St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub
Bye-bye, blemishes! We added salicylic acid to our signature apricot face scrub to help reduce breakouts and prevent acne. Crushed walnut shell powder leaves pores fresher than fresh for beautifully glowing skin.
Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)
Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glycol Stearate SE, Glycerin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Cetyl Acetate, Ceteareth-20, Carbomer, Polysorbate 60, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
1. Squeeze a dime sized amount of Acne Control Apricot Face Scrub onto your fingertips and massage onto damp skin.
2. Spread in small circular motions, applying gentle pressure to wake your skin’s natural circulation.
3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.
4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.
5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.see more...
Top Questions See all 6,745 Q&A
St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub
- "My skin is kind of sensitive and I've been using St.Ives for a while. I have never had any breakouts from this scrub. My skin is always sooth after using the scrub." in 2021 reviews
- "I know this scrub is the real deal because I got my fiancee, who has never used a face wash other than a bar of soap before, to use this stuff religiously everyday in the shower." in 561 reviews
- "I love this scrub,I use it for my face and sometimes my legs too.the microbeads help removing old dead skin and give you a fresh feeling" in 533 reviews
- "works great smells great and the texture its self is amazing works well to control my break outs use this in my daily routine " in 370 reviews
- "I don't use it every day because it tends to dry out my skin if I do, but I can definitely tell it helps to clear up my skin when I do use it!" in 265 reviews
I use this in the morning & at night everyday, it definitely works. You have to keep up with remembering to use it in the morning and at night for it to work. I would definitely buy this product again.
Although the harshness of this stuff really makes you feel like it is helping remove all of the dead skin from your face, it is really just that: pretty harsh. All of those sharp apricot pits in the scrub that are there to exfoliate are making tiny little scratches on your skin. I have used this scrub off and on for many years, until I saw my dermatologist about aging and irritated skin. I was only 25 when I did this, and I have very elastic skin. She suggested I use a less harsh exfoliating scrub (I use one with round jojoba beads instead of the jagged and sharp apricot pits) and maybe a brush or an exfoliating tool (I use a Clarisonic). My problems went away almost immediately. As clean as the St. Ives scrub make my skin FEEL, it was making it look pretty bad.
This scrub is the holy grail scrub. I recommend it to everyone and there are so many other kinds that I went into Walgreens and bought them all. I try to only use it in the shower for a deep face scrub because it is so drying. I will also only use it once or twice a week depends on how my life went. If you are going to use it often I recommend you use like argon oil afterwards or coconut oil to feed your skin. I also kind of hate using it so often cause I feel like I never really get the beads off my face and I'm paranoid about the affect those little beadies have on the environment. Other than that it is an amazing product so use it for sure but if you have dry skin be prepared to lather on a moisturizer right after don't even try to dry off you'll need that water.
i have used this product for so many years. it is affordable and leaves my skin so soft. it takes away my dry patches and if i follow up with moisturizer my skin is soft all day
My favorite thing about this product is the SCENT. I am in love with how good it smells. I also love how it reduces my breakouts and calms my acne. I have oily to combo skin and it works great for me!
This is a great exfoliater! I have used this several times on and off in the past. I love how this product does a great job of scrubbing my face to get the makeup as well as dead skin off. My skin is normally oily combination so with using this daily came out to be to much for me. I'm not fire if it's due to the bigger pieces of grit but I found that using it 1-2 times a week worked well for me. It has an awesome smell and I could buy this at my local Walmart for around $5
I've always used this scrub and love it. I go and try something else (with or with scrubbing abilities) and my face never feels as clean. A good staple to have, even to just use one a week for a good deep clean. If you have really dry skin, you may want to dry a gentler scrub.
Great for those with sensitive skin as it isn't drying, but definitely gives you a deep clean and gentle exfoliation. Perfect for creating a smooth pallet for applying makeup.
This stuff used to be the best exfoliate you could but in the drugstore . I’m not sure what they did when they changed the go Mika but it didn’t exfoliate the same way and it dries my skin out so bad .
I use St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub everyday in the shower. It does a great job of exfoliating my face. It feels a bit rough on your skin so I wouldn't recommend it if you have sensitive skin.
Q & A
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
I know it's a scrub and it smells good but does the little particles hurt your skin?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos