BY ST. IVES #10 in Face Scrubs

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)

Usage:

3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.

4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.

5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.

• Do people use this on areas other than their faces?160 Answers
  • Can it be used on sensitive skin? 109 Answers
  • St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub I just started usi...9 Answers
Beatriz G.
Lafayette, IN
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
St Ive’s facial cleanser smells pretty good. I have combination skin and it did not work too well for me. I think this product could work for those with different skin types. I would not purchase, however, because of my skin type.
Dream R.
Raleigh , NC
Best scrub for blemishes in my opinion. Don’t use too often or you’ll get more breakouts but I would say this product is for most skin types. If you have oily skin like me this helps balance things out.
Chrissy H.
Dayton
I got this product to help with blackheads and it did. The price is very affordable for its value. The product worked very well and did what it said. The smell was nice too. I would purchase this again.
Diana R.
Akron, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I love this stuff. It makes me skin dude soft. It is a little ruff because it has dried apricot in it but it’s a scrub, it’s supposed to be. I use this twice a week. Clears my pores. This is very inexpensive, so everyone should have it.
Sarah K.
Petersburg
I used to use this all the time because I had problem skin.. like bad acne and dryness. Little did I know this product was causing a lot of my acne and dryness. I quit using for a week because I ran out and my skin started to get better just using ghb a milk based cleanser. I looked into it and found out that cleansers like this actually cause tiny cuts in the skin and therefore can contribute to acne by letting all kinds of bacteria in. I would not reccomend.
Karen O.
This is a REAL scrub. It gives a clear difference in texture of the skin before and after use everytime as it truly exfoliates the deadskin after one use. To maximize the affect i place my face over steaming hot water with droplets of tea tree essential oil or place a hot towel infused with tea tree essential oil on my face for about 2 mins then exfoliate with this! It has dramatically reduced my acne scars and acne while revealing new clear skin.
Prizzilla G.
Wahiawa, HI
The worst product for your face! I found this to be extremely harsh on my skin and it would flare up my breakouts even more. I’ve spoken to multiple estheticians who advise against the use of this scrub on your face because the “beads” are from walnut shells and since they are not perfectly even in size and shape, they create tiny tears in your skin that can damage and even cause an infection in your skin. If you have this, just use it as a foot scrub.
Divya S.
Edison, NJ
Using St. Ives scrubs was the worst thing I ever did to my skin. I have mild rosacea and eczema, so my skin is already acne and dryness prone. This and any other St Ives scrub I've tried has just made my skin worse, so I've been annoyed by the fact that St Ives scrubs are promoted so much to help with acne. I know people though who have used St Ives scrubs and said they don't have any issues with it, so I guess it depends on skin type/condition.
Dayshia T.
I started using this product and absolutely loved the results it gave my acne started clearing up immediately. I had never tried something that worked so fast. I did find that it dried my skin out quite a bit so i started using it once a week instead of every day and use a Clearasil face wash for every day use and both products on my skin has done me tremendous favors. For once my face doesn't look like a pepperoni pizza. This is a must have for me.
Paola L.
El Paso , TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I don’t love the scent of this, but aside from that it’s a good scrub. The consistency is not gel like but more like a mix of lotion and gel? That I don’t like either. But it does exfoliate nicely enough and leaves a clean feeling.
Tiffany C.
Palmdale, CA
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
Adrienna V.
Tulsa, OK
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Misato S.
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Tamanna H.
Ashburn, VA
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
lizeth c.