St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)

Usage:

3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.

4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.

5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.

¿este exfoliante ayuda a piel grasa?
Is St Ives good for acne prone skin?
Is this scrub OK for sensitive skin?
Start your review of St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub!
Product Highlights
“My skin is kind of sensitive and I've been using St.Ives for a while. I have never had any breakouts from this scrub. My skin is always sooth after using the scrub.” in reviews
“I know this scrub is the real deal because I got my fiancee, who has never used a face wash other than a bar of soap before, to use this stuff religiously everyday in the shower.” in reviews
“I love this scrub,I use it for my face and sometimes my legs too.the microbeads help removing old dead skin and give you a fresh feeling” in reviews
“works great smells great and the texture its self is amazing works well to control my break outs use this in my daily routine ” in reviews
“I don't use it every day because it tends to dry out my skin if I do, but I can definitely tell it helps to clear up my skin when I do use it!” in reviews
Muncie, IN
Purchased at: CVS
I would rate this less than one star if I could. Do not get this scrub!!!!! It is so harsh on your skin and I know that at first it seems like it’s getting clearer but that’s because some of the other active ingredients promote clear skin. This scrub uses crushed walnuts, and they’re not smooth so when you use this the walnuts end up scratching your skin and leaving micro abrasions. It can lead to bacteria getting in your skin and really messing you up. Face scrubs in general just aren’t that great for you. There is tons of research on all of this and there was even a lawsuit filed against St. Ives over this exact product because of the negative affects it can have on your skin. I tried it a couple of times when the hype was really up there and it just feels super harsh too. Skip the scrub, there are so many better things for your skin. Find a really face wash, I use CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser was and some serum with hyaluronic acid in it like [product:the-ordinary-hyaluronic-acid-2%-b5]. It will do so much more for your skin then products like this. These are only what I use, there’s tons of other stuff out there!!
Fort Collins , CO
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Purchased at: Target
This should never be used on your face, it is so harsh and abrasive with huge hunks of sharp pieces in the cream that tear your skin up. I have horrible scars on my face from using this product and thinking I needed to remove dead skin with this. Well, it actually was damaging my skin so much my skin developed a layer of thick dry skin to protect itself from this product. I went in to an esthetician to see what was going on and she showed me my skin under a magnifying glass with huge slices and chunks taken out and dried micro drops of blood. When I discontinued use my skin healed but will never be able to completely get rid of the scars and enlarged pores I have from this product. I wouldn’t even use this on my feet, as I cannot believe a company would be so greedy to make a cheap product and advertise it for safe use on peoples faces when they know the scrub is so rough.
Dallas
I really wanted to like this exfoliating scrub but it didn’t work out for me or my husband (we have different skin types - I have skin that gets oily in the t-zones (but it used to be extremely dry in the past) and he has normal skin that gets oily sometimes. I give it 2 stars instead of 1 because I really liked the exfoliating property. I liked the texture and the way I felt like it was effective with its exfoliation when I used it. It made my skin fresh and smooth. The downside was that it broke both of us out. It broke my husband out right away and it took a week or so to make me break out. I know it was the wash because it was the only thing that changed in my routine and my skin is clear at all times generally unless it has a bad reaction to a product. Wish it worked out for me but unfortunately it didn’t. 🙁St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub
Decatur
This product is something I use on a regular basis. It’s extremely important for me to exfoliate, especially after wearing a full face of makeup. Makeup gets deep in your pores and because of things such as sweating, free radicals, pollution and other things, it’s so important to scrub that dead skin and dirt off your face. I normally use this product 2-3 times a week. However, I do use it more when needed. I never use this product by itself! A little trick I’ve learned is that I will use the Apricot Scrub with a cleanser. In doing that you’re getting your face cleaned and getting the exfoliating your skin needs. My skin type isn’t sensitive, but around my nose area I use my fingers to work this scrub in, on my chin, cheeks and forehead, I use my palms. If your skin is sensitive, I’d suggest being very gentle!
Phoenix, AZ
Purchased at: Target
Absolutely would recommend to everyone and anyone who has acne. I had severe acne that I could not get rid of even after using so many face washes. I gave every face wash I used about a month before I called it quits, and my skin did not feel any better. I began using this over a year ago, and I still buy it! It has cleared my skin so much, and does not tear/irritate my face at all!! I only use it about 3 times a week because it can dry out your skin, and very little can go a long way. I use a pea size amount for my whole face and has lasted me a good 7 months. This is my go-to and absolutely favorite face wash of all time and I won’t buy any other one! Here is a before and after to show you!
Florence , KY
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS! I cannot express how many people’s skin I’ve had to fix after they’ve damaged their skin barrier!!! Even though they’ve reformulated it or you’ve used this for awhile and it’s been good to your skin.. LOL, go see an esthetician because i’m 100% sure your skin is impaired. We all know the apricots bone are cut into tiny micro pieces and that’s what your scrubbing on your face! Again, take care of your skin that is what represents us everyday!!!! i would save that $3 you spent on this crap product and invest in something that’ll benefit and change the way you look at your skin!
Roselle , IL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I don’t know why this product is still on the market it’s been out for forever and it is really not good it has bad ingredients beaks you out and does not live up to its claims yes you feel like your skin is tight right after yours but if anything it’s just dried you out I don’t recommend it for dry skin or anyone for that it is not worth the price because it does very little only thing that’s good is it has a nice convenient packaging they really should work on improving Products would be nice to see something from the drugstore that is actually a good exfoliate her
Oceanside
You know that energized, invigorated feeling you get after your first sip of coffee in the morning? Imagine that but for your face. This coffee cleanser facial scrub uses real organic coffee beans to exfoliate your skin, boost circulation, reduce inflammation, and deliver skin-renewing, anti-aging antioxidants in the places you need them most. It also contains finely-ground apricot seeds to gently buff away blackheads and dullness while leaving your face smelling refreshingly floral. Incorporate this into your morning skincare routine to start the day right.
duluth
This product works great to get the dead skin off and smooth my face out, but I have also heard things about the small particles that help the exfoliation in this product can clog your pores. I personally have struggled with acne all my life so it is hard for me to say that it caused breakouts, but I definitely pick other St. Ives products over this one. One that I really enjoy is the [product:st.-ives-soft-skin-avocado-&-honey-scrub]. It still gets all the dead skin off, but isn’t as abrasive and the granules in the product are a lot smaller.
Glencoe, AL
St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub uploaded by Madalin G.
I absolutely love this product! I use this while I’m in the shower before I use my Mario Badescu products. It’s great for your back, shoulders, chest and face. The scrub does have the beads in it and I love it. It has cleared up my back and chest. I definitely recommend this product!

833 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Worcester , MA
il y a 17 jours
What do you guys think about St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub, I've been meaning to purchase it but I'm not quite sure wether to get it or not.