BY ST. IVES #10 in Face Scrubs

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)

Usage:

3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.

4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.

5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.

• Do people use this on areas other than their faces?160 Answers
  • Can it be used on sensitive skin? 109 Answers
  • St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub I just started usi...9 Answers
Catherine P.
Ocean Springs, MS
I have used this for years, usually the equate brand, but both give the same results and feel. I love the scrub and it certainly helps keep my face clear vs me using mainstream acne products
Jamie M.
SHERMAN, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
whenever you start scrubing your skin with st. ives blemish control apricot scrub, number one...you feel like in a real spa, the smell is amazing and the results as you keep using it are really noticeable. its super accesible you can find it in any drugstore or walmart, its inexpensive and great
A friend recommended this to me about a year ago to clear my occasional blemishes. I used it here and there but it seemed to really dry my face out because I was using it with a topical acne medication that my doctor prescribed. Since I am not using that medicine right now, I tried using it again, and am really enjoying it. I use it every night and it has really softened and tightened my skin. The only down fall is the scrubbing beads can be a little harsh on my skin, so I have to be really careful not to press down with my fingers when applying it. But so far, so good. My cystic acne around my chin is starting to come to a head and marks are starting to fade!
Samantha S.
Detroit, Mi
Your skin might feel silky smooth, but lets face it, this stuff is like asking for bad skin. The granuals in this are not perfect sphere shaped, which means, you are giving your precious cargo micro tears all over it! Everyone sees your face so why not take care of it?! And the price?! You think quality products are that cheap? Invest a little in your skin!
Kayla M.
La Verne , CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I used to use this product all the time because my face has a lot of deep pores and I am extremely prone to getting blackheads. This product certainly does the trick, but only for a short while. It removed any dead skin which lasted a few days, and that was great, but my blackheads were only gone for the day. The scrub was also harsh on my skin, so I was not able to use it daily. I used it only once a week, lacking the results I had wanted. I ran out of my foot scrub and thought I would use the Apricot Scrub since it was rough on my face and it was perfect! It softened my calluses so much. I still purchase this product, but no longer for my face.
AJ W.
Virginia Bch, VA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I've used this multiple times and I still have it today! It works good the first couple of times but then I feel as I used it. I didn't see much of an improvement. It could definitely be better but the price is decent for an everyday wash!
Quinn G.
Worcester, MA
There are many reasons why this product is not good for your skin. First of all, the physical exfoliant -- the walnut shell powder -- in this product can create microtears in your skin, damaging its appearance and making it look dull. Second of all, the chemical exfoliant -- the salicylic acid, which is also known as BHA, or beta hydroxy acid -- present in this face wash would be good for your skin if it didn't only sit on it for thirty seconds and then get washed down the drain. For a chemical exfoliant to work, it has to be used as a leave-on product. Instead of using a harsh scrub like this, opt for a gentle, soap-free face wash and use a leave-on AHA or BHA exfoliant to remove dead skin cells and brighten your skin's appearance.
Joy N.
West Dennis, MA
St Ives products are usually on point but some times when you need extra clean I end up using other stuff. In a pinch though under 3 bucks you can get a decent facial scrub that does the job. It is not perfect. But it helps keep the discoloration I get from acne scarring at bay. It also does keep your skin moisturized and you don't feel stripped. However if you use foundation which I do . I feel like you wind up using other products to get the make up off first and then use it as a buffer at the end. So the overall product is great if you don't get many blemishes or acne and just need a basic skin polisher to remove your black heads.
Alexis D.
Colorado Springs, CO
This is still my go to exfoliate. It has a great price point and exfoliates my face great. I also use this on my legs and it makes my skin feel so smooth there and prevents ingrown hairs on my upper thighs.
Krista A.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I have sensitive skin, and I use this product when I get home from school/ work to keep my skin feeling fresh and clean from all the pollution outside.
I use this almost everyday as the bottle states you can use it about 2-3 times daily, depending on your skin care needs. However, since I have sensitive and acne prone skin I do have to use this product a lot in order to get the full benefits.
The reason why I rated this 4/5 stars is because I don't use it everyday, since I do tend to get a bit busy with school work and studying for finals, but I would still recommend buying this for any skin type, and the smell is absolutely lovely.
Tiffany C.
Palmdale, CA
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
Adrienna V.
Tulsa, OK
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Misato S.
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Tamanna H.
Ashburn, VA
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
lizeth c.