St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub
Bye-bye, blemishes! We added salicylic acid to our signature apricot face scrub to help reduce breakouts and prevent acne. Crushed walnut shell powder leaves pores fresher than fresh for beautifully glowing skin.
Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)
Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glycol Stearate SE, Glycerin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Cetyl Acetate, Ceteareth-20, Carbomer, Polysorbate 60, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
1. Squeeze a dime sized amount of Acne Control Apricot Face Scrub onto your fingertips and massage onto damp skin.
2. Spread in small circular motions, applying gentle pressure to wake your skin’s natural circulation.
3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.
4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.
5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.see more...
Top Questions See all 6,744 Q&A
St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub
- "My skin is kind of sensitive and I've been using St.Ives for a while. I have never had any breakouts from this scrub. My skin is always sooth after using the scrub." in 2021 reviews
- "I know this scrub is the real deal because I got my fiancee, who has never used a face wash other than a bar of soap before, to use this stuff religiously everyday in the shower." in 561 reviews
- "I love this scrub,I use it for my face and sometimes my legs too.the microbeads help removing old dead skin and give you a fresh feeling" in 533 reviews
- "works great smells great and the texture its self is amazing works well to control my break outs use this in my daily routine " in 370 reviews
- "I don't use it every day because it tends to dry out my skin if I do, but I can definitely tell it helps to clear up my skin when I do use it!" in 265 reviews
I find my self coming back to purchase this cleanser time after time. I'm not sure it's the best cleanser for my face as I think it causes my face to be a little more oily than normal which can be a bit disappointing. I was hoping it would stop the reoccurrence of blackheads on my face but that doesn't seem to be the case.
I really like this facial scrub. The beads in it are noticeable yet gentle on my sensitive skin. The smell is good and even though I don't have acne prone skin I get random pimples from time to time, and this is helping to prevent them. I use it inside the shower and it leaves my skin feeling so clean and refreshed. It is very affordable and easy to find at every drugstore. Definitely recommend and I will keep repurchasing it.
I use this scrub in the shower around all breakout-prone areas (face, neck, back) and it does a great job of exfoliating and preventing new blemishes from showing up. I have been using it for years because of its natural ingredients and good scent. Would recommend!
I really liked the texture to this product. I've found that cream facial products work best for my dry skin. The "scrub" part of this product is kind of chunky. The smell is really good and probably the favorite feature of this product. I would probably go with a different product if you need a deep exfoliation, but this is nice for a casual weekly exfoliation. It's nothing super special, just a very average product.
I think at this point I can say that I've been using this for most of my life. No matter what high end products I try this will forever by my holy grail. Nothing makes my face feel cleaner, softer, smoother, you name it. They also have a new one that is green tea for redness and black heads that has less of a grit and that is great as well. But this one overall is the best!
I can't hate this product, but it is nothing special. I find it to be a little rough as an exfoliant. There are certainly better, and less harsh, exfoliating face washes out there that won't leave your face feeling so cut up. I used if for years as a teenager but now that I am in my 20's I prefer a more high quality exfoliant.
This is a terrible product that I used my freshman year of college. I have extremely sensitive skin and it is way too harsh on the skin. It would leave my face bright red afterwards. I am not allergic to apricots but it was not good at all for my face. I would not recommend to anyone with dry or sensitive skin.
This is a really good scrub to use on your face to really get it clean. It helps to open up your pores and to really get all dirt out of your skin prior to using a toner and moisturizer. It does this yet it is a gental scrub. It is recommended to use 3 times a week but I use it once a day and my skin has still continued to flourish!
After learning that this scrub is actually bad for your facial skin, I stopped using it. It can actually create micro tears, which will make your pores look even bigger. I now have huge pores, and I’m sure using this for many years has helped that. I do, however, still like to use it for my legs right before I shave. It helps get rid of ingrown hairs, and will make my shave a lot smoother.
I used to love this scrub until I realize how overly harsh it is to the skin. I don’t think it’s necessary to have such big pieces of apricot that can be sharply edged to exfoliate. I find finer or softer exfoliants to be more ideal especially if you have large pores or are prone to scarring and pigmentation like myself. I do like the scent and it doesn’t prevent breakouts due to the salicylic acid, but I will not repurchase.
Q & A
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
I know it's a scrub and it smells good but does the little particles hurt your skin?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos