BY ST. IVES #10 in Face Scrubs

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)

Usage:

3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.

4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.

5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.

• Do people use this on areas other than their faces?160 Answers
  • Can it be used on sensitive skin? 109 Answers
  • St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub I just started usi...9 Answers
Megan E.
Clio, MI
While I loved the way this made my skin feel, (I only used it every 3 days) I quit using it immediately after speaking with a dermatologist. The exfoliating agent is actually crushed walnut shells, and with how tough and sharp the shells are, every time you use this, it creates micro-abrasions in your skin. This ended up being the reason why my cheeks and nose would get red, which stopped after I stopped using his product.
Faiza N.
Skokie, IL
Initially this product is great for exfoliating however for me personally it is too harsh for my skin. My skin got so dried out I started developing dry patches, my makeup would look horrible. I also broke out like crazy, I couldn't figure out what the reason was but once I stopped using this my skin went back to normal. I guess it just wasn't the product for me
Angel H.
Des Moines, IA
I really like the St. Ives Apricot Scrub and it exfoliates my face very nicely. The down side is it is very drying. I have to use a thick moisture cream on my face the night I use it or my face feels to dry. I do still use it about once a week to help exfoliate but I would not recommend using it more than that
Taylor D.
huntertown
I use this scrub 1-2 times a week between my facial cleanser. It makes my skin smooth and really works at exfoliating. I don’t use it every day because it is a little rough but I don’t go a week without it!
Erica S.
Bostic, NC
This product smells amazing, that's one of the only things good about this scrub in my opinion. Maybe it is because of my dry skin, but this product left my skin irritated, red, and dryer that when I started. I expected this to make my skin a little more red than normal, but I did not expected it to make my skin as dry as it did. I would not recommend for dry skin, maybe if you have combination or oily this will work out for you.
MissAlly S.
Westchester, IL
!!!!!!! I love Love LOVE this scrub!!!! I've used it for several years now!!!!! It never over drys the skin. It's so easy to use!
When you get in the shower
1) rinse your face with warm water.
2) apply a generous amount of product in little circles with the pads of your fingers to your face, neck& chest area (if you desire. .. I do because it stimulates cell renewal annnnnnd it makes my makeup look better honey!!!) for a minute or two. BE GENTLE! (Only you know what amount of pressure is tolerable for YOUR SKIN)
3)LEAVE IT!!!! Leave it on while you bathe the rest of your body.
4) When you're ready to rinse your body RINSE YOUR FACE OFF 1st...then proceed to the rest.

I recommend applying a natural moisturizer to your still wet face IF YOU NEED IT. (I ONLY NEED IT IN THE WINTER)

ANNNNND just like that you're fresh faced & radiant.

If you have bad breakouts I'd advise that you take extra care to be GENTLE & KEEP YOUR FACE CLEAN ( as your blemishes can become infected especially once it's been broken. ... )
This is a heavier scrub so I don't recommend using it more than 2x a week. ... I use it every 10-15 days. ...

Happy scrubbing!!!!
Abby F.
San Francisco, CA
This product definitely does a great job at clearing up my skin.

BUT, this product contains pieces of apricot shells, which are jagged and cause micro-abrasions.

Will it clear up your skin? YES! Is it worth the damage that it does to your face? Not to me.
Olivia G.
Lucedale, MS
Been using for over a year now and will continue to use. I have sensitive, oily skin as well as acne. Most scrubs irritate and dry out my skin, but this doesn't. It's deeply cleans and calms down and helps clear my breakouts as well as reduce oil without completely stripping and drying out my face. I use it twice a week and love it. Plus the price is great!
Alisha K.
Philadelphia, PA
I don't use this as much as I should but when I do it works wonders! Sometimes I get the feeling my face just needs a good scrubbing. Once I use St. Ives my face feels like new. It helps with blemishes too because I notice when I don't use it for a while I start to break out. The smell also a plus if you like the fresh citrus smell!
Hannah M.
Glenside , PA
One of my favorite fave washes! It's got nice packaging and it's a good value. It's a bit rough because of the exfoliating components in it, however it's highly effective and it made my skin flawless. I'd recommend trying if you don't have sensitive skin.
Tiffany C.
Palmdale, CA
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
Adrienna V.
Tulsa, OK
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Misato S.
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Tamanna H.
Ashburn, VA
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
lizeth c.