BY ST. IVES #10 in Face Scrubs

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)

Usage:

3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.

4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.

5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.

• Do people use this on areas other than their faces?160 Answers
  • Can it be used on sensitive skin? 109 Answers
  • St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub I just started usi...9 Answers
Jerwin C.
Las Vegas, NV
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I usually purchase this product from my local Walmart store. It is inexpensive and works wonders with my oily, acne prone skin. Its light fragrance is not overpowering and smells nice & refreshing. I recommend only using a little amount of product because its creamy texture goes a long way. Let the micro beads do its job and gently scrub your face with circular motions using little pressure. This product not only leaves your face feeling smooth and clean but also refreshed. I would recommend this product to everyone battling oily, acne prone skin.
Shannon M.
Helps keep the pimples at bay for sure! Keeps my face soft and less oily. Gets all the excess make up off that my make up wipes miss. I get it at our local Walmart.
Chelsea J.
Charleston, WV
I really like this product. It was recommended to me by my dermatologist, and have been using it for several years now. It helps keep my skin clean, soft and clear.
Beth D.
Fairfield, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
This product should never be used daily. I know that when I used to buy it as a teen, they marketed it as a daily scrub. Very few physical exfoliants are appropriate as a daily scrub; crushed walnut shells are NOT one of those. Using this every day is very damaging to the skin. If you want to use this, use it at most three times a week (or every other day only morning OR night, not both, if that works better for you). It does, as others said, make a great body scrub. Try it to buff out keratosis pilaris (chicken skin) and get smoothr arms and legs.
Mona S.
El Paso
I've had this product for years and I still have enough! A little comes along way. Works very fast at little cost. I recommend this product to anyone with bad acne.
Jennifer S.
Tonawanda, NY
I remember purchasing this when I was younger and it came in a jar. I quickly learned that a little goes a long way and I found that I had the best results during the summer time when I would be outside, hot and or sweaty. I think the most important thing with this is to make sure to use a moisturizer. I think the product has a pleasant smell and thick consistency. I have never used this product everyday, but rather in addition with other cleansers that do not exfoliate.
Sammy C.
Paterson, NJ
So my grandmother left this at my house years ago for me to try, and ever since then, I have been repurchasing it. At one point, I started buying the CVS brand one because it was $3 cheaper. In my area, this scrub costs around $6. Recently a friend told me it isn't too great for your skin, it causes microtears. Look it up yourself. Also, many acne/blackhead products contain an ingredient that causes acne/blackheads again. This way, you keep buying their products assuming it works, because when you stop using it, that ingredient reacts and causes skin damage.
Dana R.
Spring Hill, FL
I am a Master Cosmetologist and work for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. We spend most of our days at the Spa picking Apricot pieces out of people's pores because consumers are over-scrubbing their faces! Over- use of this product will result in a total laser resurfacing procedure that is very painful and expensive! For the life of your skin, please, do not use this! Don't forget to tell your friends!
Belle A.
I used the product when I was young and it really helped keep my face clean and smooth. i stopped using it after a few years to try for a more natural approach to keeping my skin clean. I decided to go back after some changes to my skin and while it does a good job cleaning and making me feel fresh, the scrub seems to feel harsher than it use to and sometimes, i do not feel that it cleaned my skin thoroughly. Also, I heard of how it leaves small tears on your skin and that is a big no no for me so will probably stop using before I cause more damage to my face.
Megan D.
Kettering, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I had a recent medical procedure that left me with very sticky irritating residue all over my forehead and hair line along with an rather bad breakout across my forehead. I was frustrated and discouraged, so I went to the pharmacy to speak with the pharmacist about something that would not only help get the residue off, but also aid in clearing up the breakout because it was rather embarrassing. She recommended this product. It was awesome! After about three gentle scrubs, I was able to get the super sticky gooey residue off of my forehead and within 5 days the really bad breakout was cleared up nicely. I have nothing but praises for this product. I now keep this in my shower and use it twice a week or so as maintenance for my face.
Tiffany C.
Palmdale, CA
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
Adrienna V.
Tulsa, OK
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Misato S.
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Tamanna H.
Ashburn, VA
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
lizeth c.