BY ST. IVES #10 in Face Scrubs

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)

Usage:

3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.

4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.

5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.

• Do people use this on areas other than their faces?160 Answers
  • Can it be used on sensitive skin? 109 Answers
  • St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub I just started usi...9 Answers
 Marissa C.
Have used this product for years and got my other family members hooked on it too! It is great and super effective. It is great for exfoliating and cleaning out your pores. I use it once or twice a week!
jessie c.
Crossett, AR
I love love love this face scrub! It exfoliates really well while not drying up the skin and irritating as many exfoliants do. It also smells great airbags a plus!
Melissa B.
I'm not sure if this product truly warrants as low a score as I've given it, because I had a fundamental misunderstanding of my skin type. As someone who is prone to pimples but has very dry skin (who knew?), this was actually a terrible choice for my skin. My face would both be broken out and flaky, and I chalked it up to cold weather. Sometimes even my pimples were flaky! I had no idea this could happen. As soon as I switched to a gentler, non-scrub face wash, my skin calmed down a lot.
Danielle H.
Orlando
Been using this product since high school. I love the way it smell and that it’s not too heavy on the face. I have really oily skin so it helps to eliminate that. Keeps skin fresh.
andrea t.
las vegas
4 stars solely based on staying power. If you haven't tried this in your lifetime, even once, then go out and buy it. Stop what you are doing right now and go buy it. Join modern society (1990s) and get some. And get some Snapple too while you're at it. They are in plastic bottles now. Ok back to St Ives. We've all tried it. If you're still reading this review you're here for the nostalgia. I think some straight men still use this somewhere. I don't know anymore. I'm not hip with it. It's too harsh for my face and I've heard that it can cause small tiny tears in skin and that just sounds bad. I don't need help with that. I do like to use it as a body scrub when I run out of my pretty smelling moisturizing one needed to prep for faux tans. That's it.
Brittany M.
I love the smell, but the scrub itself is pretty rough because it's using the apricot pit. So I am pretty careful to make sure I only gently rub it on my already wet face.
Leanna R.
Spencer, IN
My latex allergy has gone so out of control in causing other allergies that I literally had to buzz my waist-length hair off. Goat's milk soap from one specific maker is the ONLY soap I can use, and I have to use it as shampoo.

With that said, I am still able to use this face scrub. Quite frankly I should be reacting to it via hives or an asthma attack, but I'm not.

I've used St. Ives products for years as their products are natural and they understand that animal testing is unnecessary. Their scents are always pleasant yet never overwhelming, and that is the case with this product as well. It does the job, does it well, and doesn't break the pocketbook.
Carolyn S.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I used to use this once a week in middle school to try to get rid of blackheads, and I liked it. It sort of tickled. I liked the idea of using a natural abrasive. It is in sort of a lotion and it clogged my drains so what I had to do was rub it on my wet face, then take wet paper towel and wipe most of it off and throw it away before rinsing my face. But recently I read that products like these are way too jagged to be used to exfoliate your face and can cause little abrasions. So I am no longer interested in this product, and would rather find one with little "beads" to exfoliate instead. I would not recommend it -- you only get one face, why risk hurting it?
Melanie S.
Manchester, CT
I like this product and dislike it at the same time. While it does help to control my outbreaks and minimize any existing blemishes, it is a very abrasive product. I like a good scrub for my face but this seems to be a little harsher than others. Maybe it isn't "milled" completely? Either way, I do still use it at least 1x a week as I have seen a change in my skin (for the better). I am just not completely sold on the scrubbiness of this product, seems it could weaken the skin over time due to its abrasiveness.
Danielle L.
Coal City, IL
This face product is awesome. I have sensitive skin but I am very acne prone. This not only gets rid of all my dry skin but it also helps fight against acne. I got my product at Walmart and it was extremely affordable, I think I only paid around 3 dollars for the tube of it. It is all natural and sulfate free which is great too! The only thing with this exfoliator is that if you over use it, it can really be rough on your skin so try alternating other products into your routine with this.
Tiffany C.
Palmdale, CA
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
Adrienna V.
Tulsa, OK
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Misato S.
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Tamanna H.
Ashburn, VA
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
lizeth c.