Sprint Nextel

by Sprint

Does anyone else have frequent problems with data? I could be in the same room with WiFi and still have issues with data service if it weren’t for them being the cheapest provider I’d switch
What phone do you have with sprint?
Any good deal on Sprint Nextel phones 🤔 I'll wait...
Start your review of Sprint Nextel!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
Customer service in big cities is the worst I did find that when I like on an island town the small store there was helpful but not anywhere else.in reviews
Now I hve the iPhone 6 plus and Sprints iPhone for Life plan that makes my service $50 a month with unlimited data, texting and calling.in reviews
The only problem I had with them was dropped calls and couldn't get service sometimes but their plans are way cheaper than most placesin reviews
I was a customer at Sprint for almost 10 years and at first it wasn't that bad, but after the satellite crashed a few years ago the service/reception hasn't been too good.in reviews
...speedy for me, however their service isn't always the best when it comes to cell phone reception.in reviews
Ashley Z.
Endicott, NY
I’ve been with sprint for about 4 years now. Service, for me, has not improved at all. I am paying $220 a month for 2 lines unlimited when I can’t get service leaving the house. They don’t care about their customers and do nothing for the customers that have been with them a while. At this time, I can’t afford to pay $800 to get out of my lease. Would love to switch to Verizon, but unfortunately I’m stuck for another year. I would not recommend Sprint to anybody.
Ruth S.
Niagara Falls, NY
I've been a customer of Sprint's for the past 12+ years. I have never had a problem with the services or customer service. I tried other companies and the prices and service just don't seem to compare. I live close to the Canadian border and my phone roams but I can still use my phone and I don't get charged. Their prices are reasonable, they always have a great collection of phones and the upgrades are fantastic. I never mind signing a 2 year agreement with them because I'm happy with them. Although I wish they would upgrade to 4G at least in my area, would be nice but I have not one complaint about them. Their customer service is fabulous. I have never had a problem that was not handled or that I had to escalate to a supervisor!
Christopher B.
Maitland, FL
When I first got Sprint I was told I would have 4G within the next month as they were working in my area to upgrade the towers. 10 months later I did NOT have 4G, and my service was constantly going out. I had NO service even in my own home. I called the service center, and was told to deal with it. The company has a lot of issues, so I ended my contract and went to Verizon.
Ana V.
Loma Linda, CA
I have been a customer for years. I just don’t like the fact how it’s always laggy. I would really like to have good service even if I am in a unknown area where i haven’t been before. I kinda would kinda wouldn’t recommend but it’s cheap well depending what phone and service you want.
Elizabeth R.
Sanger, Tx
I just switched from AT&T to Sprint and I LOVE Sprint, I have better quality service now. And I don't know why I didn't switch earlier.
Sarah T.
Watertown, MA
Techie Expert Level 4
1,232 reviews
My parent have had Sprint ever since their phone carrier Nextel merged with Sprint several years ago. For the better part of 2 years I have had to step in and assist my parents with trying to resolve issues they have been experiencing with their service with repeatedly not being able to make calls out due to not enough towers, family and friends numbers being blocked by Sprint when they were supposed to block scammers and solicitations and over charges the carrier has been charging for rentals of the phones. I’d have to say they are the most difficult carrier to work with as we have spent days trying to resolve issues that they revert back / break again after dealing with tech support. They put hidden rental or leasing fees that were never approved on the bill and build your bill astronomically until it’s not affordable any longer. My parents were carrying 1 cell phone after being sold an additional free tablet that never worked from the start only to find out their bill was $400 a month for people who only made occasional calls out and were on a limited income as seniors. Switched them over to Verizon which was the best thing we could possibly have done.
Brian D.
Kensington, MD
Sprint is the US carrier who provides one of the least expensive options for mobile service in the US. It has a moderately sized network when compared to other such as ATT and Verizon, however has large gaps in its overall network of coverage. It offers a wide degree of phones, including high end Apple and Android phones all the way down to low cost flip phones and wireless data access devices. The network is growing, with considerable pains. 4G service is spotty depending on location, as many major metropolitan locations are poorly covered. Unlimited data is nice, but with so many issues getting to good connections, unlimited could mean day long downloads on large files. 4G, when received, is a quality product, however if you are moving in and out of a location or coverage of a specific tower, your service quality may vary greatly. 3G is terribly slow, not useful for much. The biggest problem other than service is that Sprint will lock you into a 2 year agreement even if you bring your own phone, which is ludricous. If they are not subsidizing your phone, why should you be locked in to a contract on a line. I have chosen to not open a second line with Sprint simply because of that fact, and will not add another line to my account until this is changed.
Jonique C.
Sprint Has its pros and cons. Some pros are that you can have truly unlimited data, which a lot of other carriers don't have and the service is pretty stable, but a con is the price. Even with my 25% off employee discount, I am still paying $92 a month for one phone. I think it's a bit much but I like the service so I pay for it.
Kellen H.
Mingo Jct, OH
Techie Expert Level 5
I had this service for years! I get great coverage and since they merged with T-Mobile I get freebies every Tuesdays! It is very inexpensive and I get every new iPhone without having to buy it out right!
Lydia K.
Horrible service! Terrible customer service. That’s why it’s insanely cheap. I couldn’t get a single bar in my former employers building. They basically said that’s sucks. Luckily I switched to Verizon and haven’t had any issues.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...