BY SPOTIFY #1 in Music

Spotify is the best way to listen to music on mobile or tablet. Search for any track, artist or album and listen for free. Make and share playlists. Build your biggest, best ever music collection. Get inspired with personal recommendations, and readymade playlists for just about everything. Listen absolutely free with ads, or get Spotify Premium. Free on mobile • Play any artist, album, or playlist in shuffle mode. Free on tablet • Play any song, any time. Premium features • Play any song, any time on any device: mobile, tablet or computer. • Enjoy ad-free music. • Listen offline. • Get better sound quality. Love Spotify?  Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/spotify  Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/spotify see more...

Spotify
  • "I sign up for the free version because I really don't mind the adds, I just want to listen some music and it also brings different song lists." in 22 reviews
  • "It's also very difficult to keep Spotify and iTunes synced - perhaps impossible - so I have to hand transfer any new music I get from iTunes into Spotify, which is a real bother." in 22 reviews
  • "Love the ability to make playlists and to follow others though they are almost becoming more like songza in what they promote." in 14 reviews
  • "It's a great way to listen to music you already love and discover new artists/bands that you will end up falling in love with as well." in 13 reviews
  • "I play my Spotify pretty much constantly, the interface on my phone and ipod are very easy to use, the suggestion feature introduces me to new music all the time, the ever changing playlists they have for moods and times of day are fantastic and I love being able to send and receive music from my friends." in 10 reviews
Ann M.
Los Banos, CA
I love Spotify. It's so easy to use. I've been using it ever since it first came out. I recently upgraded to the family plan where you and FIVE other people can enjoy Spotify premium for $14.99/month. The only requirement is that you all "have to live" at the same address. I used their free services for a while and at the time, you could listen to basically whatever you wanted to on your desktop, but you had to endure annoying commercials every few songs. However, they did give you the option every now and then to view a offer from a sponsor in exchange for I believe it was 30 minutes to a hour of commercial free music. I think you just had to watch an ad or do a quick survey. I also believe if you had the app on your phone you could listen to a playlist you created, but you can't choose a specific song. You would have to skip it and I think they have a maximum amount of times you can skip. Once I upgraded to a student account ($4.99) I fell in love. It was the greatest thing. I'll never go back to the free option. You don't have to endure those cringy ads, you can listen to whatever you want, whenever you want. I believe they have a special deal going in if you're a Student. If you sign up for their student account, you can get Hulu for free for a total of $4.99 for both. Another thing I love is that music is easy to share. You can send music/playlist to other users or share on your social media, or simply send a link through a text message. Also, Spotify automatically creates playlists based off of the music you listen to or recommends other artist based off the same criteria. They have playlist you can browse through that have been made by other users for different occasions or moods. You could listen to podcast, listen to the radio based off a certain song or artist of your choice, and watch videos exclusive to Spotify. I almost always use the app on my phone to listen to music, but you can stream music through other devices you may have. For example, I can control what I'm listening to on Spotify through the app on my phone, but I'll have the music playing through my Chromecast that is connected to my tv or I'll have it play though my speaker bar once I connect it to my itouch (old school, I know) to it. I believe the devices have to be connect to the same WiFi or Bluetooth. Another great thing about Spotify is you have the option to make your profile and playlists public or private. And if you chose to make it public, you can also make the playlist collaborative. Meaning, you can allow other people to add songs to that particular playlist. It's cool if you and your friends are going to through a party and want to make a playlist or go on a road trip. And you also have the option to make it non-collaborative, even after it was for sometime. Overall, it's a great service. They have a new free trial offer if you would like to try it out before you subscribe. I believe you can get Spotify premium for free for 60 days to test it out, but you do have to enter a payment method which you can cancel at anytime. If you're an avid music listener and loves discovering new music, I would highly recommend using Spotify. Spotify
Rachel B.
Buena Park, CA
Been using Spotify for years, I started to use premium last year and the experience is so much better. I even got the package deal with free Hulu. There is a lot of music to listen to and there are artists that have finally put their music up on the platform. I use Spotify on my laptop, phone, Xbox, google home. I love that there are no commercials and the premium account is worth the good price. I can even download music to listen to offline.
Aleah C.
Columbus
Ok where do I begin with Spotify? I have used spotify for almost 3 years now and I have never been dissapointed. Anything from podcasts, music and books is always right at my finger tips. Not to mention I have the family plan so I only pay 15 dollars a month for 5 people to have 5 different profiles on my account. That is a steal. They also just sent me a free google mini because of my family membership. Will never get rid of my spotify!
Michelle V.
Spotify is my favorite app of all time!!! I pay for the upgraded version because I use this app at home, at work, while commuting, on breaks...basically all day, so it pays off for me in the end. I love my music! What I love about Spotify is that is combines all the music apps that I used to use into one program that works better than the others combined. I love that I can listen to music without the files hogging up space in my phone and with my unlimited data plan, I can listen to as much music as I like.

Two of my favorite features on Spotify are the radio feature and the ability to follow friends from Facebook. The radio feature allows me to make radio stations based on songs or playlists I have already created so that I can discover new music in the same way that Pandora works. The follow feature allows me to see what my friends are listening to and share playlists with them as well, which I love for times when I'm looking for a new workout playlist or something like that.

If you haven't tried Spotify, you really are missing out on one of the greatest apps ever created. Create your account now whether you purchase or choose to use the free account option!!
Janira H.
Brooklyn, NY
I have been using Spotify for the past 6 or 7 years. I originally had Pandora but Spotify had more bang for your buck and it was free for a promotional period of time. They still offer promotional pricing if you upgrade to premium. I love that you can download the music lists and mix and organize them as you like, there are very few songs or artists that they do not have due to laws that are in place that protects those songs/artists. They have an amazing student program which has recently been upgraded to offer hulu and spotify premium for $5 a month. I will be losing my student status but will most likely upgrade to the family plan which offers premium to 6 household members for $15, to my knowledge no one else offers something like this on the market at this time. My only gripe is that the student pricing is only for college students, my high school teenaged son wants spotify as well so for now I will put him on the family plan which works for me but not all households want a music subscription service.
Bee K.
I don't know why I hesitated to use Spotify for so long, but having it has changed the way I listened to music and discover new artists for the better (and slightly worse). The library of music is overwhelming and up to date. Users can create playlists and listen to the latest albums for free. A paid tier of $10 a month can remove audio and visual ads, which I think is well worth it if you're not in the mood for hearing commercials in the middle of say, an album by Beethoven. Based on what you listen to, Spotify can generate recommendations for you. It's wonderful and easy to use.

Spotify works splendidly on desktop and mobile devices and can even be accessed through smart TVs like Amazon Fire and Roku. I wish the app was available through Sony Bluray players. I'm also unsure about the process of royalties granted to the artists given that the free service remains more popular than the paid version. How do the musicians make money?  How does Spotify make money if they're constantly having to fork over what little profits they make to artists? I love Spotify so much but have so many questions that prevent me from having a perfect listening experience.
Sarah S.
Akron
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I’ve been using the free version of Spotify for years and I’m mostly a fan of it. In the last few years they have been adding more non-American artists, which is a big improvement. I listen to a ton of Canadian rock and it used to be impossible to find any of that on there. I also like they you can build collaborative playlists. That can be super helpful when hosting parties.
🌻Claire E.
Katy, TX
I’ve had a Spotify account for almost three years and I have used it almost every day since downloading the app. I’ve been a Premium user for about two years of that time and I think that it is well worth the $10 every month.

You can search for music by song, album, artist, genre, or style and it is very easy to create your own playlists directly from the search results page. Unlike some music streaming services like Pandora, all users can create their own playlists. A feature of Spotify Premium that is unavailable to non-Premium users is the six personalized automatically generated playlists every day, created based on what you’ve been listening to. Of course it’s not always accurate about what you’ll like, but the more you use the app, the better the suggestions become.

With Premium, you can download unlimited playlists and songs to your phone and play them offline without using data. I have found that sometimes when the app is updated (or if you delete and redownload it) all of the downloads get removed. Your playlists aren’t affected, but it’s a pain to wait for several hundred songs to download again.

Unfortunately, Spotify Premium doesn’t have as many songs as some other streaming services like Apple Music, but the music is compiled in a way that allows for simpler navigation of the site. I have found the desktop website to be somewhat difficult to navigate, but the mobile app is very user friendly.

Spotify Premium has been very helpful and has improved over the time I’ve used it. It is easy to use and inexpensive, especially for the amount of music available. I love this service and plan to continue using it. Spotify
Mick B.
norfolk
I don’t think I will move to any other music playing app now that I have Spotify. All the music I already listen to is there and it’s fairly easy to find new music just based off of what you are listening to. My one complaint I have is the weekly discovery. While the playlist is all new music, it is confined to a single genre. I have a lot of different types of music, from rap to metal. In my library. I would like to see a little more diversification in what new music I hear. It’s basically only confined to the first main genre of music I filled my library with. Outside of that though. Having on demand music with no adds is great. I also get HULU out of the deal which is even better!
Jessica K.
Reading, MA
The only streaming service I use! I love how easy and organized Spotify is. My favorite thing is that you can download your playlists so that you can listen to them in the app even when not on WiFi or data. I also love how easy it is to share playlists.
Shelley S.
Underwood, IN
Is this the best place to listen to music?
Christina C.
Mission, TX
Does anyone else feel the radio stations are a bit repetitive?
Tiffany M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
How many playlists do you have?
Dhaisha H.
Hayward , CA
What's the difference between pandora and spotify?