370 reviews
- "I don't use it every day because it tends to dry out my skin if I do, but I can definitely tell it helps to clear up my skin when I do use it!" in 265 reviews
I was using this product every other day, but it was just too drying and caused redness and irritation. I tried to cut back and only use it once a week, but I just feel that overall this was a bit too harsh of an exfoliant for my face. It did more harm than good.
I think this product is great because it controls how oily your face gets, and it leaves your skin silky smooth. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who has cystic acne as I think it could do more damage than good. I would say that your skin has to be decently clear of blemishes if you are going to incorporate this product into your regimen. I also think that you should not scrub too hard. The apricot pit granules are very tough!
I had one that I needed to use up, so I put it in the shower to force me to use it. I didn't notice any drastic results or something crazy. It didn't break me out though. So it's good if you want a gentle scrub that smells nice. But it's not the product for me. I gave it a C not because I didn't like it, but because it wasn't anything special but I didn't dislike it.
Before using this product i had never used St. Ives before. Its great for removing blemishes and removing dead skin. The price is great! The only downside is that it sometimes made my face very dry and irritated, so I would suggest using it only once a week. For the price you are paying its a great product.
This face scrub does miracles ! I bought this face scrub because I started breaking out really bad . When I started using it my face looked so much cleaner and my acne started going away . And I have only been using for a couple of weeks and my face is now clear .
I usually use Lancome & Mary Kay but last month, my mom stayed over and had this stuff. I remember using it years ago when I was a teenager and loved it but haven't used it since. I went out and bought a tube and loved that it was super cheap AND it still works great! Great exfoliation. I am now using this 2-3 times a week and it helps with the breakout I still get. :)
This did not clear up any blemishes, in fact, it only made my skin worse. I used this once before my skin became very oily and I had a breakout. I tried it with high hopes, but I ended up giving it to a friend who wanted to give it a chance. I was surprised because I have had great experiences with other St. Ive's products, but this product was just too harsh for my skin.
This stuff is awful for your skin!! My issue was partially user error as I didn't follow directions, HOWEVER after I ruined my skin and sought direction from an aesthetician and various professionals, I learned how awful pits are for your skin! Never, ever again!
Love this product! Has a very subtle scent and makes my skin feel so refreshed!! I've been using it for many years now. I've tried other products that I run across but I always end up returning to this one! It's also gentle enough to use at least every other day.
I have so many mixed feelings about this scrub. I always thought it was for your face, and then people told me it wasn't. I have literally been using this since middle school, but towards the end of high school it started to fail me :( I started breaking out very badly because of hormones and it just wasn't working anymore, and it was so rough that I was worried I was tearing my skin. Now I don't even touch it, I switched to Cetaphil.
Q & A
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
I know it's a scrub and it smells good but does the little particles hurt your skin?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos