BY ST. IVES #3 in Face Scrubs

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2.0%)

Usage:

3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose.

4. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.

5. Use 3 to 4 times a week (depending on skin) for best results.

• Do people use this on areas other than their faces?156 Answers
  • Can it be used on sensitive skin? 108 Answers
Deirdre C.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I have been using this product for about a month now and it has become one of my very favorite exfoliating scrubs I have ever used. I have combination acne prone skin. My forehead, skin in my eyebrows, and around my nose usually gets very flaky, while my chin, jawline and t-zone gets oily. I get the most acne on my chin, jawline, and t-zone, but I get some minor blemishes along my forehead.

The scrub has decreased my acne, and acne spots quite a bit the last month, my skin feels very soft, and whenever I use it my acne that I have at the time of using it shrinks half its size automatically.

I use this scrub twice to three times a week at most because it is pretty aggressive. I use it in the evening before bed, follow up with  Dickinson’s Enhanced Witch Hazel Hydrating Toner which I let soak into my face for 10-20 minutes. Then I use  POND's Facial Moisturizers Crema S on my forehead, cheeks, and nose, and  Burt's Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream on my chin and jawline. I then cover my face in a thin layer of  Vaseline® Jelly Original to creative a barrier and hold the moisture in.

Maies A.
Little Rock
ACNE SCARS AND BREAKOUT BEGONE!
So I tried this product 3 years ago and I use it everyday with no other product( meaning face wash). I just started using Mariobadsec Rose Water(toner). I have acne sensitive skin,oily, dairy hating skin. I meaning I use to have breakouts, acne scars and if my face don't like a product it will tell me in an hr. This stuff is amazing, some people cant not use it because of the Saclicyic acid, but my skin loves it. I can't use proactive, because of the different acid called Glyolic acid which my skin hates and will break out in puss filled pimples. I went to Ulta and they explained the different acids in acne products.

PS: You can use it on your back for acne to and make your blemishes smaller! PS: They did change the product ingredients around in Dec 2017( some are moved up and some down the list) I am assuming for new marketing purposes but so far my skin likes it still
Emily N.
So I heard about this mist awhile back when a lot of youtubers where raving about it. I was a bit shocked because it was my first time hearing about this brand. So I decided to go to ulta an ask one of the ladies (such a nice person btw) and I asked her for good setting sprays she told me a bunch a very expensive setting sprays that I’ve already heard about. So then I told her I wanted something that was some what inexpensive but still worked great. She brought me around all the way to the skincare side of the store and showed me the Mario Badescu SkinCare Mist. And she told that she used this every single day and she could not go without it. She said it was ahhh a great setting spray but as well skincare mist. I super shocked but I decided to buy it and I used it over and over and became seriously in love. It gave my face such a natural and refreshed looked throughout the hours of makeup I had it on for. And it also because part of my skincare routine for that glowy and poreless look.
Brittney C.
Marion, AL
I have used this product on and off for about 5 years. It is a great quality exfoliator for the price you pay, it also comes with plenty of product. It smells great, but I'm not quite convinced it smells like apricots. The scent is there but is not overpowering as many other facial products are. It is very grainy and feels as you would expect an exfoliator to feel. The appearance of the product out of the tube is that it looks very natural. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and it has never led to a breakout or harsh feeling on my face. Sometimes it will start to clear up my face, but sometimes it does not. Everything depends on how bad my breakout is, but it will definitely tame it.  I have combination skin, and it has never left, a dry or oily feeling to my face. I have an oily T-zone, and dry skin around my eyes which is weird, but this product controls the oily while keeping my face soft where it needs to do so. Which is so great because products like this are hard to find. I can definitely tell the difference between this, and the off-brand as much as I did not want to because of the price difference. It leaves your skin smelling great, and feeling soft, and clean. I would recommend this product to people who had medium to light breakout prone skin.
Maggie D.
East Brunswick
I love this scrub. I purchased it a while ago but started to use it recently. For me, instead of using it daily or every other day, I actually use it every week. What I do is, use this scrub; wash it off (already feels wonderful) then I'll put a facial mask afterwards. I do this just to give my face a nice cleansing and after the 20mins with the mask, my face feels amazing. Very smooth and clean. To me it is a wonderful way to end a week/start a new week using this scrub. It takes all the dead skin and leaves my face feeling so fresh and soft. Its a great way to pamper yourself (and it smells great too!)
Emilee O.
Edinburgh, IN
This has been a holy grail product for me... I have struggled with acne since I hit puberty. I assumed I would grow out of it but I was very wrong. My mom suggested I try St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub since I was still battling acne as an adult and it has completely changed my complexion for the better! I have never had clearer skin. I use this every other night before bed with an exfoliating brush and my skin feels incredibly smooth the next day. I haven't had an issue with breakouts since I started consistently using this product. I would recommend letting the product saturate on your face for a while after gently exfoliating with it so that the salicyclic acid can do it's work!
Christine M.
Westerville, OH
I use this scrub daily.  I have sensitive skin and can be prone to breakouts.  This scrub helps keep my breakouts to a minimum.  It helps to remove dry dead skin before I apply makeup.  It has enough abrasiveness to help even out my skin, but not so much so that it becomes irritating.  It has a fresh but not too strong smell.  I find that just a little bit goes a long way.  It leaves my skin feeling clean and smooth without any oily residual.  The price is amazing for such a good product.  Highly recommend for those with sensitive skin and those that need something to prep for makeup application.
Courtney S.
Highland
I’ve used this product for years & have been happy with my skin (minimal breakouts & associated dryness). It’s also quite affordable & easy to find at most retailers. However, I do feel that the label is misleading. It advertises the product as “natural,” however, a quick glance at the ingredients reveals that there are several chemicals linked to reproductive toxicity (the Environmental Working Group is a good resource). I would like to see the manufacturer replace some of the more hazardous ingredients with natural alternatives.
Sydney E.
Woodmere, NY
After educating myself on the do's and don'ts of skincare I know you're not supposed to use gritty physical exfoliants because they can cause micro tears in the skin. However, before learning this this was my absolute favorite exfoliator. I've always suffered from minor breakouts and this scrub really helped keep them at bay and unclog my pores. The salicylic acid in it is an added benefit. I have to say I stopped using this scrub for a while after learning more but have recently gone back to it this past summer. My face gets very oily with the heat and humidity, plus I wear a full face of makeup everyday. This scrub really helps my skin feel clean and unclogs my pores. I do it less often as I used to, switching off between it and chemical exfoliators. I will continue to buy this forever though. I absolutely love it.
Tiffany P.
Classic! Cheap! Works well for everywhere. I don't like using it on my face however. I'm a skin snob and I use better quart brands for anything above my neck. These type of scrubs can leave micro-scratches all over the dermis. Not able to see with the human eye but it does and I don't like that. Leaves skin smooth and great for hands, knees and feet. Just a bit harsh for face.
Tiffany C.
Palmdale, CA
Do people use this on areas other than their faces?
Adrienna V.
Tulsa, OK
How good does this product work? and does it stink ?
Misato S.
Can it be used on sensitive skin?
Tamanna H.
Ashburn, VA
Is this ok for sensitive skin/acne prone skin?
lizeth c.