BY SQUARE ENIX

• Anyone think they will re-master this one like 7?2 Answers
  • Which is your favorite final fantasy game? 6 Answers
  • Final fantasy has got to be one of me favorite games , although ...3 Answers
Square Enix Final Fantasy VIII
  • "Another epic story line and I also enjoyed the mini card game side quests that can be played." in 1 review
  • "Final Fantasy VIII is a great game in the series." in 1 review
  • "It has a fun in game card game, and it has pretty casual game play compared to the other games in the series." in 1 review
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville, GA
One of my favorite games ever! The graphics were good for the time, the cut scenes are amazing, the characters interesting. The story is well thought out, the combat easy to get used to. Some of the events are unsurprising, but they fit into the story, so that's not as annoying as it could be. The mini games aren't all that, and I didn't like the card game at all (I much prefer the card game in FFIX, though I didn't like much else in that game), but it's an enjoyable straight forward game that's a fun way to while away the hours.
Alexandra N.
When I first played this game through, I did not like it. But on the second go around when I was older I really fell in love with the characters. The dynamic between Rinoa and Squall gave me many feels since it reminds me of the bond I share with my partner. The villian, although she isn't in the game often, is one of my favorites within the Final Fantasy universe.
Valerie M.
Gamer Expert Level 1
My third favorite Final Fantasy game, after VII and X. The characters are beautifully designed and the story line follows the same line of VII, with a very silent brooding main character and a darkness that sucks you in. Highly recommended for any avid RPG gamer!
Vivian F.
Mc Connellsbg, PA
Gamer Expert Level 1
This game is pretty awesome. My favorite part is you can have 10 or more guardian forces to summon. Making your weapons is a pretty neat part also. And Getting doomtrain. I also would recommend this to others. The story of this game is great too.
Rowena B.
El Cajon, CA
My favorite Final Fantasy of all time. This one is greatly overshadowed by FF7, which is unfortunate because the circular story line of FF8 really surpasses it.

The greatest change of this Final Fantasy compared to others is it's use of real form characters as well as the magic draw and junctioning system. I believe it was quite advanced for typical RPGs of the time, and still they have not done anything as complicated as it (sphere grid comes close from FFX).

My favorite character from this game is Selphie. She and Irvine were a very cute couple. I really enjoy the "gunblade" weapon too. Critical hits are triggered when the player hits the attack button at the correct time of Squall doing his attack. The different limit breaks in this game are unique as well. From Squall's Lionheart, to Zell's melee combos, to Selphie's "The End" cast, they were all very impressionable.

I replayed this game on Steam recently and it was just as good as I remember it. Just love how all the characters are very important to the overall story.
Rachel U.
Hawthorne, CA
This game was one of the best game during it's time.The gameplay was very fluid.i still play it from time to time definitely a replay value.The best feature was the card battles it was a good one.I highly recommend this to other gamers.
Lauren K.
The Dalles, OR
This is the game that started it all for me. FFVIII holds a very special place in my heart because it was the story that pulled me into gaming and never let me back out. FFVIII has an amazing storyline and a great cast of characters. I replayed this game many times back in the day and the soundtrack brings back such incredible nostalgia.

Set on an unnamed fantasy world with science fiction elements, the game follows the story of a group of young mercenaries, led by Squall Leonhart, who are part of an organization named SeeD. Initially traveling to different countries to stop the sorceress Edea, their goal changes to stop a sorceress from the future named Ultimecia from compressing time.
James W.
Ludlow, MA
Final Fantasy VIII for the original Playstation was actually the first Final Fantasy game I ever played. At the time I was probably in like 5th grade, so I had a difficult time following the story. Looking back now, and replaying it as an adult, it really is the most underrated FF game of all time in my opinion. I love all of the characters, the summons, and the story. It was definitely overshadowed by VII, and I hope they release an HD remaster of this classic game so it gets the love it deserves! Also the parade scene where the group attempts to assassinate Sorceress Edea is one of my all time favorite scenes in gaming. I LOVE the music from that section.
Alaina Bernadine K.
Bisbee, AZ
Quistis. Squall. Seifer. Rinoa. So many more great characters, moments, and songs. The graphics were a lot better than Final Fantasy VII though I felt the story was not as strong (some parts definitely felt like apologies for parts of Final Fantasy VII that tugged at the heart strings for sure, though). Loved the card game that was within the main game. Do miss playing it from time to time. The last FF game I really enjoyed the same way as all the others before this one.
April W.
I hope they remake this game with better graphics! I know people would buy it. I ship Squall and Rinoa! So hard! Squall has always been my fav final fantasy guy! The feathers are significant in this game and I love that! I cried like a baby at this game! Don't worry I won't spoil it! This is a beloved fav on my gaming collection shelf! Great story! Fun game play!
Nicole F.
Which is your favorite final fantasy game?
lulu j.
Final fantasy has got to be one of me favorite games , although i never played this one , whats the story about?
Cherie L.
London, ON
Anyone think they will re-master this one like 7?