Alyee H.
I am very excited to try Splenda Naturals Stevia Sweetener for the first time having already been using Splenda No Calorie sweetener for years now. I do notice that sweeteners alike all have the same taste and after taste and you can tell that you are using an artificial sweetener and with Splenda Naturals it’s a different experience.

I was really enjoyed the little sample packs that I received, but ultimately it wasn’t enough for me so I decided to pick up a box at my local supermarket. The packaging is nicely designed and has shelf appeal. If I already hadn’t been looking for it this would definitely catch my eye. The colors on the box really speak to being natural as far showing the light ash brown wood and green stevia leaf.

The individual packets are white with a dark blue and green text. I think the colors are fitting for it being natural with the white conveying it being pure and healthy. I really like the idea for having a few packets for traveling otherwise I would love if they offered Splenda Naturals in a larger bag.

The appearance of the actual granules of the sugar are noticeably different from that of the original Splenda. The Natural sugar looks more like real sugar than it does from that of the original no calorie sugar. The original is less dense and generates a lot more dust. There is a noticeable difference when you pour Naturals and original into your coffee. Naturals being a bit more dense sinks into your coffee almost like real sugar and original no calorie for the most part sits on top.

At first I was a bit skeptical about how this would taste and would it really be different from that of the original Splenda. So I figured if anything that it would be better for my body being that it is naturally made. Unlike the original the Naturals is made from a process that extracts the sugary goodness from the stevia leaf and fermented dextrose. There is no sucralose like the original Splenda which is an artificial sugar. Although I wasn’t sure it would taste different in fact it significantly does. To taste the difference I made 3 cups of black coffee and added real sugar, Splenda Naturals, and Splenda No Calories. The best way I can describe it is that naturals and real sugar taste more alike than the original sucralose Splenda which tastes bittersweet and leaves a harsh after taste. I still like the original, but if I have the option I am now going to choose Naturals over it.

I have mainly used Splenda to substitute to get the benefits of no calories for a great sugary taste, but now I am excited to happily switch over to Splenda Naturals because it’s not artificially made. I love to add Splenda to my coffee, tea, and when I bake. For now I have only added the naturals to my coffee and tea since they have yet to come out with a larger bag.

Overall I am happy that I was able to try and buy the new Splenda Naturals made with stevia extract. I would definitely recommend that anyone who loves real sugar but not the calories give Splenda Naturals a try and see how great it tastes and just as good for your body than other sweeteners. #gotitfree