BY SQUARE ENIX #73 in PlayStation Games

Set in hydaelyn, adventurers of all creeds will converge in eorzea, a realm of diverse climates and landscapes, peopled by races as varied as its city-states. see more...

Stephanie H.
Aurora, CO
I've been playing this game for .three years now and if I hated it I obviously would've stopped paying a subscription at this point. It does have flaws in that the developers have, so far, been scared to really dive out of the tried and true formulas that lead to success, but I suppose that is what works.

Very casual friendly if not a bit of a grindy time sink as any other sort of game like this is, but fun nonetheless. It's better if you have friends to start playing with, or if you can find a good guild to integrate into to help you through things.
Casey B.
New Kensingtn, PA
As with Jessica M.'s Review, I too play this on PC compared to the PS3/PS4. However I Beta tested it both on Ps3 as well as PC.
What Can I say about this game? Well it was a pleasant surprise to say the least. Being a fan of Final Fantasy as a franchise, I had wanted to play this game for so long. After hearing the disaster upon initial release I didn't even give it a second thought, until they took they game, broke it down, and completely redesigned it from the ground up...
Graphics are Stunning.. I was blown away even with my outdated PC. Gameplay can be compared to with World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, or any of the more mainstream MMORPGs. Definitely worth a look, especially since right now the game is currently on sale for 14.99 USD. Over Half Off!.
Again I recommend picking this up for PC, With the PS3/PS4 there will be many hardware limitations which will effect the gameplay on a console. I noticed many times the environment/monsters and other players will take a while to load on the Console, Making it difficult to play.
Also load times tend to be longer in general. With the game being cross platform, that means you are always lagging behind PC players. Which can be frustrating for yourself as well as other players you happen to be grouped with.
judy f.
Gamer Expert Level 1
Didn't really enjoy it, this was my first MMORPG game and it was not as fun as I thought. People can be rude if you don't play correctly. I was playing this game to have fun not have some people ruin it.
Olivia W.
It had taken me a very long time to find an mmo that I was passionate about, and Final Fantasy XIV is exactly that for me. Everything from the intensely beautiful world to the endless gameplay, I must admit I am properly hooked.

You will never run out of things to do! If this seems a little daunting, maybe this isn't the game for you, but if you like being endlessly challenged, I would highly recommend it. I believe that everyone will find something they are looking for, whether or not you are a
Final Fantasy fan overall.

One more thing I have to point out: the community! Never in my gaming lifetime have I found such a large amount of people that are friendly, caring, and super fun to play with. I always feel welcome, I am forever finding help, and there is a rich culture within the game.

Give this game a chance and you will not be disappointed!
Wendy S.
I am an avid gamer and I love MMOs. I've been playing WoW for years so Final Fantasy's version of an MMO was very refreshing to say the least. I absolutely love this game. However this game can be very overwhelming for new players. There is a vast amount of things you can do that I won't be able to sum up in this review. However if you're looking for a game that has multiple classes, a great fighting system, housing, guilds and just a fun and relaxing time, look no further! They even have varying price ranges if you don't want to spend the normal 15$ a month. Well worth the subscription and you can even play across consoles (PC and PS3/4).
Bri E.
massapequa, NY
As a more passive player of free MMO's, I have to say that A Realm Reborn is truly a Phoenix rising out of the ashes. Having witnessed the downfall of the original game, this retake on the series has helped turned the tides completely to craft one of the best MMO's of this decade that will likely see at least the next ten years in success. This game truly is one of the best MMO's I've played, with the option to play in the Japanese as well as the English servers, the game provides endless fun for those who pay the monthly fee. One of the only MMO's I've ever paid for and will continue to pay in the foreseeable future.
Jessica M.
Howell, NJ
Now, to start, I personally play this game on the PC. I would recommend the PC over the PS3, but each person has their own preference. This game is so refreshing and fun compared to other MMO's. If you played the original FFXIV, and haven't picked this one up because you are comparing the two, STOP NOW. This is nothing like the original attempt. It seriously is A Realm Reborn. The personal story line is enjoyable and engaging. The quests are fun. Your character can play every job class, so no creating 98410928049 characters to try each one. Crafting! Oh man, crafting in itself is like a job, but it is fun! There is so much I could say about this game, it is just amazing. I highly recommend giving it a try.
Francis S.
If you played FFXI then you will be pleasantly surprised about FFXIV. Users can now quest more on their own. You can earn your own chocobo. Graphics were upgraded. New job classes were added (at the time I was sad thief did not make a comeback at first release). They really upped the ante some. I played for approximately a year on the PS3 before I cancelled my membership, only because my schedule changed so much so that I could not find consistent friends/users to play with. There is a monthly fee to play. Definitely not WoW (which I also played) but at least it's a similar competitor instead of it's previous version.
Brenda K.
This game was the one that really opened the door to me for MMOs. It is SO fun. If you play at a casual pace (like myself) it will take you at least a year to play through all the content. And they are adding new content all the time! There's so many different play styles and fun events that come out every few weeks. It is definitely a MUST play for any Final Fantasy loving, MMO curious person!
Sara C.
I have not experienced an attachment to an MMO like this since vanilla WOW. First off, this game is beautiful! I bought a PC just so I could run it to its full potential. The main storyline is pretty good, but the class quests are where it is at. They're constantly patching in new content so endgame stays interesting. You can purchase a house with your FC, but it sounds like individual housing will be patched in soon (so exciting!) If you're debating getting this game, don't, just get it.
paige b.
Spring Hill, FL
Whats your favorite class to play?