Spring Valley L-Lysine 500 mg, 250 count uploaded by Kelly S.Spring Valley L-Lysine 500 mg, 250 count uploaded by Abby D.

BY SPRING VALLEY

Spring Valley L-Lysine 500 mg, 250ct: Essential amino acid Aids in calcium absorbtion Helps build muscle protein Strengthens immune system see more...

• Does this Vitamin really work to prevent cold sores? 2 Answers
  • I have heard this product can be used for cold sores and ...2 Answers
christina T.
Kingston, OK
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I have been using this for years! If you have a problem with cold soars then take two of these as soon as you feel one coming on and take one a day till it's gone. It should only take a few days! If you take this regularly for about a month you won't have any cold soars for months!! Plus it does wonders for the rest of you too!!!!
Erin J.
Pearcy, AR
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I take L-Lysine whenever I start to feel a fever blister coming up and it usually will heal it faster.  A few years ago I took it daily for a few months in an effort to keep from getting fever blisters and I went about 6 years without having a fever blister.  I can't say for sure if it was due to this, but that is all I had changed in my diet and supplements.
Jacqueline Z.
Geneseo, NY
Great for preventing cold sores and also promoting good skin health. These pills aren't coated in anything, so don't hold it in your mouth any longer than it takes you to get some water and swallow it down haha. The benefit of it being uncoated is that it's easy to make this into a paste and apply on coldsores if you ever need to (which helps speed up the healing process).
Chelsie G.
Columbia, TN
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This product is known as a tissue health support vitamin. But most people use it for acne. This is dermatologist recommend for acne. Although some people are different and it does not work for acne. It take about a month to help eat your skin. For me it helped very little, but its a start.
Kelly S.
Denison, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I take this everyday to prevent cold sore our fever blisters from reappearing. Do far it had worked for me. Definitely would recommend for those who have cold sores.
mandi b.
I actually use this for 2 reasons :
one of which, is for my cat's eyes. when she gets an irritated eye, I crush one up in lukewarm water and dissolve. put in eye dropper and go for it. I mean, in her mouth; orally.
two, for my husband who takes an energy supplement that requires lysine to regenerate certain fluids in the muscles.
Michelle P.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I keep lysine on hand at home, bag and work. any time I feel my lips start to get extra dry or even when I burn my mouth being impatient with hot food I take a couple. I originally started taking them to help with cold sores so I take a few extra when I get those
Emily B.
Carthage, MO
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I love these vitamins! They're super great for you and easy to swallow! You can talk them with or without food, and that's super convenient!
Abby D.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This is a great dietary supplement! I just take it with breakfast every morning and it helps fight cold sores and aids in tissue health!
Morgan S.
Great supplement for skin health support, and for preventing cold sores. I always have a supply in my cabinet.
Karina O.
Elkhart, IN
Does this Vitamin really work to prevent cold sores?
Patricia A.
Opelika, AL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I have heard this product can be used for cold sores and is good for your skin health but I wonder: how is it so beneficial for your skin?

Walmart