BY ST. IVES #10 in Face Scrubs

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)

Usage:

3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.

4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.

5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.

• Do people use this on areas other than their faces?160 Answers
  • Can it be used on sensitive skin? 109 Answers
  • St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub I just started usi...9 Answers
Isamar I.
Highlands, TX
I've been using this product since I was in high school going through every normal teen changes. I needed a product that would clean the dirt and sweat after athletics and wipe away all of the makeup I used everyday. This product has sand like particles that help get all of that gunk off your face/body without dissolving too fast or being to hard on your skin. I would highly recommend this product to any oily skinned teen any day! It sure did help me get though those tough years!
Marianne M.
I have quite oily skin and large pores. Exfoliating is a must for me! I love how soft my skin feels after I use this. My makeup goes on more smoothly and stays put longer. I also love the smell. I have never had any adverse reactions to this - no itching, redness, breakouts, etc - but I don't have super sensitive skin. I believe they have a sensitive skin formula, though. I highly recommend this scrub for 1-2x per week exfoliating for normal to oily skin. It's a bargain!
Hannah S.
I love this stuff! it smells amazing and makes your face/skin feel so much softer after just one use, too! It did pretty well at controlling my acne, but I wouldn't recommend using it every single day. It can feel kind of harsh and gritty for use of everyday, maybe every other day would be better! Definitely would repurchase in the future.
Lo S.
I used to swear this product as I have very dry skin and this seemed to be the only product that would help rid me of dead skin and feel fresh... BUT! After a year of using the product, I realized it has bad long term effects because the scrub beads are too big that it caused my pores to expand and ended up leading to more breakouts, bigger looking pores, and was too harsh on my skin. If only they'd make it with beads half the size. I'm rating it a C because it damaged my skin.
Rosemarie K.
West Babylon, NY
I use this in the shower after I finish everything else, I have to say that I don't really get black heads a lot, but I just used this because I though it was good for your skin, keeps away blemishes, and I just really like scrubs. Overall it's nice but nothing too special. It doesn't give you that fresh feeling other facial scrubs give you.
Ia L.
Sacramento, CA
I was breaking out so much. Then a friend recommended this and now its my go to face wash. It helps control my face oils and ance and gets rid of dead skin. Absolutely recommend.
Kaileigh E.
Please do not use this scrub to exfoliate your face, especially every day! I know it is cheap and readily available, but the crushed apricot pieces that it uses to scrub your face are WAY too harsh. It might have a good short term effect, but in the long term, it will seriously damage your skin and make your acne much much worse. If you research why you shouldn't use this scrub, you will find a lot of good information on why it's way too harsh for your delicate skin.
Andrea L.
San Jose, CA
I have used this scrub for over 20 years, and I still love it. I love that I can conveniently pick it up at my local drug store or even at the grocery store. The apricot pieces are a bit coarse, but if you gently rub it on your face, it is perfect and does a great job exfoliating your skin. Plus, the price is a real bargain and can't be beat!
Heather S.
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
The jagged, irregular particles in the St. Ives Scrub are too rough for your face, but make an excellent and inexpensive body scrub. Keep in mind that this product can really irritate sensitive skin because of the shape of the exfoliant (crushed apricot kernels and walnut shells) - the rough edges can break capillaries and most likely will cause more damage than good. A better option would be something with smooth, round particles or a chemical exfoliant (something with AHAs).
Amberlyn G.
PALMDALE , CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
I tried St. Ives apricot scrub because I noticed it was cheaperthan other leading brands and had the same ingredients. I have very oily skin and clogged pores, and this was gentle enough on my face not to dry my skin out, yet at the same time clear blackheads. I love the clean feeling afterwards and the smell of this product. I am a user of this product since the first try a couple months ago. Other scrubs did not clean as efficiently as this and really dried up my face.
Tiffany C.
Palmdale, CA
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
Adrienna V.
Tulsa, OK
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Misato S.
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Tamanna H.
Ashburn, VA
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
lizeth c.