BY ST. IVES #10 in Face Scrubs

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)

Usage:

3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.

4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.

5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.

• Do people use this on areas other than their faces?160 Answers
  • Can it be used on sensitive skin? 109 Answers
  • St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub I just started usi...9 Answers
Niaz P.
Atlanta, GA
I personally LOVE this face scrub. It makes any of my acne disappear and my skin appear radiant. The best part is that I can buy it at any drug store. Some people don't like this scrub because they say it causes micro tears, but I think it works spectacularly on skin and is a nice exfoliator. I get the giant tub of this product and I always use it to until the very bottom of the container.
kika g.
Edinburg, TX
me encanta este exfoliador , huele riquisimo, deja tu cara limpiecia , y efectivo , su precio es accesible , lo utilizo para exfoliar mi cara , hasta lo utiliza mi esposo o sea que es unisex , lo he comprado varias veces y cumple su cometido , creo yo que es para todo tipo de piel.
Jakara R.
Sacramento, CA
I really loved this product. I first used it at a sleepover I had my freshman year when we did facials. It smells incredible and really helped to clear the dead skin off my face and leave it feeling soft. If you have dry skin at all, I definitely recommend following up with a moisturizer because it can get a little dry afterwards.
Jessica K.
Bowling Green, KY
I have been using this scrub ever since I can remember. I have always loved how intense the exfoliation is, but recently I went to a dermatologist who told me not to use this anymore. The particles that exfoliate your skin are too aggressive and can actually damage your skin. Pretty disappointing since I have loved this product for a while, but now I just use it as an all over body exfoliator!
Sarina F.
North Las Vegas
I love this scrub, I use it for my face.the microbeads help to remove old dead skin and gives you a fresh feeling works great smells great and the texture itself is amazing works well to control my break outs use this in my daily routine. This is a wonderful product and I recommend it for people with sensitive skin as it doesn't irritate the face like many other products.
Lauren L.
Nashville, TN
This product is a no go for sensitive skin. The scrubbing beads are really grainy so if you're using a retina or any topical product for your face that makes it more sensitive I would recommend something calmer. When I used to use this product I used to feel like I was rubbing my face raw. If you have normal or thicker skin then this product is great for getting rid of those dead layers.
Destiny C.
I bought this product out of curiosity when I was at Walmart one day. The price was right and I'm always looking for exfoliating products. I wasn't too pleased with it. The price was right and it smelled good, but I wasn't impressed. It left my skin really dry and, I felt like it didn't really do much for my skin. Maybe I got a bad batch, maybe I didn't but I won't be buying it again
Scarves &.
Charlotte, NC
This is the best exfoliator on the market! At just under $5 this product is a must have anyone who has experienced acne! The smell is very pleasant and the beads are about the size of a grain of sand. After using the product on my face it feels very clean and I can always notice a difference for at least 1-2 days after! It decreases acne and reduces redness as well. Great product for sure!
Caitlin M.
Bahama, NC
It makes me so upset when I see this product getting good reviews. PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH - THIS SCRUB IS DESTROYING YOUR FACE. You are rubbing your face raw, the granules in it are jagged, which makes the product scratch, not exfoliate your skin. When your skin is scratched it has grooves in it, which is the perfect place for bacteria to clot. When this happens, it can make you even more prone to blemishes.

Sometimes, however, people find that their skin looks ""glowing and beautiful"". The reason their skin is "glowing" is because they have removed a protective layer of skin from their face and the skin that is showing through is not developed fully. This skin is very vulnerable and is not ready to be exposed. The reason they don't have a problem with blemishes is because they over exfoliate, and as they use the product, they scratch the dirt and bacteria out of the grooves as well as damage their skin once again.

You're probably thinking that doesn't sounds so bad. So what if you have over exfoliated skin? If it's glowing and blemish-free you're happy, right? Wrong. While you may not be experiencing problems yet, much worse could be to come.

So, if you want to take the chance, sure, go ahead. But in the long run it can cause SERIOUS damage to your face. Even if you don't get a cyst or something more serious, other problems can occur too (ie. premature wrinkles, discolouration after continued use). It is best to use an exfoliant with smooth, round microbeads (sometimes even a facecloth is enough) and leave the St. Ive's Scrub for your body, as they actually have a wonderful body wash.
Sandra K.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
There was nothing wrong with this product; it just wasn't great. The fragrance is lovely and while the product did exfoliate my skin, I felt that the particles in the scrub were too rough and harsh. I didn't notice a huge difference/improvement in my skin. There are other scrubs/exfoliants that I've tried within the same price range that are much more effective. I will not be repurchasing.
Tiffany C.
Palmdale, CA
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
Adrienna V.
Tulsa, OK
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Misato S.
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Tamanna H.
Ashburn, VA
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
lizeth c.