BY ST. IVES #10 in Face Scrubs

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)

Usage:

3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.

4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.

5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.

• Do people use this on areas other than their faces?160 Answers
  • Can it be used on sensitive skin? 109 Answers
  • St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub I just started usi...9 Answers
Jenna B.
Indianapolis, IN
I find my self coming back to purchase this cleanser time after time.  I'm not sure it's the best cleanser for my face as I think it causes my face to be a little more oily than normal which can be a bit disappointing.  I was hoping it would stop the reoccurrence of blackheads on my face but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Elena P.
Kalamazoo, MI
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I really like this facial scrub. The beads in it are noticeable yet gentle on my sensitive skin. The smell is good and even though I don't have acne prone skin I get random pimples from time to time, and this is helping to prevent them. I use it inside the shower and it leaves my skin feeling so clean and refreshed. It is very affordable and easy to find at every drugstore. Definitely recommend and I will keep repurchasing it.
Alex L.
Mayfield, KY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I use this scrub in the shower around all breakout-prone areas (face, neck, back) and it does a great job of exfoliating and preventing new blemishes from showing up. I have been using it for years because of its natural ingredients and good scent. Would recommend!
Emily P.
Roxbury Xing, MA
I really liked the texture to this product. I've found that cream facial products work best for my dry skin. The "scrub" part of this product is kind of chunky. The smell is really good and probably the favorite feature of this product. I would probably go with a different product if you need a deep exfoliation, but this is nice for a casual weekly exfoliation. It's nothing super special, just a very average product.
Caily M.
Bridgeport, CT
I think at this point I can say that I've been using this for most of my life.  No matter what high end products I try this will forever by my holy grail.  Nothing makes my face feel cleaner, softer, smoother, you name it. They also have a new one that is green tea for redness and black heads that has less of a grit and that is great as well.  But this one overall is the best!
Margeaux P.
I can't hate this product, but it is nothing special. I find it to be a little rough as an exfoliant. There are certainly better, and less harsh, exfoliating face washes out there that won't leave your face feeling so cut up. I used if for years as a teenager but now that I am in my 20's I prefer a more high quality exfoliant.
Shelbie P.
Azusa, CA
This is a terrible product that I used my freshman year of college.  I have extremely sensitive skin and it is way too harsh on the skin.  It would leave my face bright red afterwards.  I am not allergic to apricots but it was not good at all for my face.  I would not recommend to anyone with dry or sensitive skin.
Tyanne B.
Philadelphia , PA
This is a really good scrub to use on your face to really get it clean. It helps to open up your pores and to really get all dirt out of your skin prior to using a toner and moisturizer. It does this yet it is a gental scrub. It is recommended to use 3 times a week but I use it once a day and my skin has still continued to flourish!
Kerri M.
After learning that this scrub is actually bad for your facial skin, I stopped using it. It can actually create micro tears, which will make your pores look even bigger. I now have huge pores, and I’m sure using this for many years has helped that. I do, however, still like to use it for my legs right before I shave. It helps get rid of ingrown hairs, and will make my shave a lot smoother.
Katie M.
Portland, OR
I used to love this scrub until I realize how overly harsh it is to the skin. I don’t think it’s necessary to have such big pieces of apricot that can be sharply edged to exfoliate. I find finer or softer exfoliants to be more ideal especially if you have large pores or are prone to scarring and pigmentation like myself. I do like the scent and it doesn’t prevent breakouts due to the salicylic acid, but I will not repurchase.
Tiffany C.
Palmdale, CA
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
Adrienna V.
Tulsa, OK
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Misato S.
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Tamanna H.
Ashburn, VA
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
lizeth c.