BY ST. IVES #10 in Face Scrubs

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)

Usage:

3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.

4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.

5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.

• Do people use this on areas other than their faces?160 Answers
  • Can it be used on sensitive skin? 109 Answers
  • St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub I just started usi...9 Answers
Emily C.
Charlotte, NC
This is DEFINITELY a deep scrub. The exfoliating stuff inside this cream is almost like sand, and rubbing it into your face exfoliates it very well. For me, a person with sensitive skin, this is something to use only sometimes. I think using it too often would hurt my skin - after use, my skin was pretty red, and I felt the need to follow up with a deep moisturizing face mask to minimize any damage. But I think for others with less sensitive skin, this product would be great.
Sarah M.
Grayson, KY
I bought this years ago maybe when I was 12 and it didn't do much for me then, but now that I'm 23 I got a sample in the mail and decided to give it a go again - well I was surprised by how well it cleared up my skin. I have combination/oily skin and I have sensitive skin as well prone to break-outs. I ended up going out and purchasing the full product again and I'm almost out of it. I use this maybe 1-3 a week. It leaves my skin feeling super soft, gets rid of the dead skin.
Thomas S.
Boulder, CO
Please don't put this on your face. It can create fissures and cuts on your skin that allow acne bacteria and all kinds of nastiness to get in. On the body, its an ok exfoliator but its far too harsh for the face or neck. It consistently breaks me out and changes my skin texture when I use it and I try to steer people away as much as possible. Better drug-store exfoliators are out there, like the St. Ives Green Tea or the Acure Brightening Scrub.
Martha C.
Wichita, KS
I really like this as an exfoliator. It's pretty effective and smells and feels nice.

I wouldn't use it more than a couple times a week because it is so exfoliating, but it's a great addition to your skin care routine.

Take note that this will leave little granules deep in the bristles of a Clarisonic-type brush. It doesn't affect how mine works, but it is kinda gross looking and hard to clean out
cecilia c.
Fort Worth, TX
I'm a licensed esthetician and I do not recommend ever using this on your face. The ingredients that are used to exfoliate are ground up walnut shells that can cause microscopic cuts in the skin leaving room for infection and the spread of more acne. Take better care of your skin and keep this off your face. It is however a great body scrub.
Candice H.
Haleyville, AL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
I have always heard such great things about this stuff. I looked for something different and decided to try this. I tried it, and had a horrible experience. It was great for maybe 3 days. After that, my face broke out in this awful rash/blemish like stuff. It was so weird. You couldn't see the break out, but you could feel it. It was HORRIBLE. I normally don't have sensitive skin, so it shocked me that I had such a reaction with it. I stopped, and in about a week, it started to clear up.
Rosemarie K.
West Babylon, NY
I use this in the shower after I finish everything else, I have to say that I don't really get black heads a lot, but I just used this because I though it was good for your skin, keeps away blemishes, and I just really like scrubs. Overall it's nice but nothing too special. It doesn't give you that fresh feeling other facial scrubs give you.
Izeyah W.
Las Vegas, NV
This scrub is great if your looking to soften your skin and clear it up a bit this is the product for you. it also retails at a god price if bought from the right vendor. St.Ives has never disappointed me and with this item they still haven't. I will admit this might not work for everyone just because of the way people can react to certain beauty products i do have several friends who have had allergic reactions to it but for the bulk of the people i know it works amazingly.
Erielle R.
Gaithersburg, MD
Very affordable, great scent, and long shelf life event with natural ingredients, it worked VERY well for it's price. It's also one of those products that are unisex which is amazing. My boyfriend can't stop using it. I would recommend these for student especially because of the great price and we all know how we're always trying to save.
Amberlyn G.
PALMDALE , CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
I tried St. Ives apricot scrub because I noticed it was cheaperthan other leading brands and had the same ingredients. I have very oily skin and clogged pores, and this was gentle enough on my face not to dry my skin out, yet at the same time clear blackheads. I love the clean feeling afterwards and the smell of this product. I am a user of this product since the first try a couple months ago. Other scrubs did not clean as efficiently as this and really dried up my face.
Tiffany C.
Palmdale, CA
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
Adrienna V.
Tulsa, OK
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Misato S.
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Tamanna H.
Ashburn, VA
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
lizeth c.