BY ST. IVES #10 in Face Scrubs

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)

Usage:

3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.

4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.

5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.

• Do people use this on areas other than their faces?160 Answers
  • Can it be used on sensitive skin? 109 Answers
  • St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub I just started usi...9 Answers
Jillian G.
Smell is wonderful and price wise it does not break the bank. I have found that the beads in the product are not exfoliating enough and I do not like the foam/soap effect that I get when I wash my face. I have used this as a face wash and a mask and the face wash purpose is the best. When I wear a product as a mask I expect it to come off in a pealing fashion, not soap up and bubble over my face and into my eyes!
annalisa n.
As of lately my skin has been breaking out really bad. I thought I would use this to help get tame it and remove some of my dry skin. It didn't clear up my skin at all unfortunately but the scrub part did help to remove my dead skin which was nice. Didn't leave my skin feeling any softer than normal.
Elizabeth H.
Philadelphia, PA
I used to use this product everyday on my face because it made my face feel smooth, clean, and clear! Unfortunately, after doing some research on it, the long term effects aren't worth it. You know those lovely 'natural' exfoliants in it that make your face feel so smooth? Yeah, not so lovely. Long story short, it actually damages your skin. Imagine tiny, tiny, tiiiiiiiny shards of glass being rubbed against your skin. Sure, it may exfoliate it, but how far is too far? These exfoliants tear at your skin, and although it's not noticeable now, you will regret your love for this product years down the line.

I had a really tough time parting with it because it really does work, initially. However, I found some AMAZING products that, in my opinion, are even better (and they are better for your skin!).

On a budget? Try Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser. It's amazing. The pineapple enzymes do numbers on your skin, leaving it glowing and rejuvenated (great for young or aged skin). Plus, it exfoliates your skin, giving you that good, clean feeling (no matter what), and it smells GREAT! This is about $10 (or more, depending on size), and it can be found nearly anywhere: Target, Walmart, Ulta, drug stores, etc.

Want to splurge a little? Try Lush's Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub. We all love Lush, right? Right! This little beauty scrubs away, leaving your skin feeling fresh and new. I use it every other day on my face, and I rarely get any breakouts. I've seen people with acne use this (along with some moisturizers) and clear up so fast. PLUS, you can also use this scrub on your body....i.e. backne be gone! This product is a religious experience, and I HIGHLY recommend it! It's about $22 for the smaller size, and you can get it on LUSH's website or at any of their stores.

Anyway, PLEASE consider either not buying this product or, for those of you who already have it, switching to something that will make your skin happy!
allison b.
San Jose, CA
I've used this scrub for years. It always lasts a long time and immediately clears up any breakouts on my shoulders. You can often find them on sale at places like target and sometimes it will even bundle a small and big one so you'll have one for the shower and one for the bathroom counter.
Michelle W.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Love this product! I use it daily for an exfoliator and a cleanser. I know it works like a charm because when I went a week without it my skin said ... I don't think so! Deep cleans and keeps the dry skin at bay. The cleansers with the rounded beads don't cut it. I need something with a bit more stamina that actually does the work. The smell is mild and doesn't bother me. The price point is good. I tried the off store brand and I couldn't stand the cheaper ones strong smell.
Manda p.
House Springs, MO
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
First acne product I ever used, and I still ten years later use it! I love how exfoliating it is without being too rough. The smell is fantastic, as is the price. This is a favorite in my house hold. I have extremely sensitive skin and my skin has never reacted badly to this product in any way.
Mai T.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I loved this product at first but as I get used to it, it doesn't work for me anymore. I don't know why, probably because my skin is always changing and stuff. I start getting one or two acne pimple and I don't know if it's this product because I didn't use makeup or anything else the past week. I'm sad to say I have to let this product go and search for a new one. It's one of the best tho, and the price is amazing!
Heanderlynn H.
I have been using this product on and off for the past few years. From time to time a pimple or two might pop up, and this product helps them to disappear without leaving a mark. Also, when I use this product on a daily basis, it brightens my face. Over time I realized that my blemish disappear even if I don't use it as often as I should. I replace this product every few months, and it is not expensive.
Rayven S.
Kent, OH
This is my favorite scrub/cleanser. It's gentle on my skin and doesn't dry it out or leave little beads behind. It's a great price, cheaper than many cleansers, and it lasts a while since you really don't need much. It's not too thick or runny, so it's perfect for a quick wash and rinse off.i use this product on my face a couple times a week and under my arms when I have stubborn deodorant left behind.
Hannah S.
Harts, WV
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I received mine in a previous voxbox free for testing purposes. All opinions are my own.

Personally, I loved this scrub, it's my favorite and it was never rough on my face and I never broke out. I love that it's a scrub instead of like the typical facial cleanser. You can buy it at Walmart for like $3.
Tiffany C.
Palmdale, CA
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
Adrienna V.
Tulsa, OK
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Misato S.
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Tamanna H.
Ashburn, VA
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
lizeth c.