BY SQUARE ENIX

• Anyone think they will re-master this one like 7?2 Answers
  • Which is your favorite final fantasy game? 6 Answers
  • Final fantasy has got to be one of me favorite games , although ...3 Answers
  • "Final Fantasy VIII is a great game in the series." in 1 review
  • "It has a fun in game card game, and it has pretty casual game play compared to the other games in the series." in 1 review
  • "Another epic story line and I also enjoyed the mini card game side quests that can be played." in 1 review
James W.
Ludlow, MA
Final Fantasy VIII for the original Playstation was actually the first Final Fantasy game I ever played. At the time I was probably in like 5th grade, so I had a difficult time following the story. Looking back now, and replaying it as an adult, it really is the most underrated FF game of all time in my opinion. I love all of the characters, the summons, and the story. It was definitely overshadowed by VII, and I hope they release an HD remaster of this classic game so it gets the love it deserves! Also the parade scene where the group attempts to assassinate Sorceress Edea is one of my all time favorite scenes in gaming. I LOVE the music from that section.
April W.
I hope they remake this game with better graphics! I know people would buy it. I ship Squall and Rinoa! So hard! Squall has always been my fav final fantasy guy! The feathers are significant in this game and I love that! I cried like a baby at this game! Don't worry I won't spoil it! This is a beloved fav on my gaming collection shelf! Great story! Fun game play!
Larissa L.
Great falls , Mt
The game that started it all for me. I was in the 4th grade when my brother bought this for our PlayStation and I played it anytime I could. There was even a love story that filled my little girl heart to the brim! Squall was my first video game crush, and I am not ashamed!!!
Kimberly L.
Athens, GA
A classic in the FF series. I love this one more than 7 (I know, I know)! The story is amazing and I still play it from time to time on my PS3. The story is kind of weird, but the GF and junction system were amazing if you learned how to utilize them correctly!
Shawna S.
Cambria , WI
I love this game. It has a great story and I love just the characters as well and the music. It's fun to just keep replaying over and over and going through each part again. I would definitely recommend this game.
Taki V.
Austin, TX
Had super fun time playing this classic game back in HS~! I didn't care much for the main characters romance, but the bittersweet storyline of Laguna was my favorite part. Definitely recommend this game!
Sarah R.
While I like this game, the graphics system was definitely not ready for the game. The graphics just take away from the game. The gameplay is good, the same as FF7. The storyline is great.
Rowena B.
El Cajon, CA
My favorite Final Fantasy of all time. This one is greatly overshadowed by FF7, which is unfortunate because the circular story line of FF8 really surpasses it.

The greatest change of this Final Fantasy compared to others is it's use of real form characters as well as the magic draw and junctioning system. I believe it was quite advanced for typical RPGs of the time, and still they have not done anything as complicated as it (sphere grid comes close from FFX).

My favorite character from this game is Selphie. She and Irvine were a very cute couple. I really enjoy the "gunblade" weapon too. Critical hits are triggered when the player hits the attack button at the correct time of Squall doing his attack. The different limit breaks in this game are unique as well. From Squall's Lionheart, to Zell's melee combos, to Selphie's "The End" cast, they were all very impressionable.

I replayed this game on Steam recently and it was just as good as I remember it. Just love how all the characters are very important to the overall story.
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville, GA
One of my favorite games ever! The graphics were good for the time, the cut scenes are amazing, the characters interesting. The story is well thought out, the combat easy to get used to. Some of the events are unsurprising, but they fit into the story, so that's not as annoying as it could be. The mini games aren't all that, and I didn't like the card game at all (I much prefer the card game in FFIX, though I didn't like much else in that game), but it's an enjoyable straight forward game that's a fun way to while away the hours.
Lauren K.
The Dalles, OR
This is the game that started it all for me. FFVIII holds a very special place in my heart because it was the story that pulled me into gaming and never let me back out. FFVIII has an amazing storyline and a great cast of characters. I replayed this game many times back in the day and the soundtrack brings back such incredible nostalgia.

Set on an unnamed fantasy world with science fiction elements, the game follows the story of a group of young mercenaries, led by Squall Leonhart, who are part of an organization named SeeD. Initially traveling to different countries to stop the sorceress Edea, their goal changes to stop a sorceress from the future named Ultimecia from compressing time.
Nicole F.
Which is your favorite final fantasy game?
lulu j.
Final fantasy has got to be one of me favorite games , although i never played this one , whats the story about?
Cherie L.
London, ON
Anyone think they will re-master this one like 7?