BY ST. IVES #10 in Face Scrubs

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)

Usage:

3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.

4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.

5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.

• Do people use this on areas other than their faces?160 Answers
  • Can it be used on sensitive skin? 109 Answers
  • St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub I just started usi...9 Answers
Malika M.
Rosedale, NY
This scrub is a staple beauty product for me. I used to use it when i was younger and just restarted using it. Now that i wear heavier make up its good to have a simple scrub to really exfoliate my skin. It's gentle that it can be used as a daily cleanser or weekly if you don't need to exfoliate as often. I continually buy this product and will continue to do so.
Katie T.
Providence , RI
Yes the price is reasonable but, if you still feel like saving a few extra bucks, many stores have their own brand of this stuff. I like to use this scrub occasionally but my fiancé is absolutely hooked! He uses it twice a day everyday and his skin has cleared up dramatically after only using it for six weeks! We obviously have different skin types because I can't use this stuff for longer than a few days; even that is too much. I feel like it makes my skin more oily than it was before I washed my face.
Aren L.
Mchenry, IL
Facial skin is delicate, and acne prone skin is more sensitive than other types. The idea of a salicylic acid scrub is good in theory, but using ground up apricot kernels as the grit is where St. Ives took a wrong turn. Ground apricot kernel actually has very sharp, jagged edges, which can cause microscopic cuts and abrasions, allowing easier entry for bacteria--not the best thing for acne prone skin. Scrubs with smooth beads (like jojoba beads) are a better option, though any type of manual exfoliant has the potential to aggravate the skin which can lead to more breakouts.
Shara G.
Ontario, CA
While I was a long time user of this product, after using other (better) facial scrubs, I have noticed the flaws in this product. First of all, the grit in this is way to large for the face - meaning that it won't be able to penetrate and remove anything from your pores. As for wiping away the dead skin, it's too harsh to leave your face smooth, but rather will leave it half scrubbed half stripped. This formula also leaves behind a film as well - if it weren't for that, I would recommend it as a body scrub.
Mary D.
Smithtown, NY
I've always wanted to give this a product a try, that being said, i was absolutely elated to receive it in this months box! used it the day i received it and i have yet to be disappointed. my face has cleared up so very quickly, and i love the feeling on my face as well as the sweet aroma of apricot! Highly recommend, I'll definitely be trying more jergins products.
Michelle F.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
This is by far one of my favorite exfoliate facial scrubs. You can actually feel the little beads lather around your face. I love to use this on days that I tend to have a lot of acne and when it looks a little red. It smells just like apricots and it is a wonderful smell. I have been using this scrub for years now. I’m always repurchasing this scrub. It’s very cheap compared to other exfoliate facial scrubs. I buy mines at Walmart for like $3.27 and this last me for like three months because I don’t use this every day.
Ashlyn G.
This stuff is awesome. I've been using it for about 10 years now. Although they have changed their formula from when I first began using it (I personally prefer the originally formula) I still love the product. It is great for phone like me who has rough and dry skin. The grit of the scrub removes dead skin and exfoliates very well. It also has a nice apricot scent.
Melissa C.
Kyle, TX
I swear I always get those annoying blackheads no matter what I used or how I cleaned my face. Once using this product they started to actually disappear. Its amazing! I thought I would have to live with blackheads forever... A another great thing about this product is the fact its OIL FREE because my face gets really oily and I don't need products that would add to it.
Ashlee B.
Urbana, IL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I love this stuff. I use it a couple times a week. This is an oldie but a goodie. I don't think I'll ever use anything else to exfoliate. I have normal skin so I can use pretty much anything, but I love how my skin feels after using this. When I'm not using this, I'll use a cream cleanser. The bottle lasts forever and a little goes a long way. Definitely worth the money and the hype.
Hellen F.
Albuquerque, NM
I never looked at st. Ives twice, until one day my acne products just wasn't cutting it and I needed a fix asap. The first time I used it it felt kind of funny because it has little tiny beads in it but the smell was amazing. I began noticing a change and appearance on my face in the first week and I don't think I will switching products anytime soon. And I can't forget to mention that it's an affordable price.
Tiffany C.
Palmdale, CA
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
Adrienna V.
Tulsa, OK
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Misato S.
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Tamanna H.
Ashburn, VA
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
lizeth c.