BY ST. IVES #10 in Face Scrubs

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)

Usage:

3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.

4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.

5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.

• Do people use this on areas other than their faces?160 Answers
  • Can it be used on sensitive skin? 109 Answers
  • St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub I just started usi...9 Answers
Victoria M.
Harrison, TN
I suffered from acne for a long time and tried everything under the sun and nothing worked. I purchased this one day for the hell of it and my acne finally went away! I used this for about 2 years before I ended up purchasing a higher end product. If there comes a day when I can't afford my current skin care products I'll definitely purchase this again.
Jodi-Kay E.
Racine , WI
I've been using this product for a few years on and off now. I really like how you have the option of using it as a face wash and a face mask. I have very oily skin and this actually reduces some of the oil after I use it as a face mask for a few hours. I never notice a dramatic difference in clearing up my skin but it does leave my skin feeling unclogged, fresh and oil free!

Olivia O.
Yes, at first your skin will appear smooth. I thought this was a great product, until I researched it online.

This causes damaging LONG TERM affects. This product can cause little micro tears (cuts) in your skin. This scrub is harsh and damaging. The scrub is not milled well enough, so it leaves a grain with an uneven texture. This in turn makes microtears in your skin that a susceptible to bacteria and infection. It also wears your skin down.
Use on your body only, not your face!!
Serena H.
Alexandria, LA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I have used this scrub for the past 10 years. I absolutely love the way it smells and it helps get rid of any dead skin cells or dirt that may be trapped in my pores. I have pretty sensitive skin and this product doesn't irritate my skin at all.
Danielle E.
Pittsburgh, PA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
The ground-up peach pit is too harsh even for normal skin that isn't overly sensitive. I've been to a few great dermatologists and they all highly discourage using this because it leaves tiny abrasions that are unseen to the naked eye and that even with once a week use, it does more damage than positive results. If you have acne and blackheads, you'll be better off using products with retinol or salicylic acid/beta hydroxy. These combat acne/blackheads, and they help make your skin brighter.
Amanda C.
Astoria, NY
I've been using this product for years and it's my absolute favorite. i have oily skin-this product not only removes the oil and cleanses my skin, but also exfoliates leaving my skin feeling fresh and rejuvenated. with that said that it is a scrub, DO NOT scrub this on your face- it will hurt. use a gentle hand and massage the product on your face. also, although you can use this as a daily cleanser, it may be a bit abrasive and start drying your skin- i only use this one or twice a week.
Krystin A.
Montague, NJ
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
My mom introduced me to this. I was skeptical because I don't usually use drugstore brands for skincare. I was pleasantly surprised! I love how it feels on my skin and how my skin feels AFTER rinsing it. And for the price? Who can beat the nice low price? Certainly not the stuff I was using before. My skin is dry and this didn't make it any more or less dry.
Crystal R.
I was "blessed" to be born with very large pores on my nose, cheeks, chin, and forehead. I use this scrub every other day in the shower, alternating with a sensitive facial wash. I love the grittiness of st ives. Its the only cleanser that I can *feel* working. My skin is super soft when I'm done. And my pores appear smaller when i use it consistently.
Val I.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
This is made by the same people who make Dove and Axe -- Unilever. I used to buy this product, and felt like it worked ok, but now that I know who makes it, I won't be buying it anymore. I really dislike the fact that Dove, a company which supposedly supports feminism and empowerment for women, is associated with Axe, a company whose advertisements are FULL of sexism and objectification. Since St. Ives also is associated with Unilever -- no St. Ives for me. Also, this is not a cruelty-free product.
Brittany N.
I use this product a couple times a week before bed with my olay pro x when I really feel like my face needs some serious exfoliation. I do have combination skin that is primarily oily and shiny in the summer along with blackheads and enlarged pores. Easy to say my skin is frustrating! This product really helps though and I've been using it for years, I can't use everyday because it can be a little harsh and cause my skin to dry out. Other than that though I truly love this face wash!!
Tiffany C.
Palmdale, CA
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
Adrienna V.
Tulsa, OK
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Misato S.
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Tamanna H.
Ashburn, VA
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
lizeth c.