Fish Sauce is the single most important ingredient in Thai & Vietnamese cooking. Naturally pressed from anchovy extract and sea salt.

Favorite thing to make with this?
How do I get over the smell?
What is a vegetarian alternative for this Squid Thai Fish Sauce, or any other fish sauce?
Start your review of Squid Thai Fish Sauce!
Danville, AR
Purchased at: Asian Food Grocer
Yes although it has a bit of a stinche it is a main ingredient in Thai and Laos dishes! I am part Laotian and I use this sauce in most my dishes I even add it to pho and other soups! Always keep it on hand!
Forest Hills, NY
This has been used growing up in a Vietnamese household. It’s basically in almost everything and gives you the perfect saltiness and flavor you need. Just be careful not to use too much!
I hear all these great things about the 3 Crab brand but Squid is so much better bang for your buck. I always have this in my fridge and I don't see why you should spend so much extra for another brand of fish sauce. This is all you need for your SE Asian cuisine!
Nothing beats cooking with fish sauce. I think we cook with this everyday. Majority of Vietnamese food, if not all, is cook with fish sauce.  We use this particular brand since I was little and I still use it till this day. Very satisfying taste.
This is the fish sauce I grew up using. (Full disclosure, my parents are Thai.) Not really sure how to distinguish between other fish sauces but whatever Thai dish we've made with this always turned out well.
Kansas City , MO
Squid Brand is a solid fish sauce. It arrived very fresh with a smooth and vibrant flavor profile. (Fish sauce is a nice light, golden brown when fresh and darkens with age. Fresh is best!) I would purchase this sauce again for dishes that require a bright and lighter fish sauce profile.  It is perfect for my Pad Thai dishes!!  It tastes like I purchased it from my fav Thai restuarant!!
At my household, we always have two kind of fish sauce, Squid and 3 Crab. I personally enjoy 3 Crab more because it is the flavor that I grew up with. But Squid is also pretty good. To me, I feel like 3 Crab has more depth in it's flavors while Squid is a little more on the lighter side. As a current university student, I tend to buy Squid brand more often as it is often cheaper and the bottle is lighter to carry with me with I am taking the public transit.
Red Bank
Squid Fish Sauce (not made with squid by the way, it's just the brand) is THE best fish sauce. It's full of flavor, much more so than the 3 Crab brand (which I notice is about twice the price also). This is the brand most Thai folks use. I have literally bought cases of this at a time. You can put this even in stews or chili's and it adds another depth of rich flavor. A pantry must.
Syracuse , NY
Always need fish sauce in almost every asian recipe I make. It basically is alternative of salt but with flavor. A little goes a long way so don’t use too much! If using too much can make your dish super salty! But just enough gives food amazing flavor! You can almost find this everywhere and it’s cheap! I like this brand for my fish sauce!
Sinking Spg, PA
Squid Thai Fish Sauce uploaded by Joe G.
I love Squid Brand Fish Sauce. I made lots of Asian style food. I put this in all of them to add the .."Oh, what's that." And I add them to Ramen noodles of all style. #stylebyjoe #fishsauce #squidbrandfishsauce