BY SPLENDA #3 in Sugars & Sweeteners

Introducing SPLENDA®Naturals Stevia Sweetener, a sweet breakthrough in natural, no-calorie sweeteners. Where some stevia sweeteners have a bitter aftertaste, SPLENDA® Naturals is sweet—without the calories.

We source our stevia blend from the cleaner-tasting extracts of the stevia leaf (Reb D). The result is SPLENDA® Naturals.

·         No Calories

·         No added flavors or artificial ingredients

For more information on how SPLENDA® Brand does natural, please go to Splenda.com/naturals

• Does this have a bitter aftertaste like the original Splenda?14 Answers
  • Did this give anyone else a headache?1 Answers
  • Does this contain any gmo?3 Answers
Alyee H.
Alyee H.
I am very excited to try Splenda Naturals Stevia Sweetener for the first time having already been using Splenda No Calorie sweetener for years now. I do notice that sweeteners alike all have the same taste and after taste and you can tell that you are using an artificial sweetener and with Splenda Naturals it’s a different experience.

I was really enjoyed the little sample packs that I received, but ultimately it wasn’t enough for me so I decided to pick up a box at my local supermarket. The packaging is nicely designed and has shelf appeal. If I already hadn’t been looking for it this would definitely catch my eye. The colors on the box really speak to being natural as far showing the light ash brown wood and green stevia leaf.

The individual packets are white with a dark blue and green text. I think the colors are fitting for it being natural with the white conveying it being pure and healthy. I really like the idea for having a few packets for traveling otherwise I would love if they offered Splenda Naturals in a larger bag.

The appearance of the actual granules of the sugar are noticeably different from that of the original Splenda. The Natural sugar looks more like real sugar than it does from that of the original no calorie sugar. The original is less dense and generates a lot more dust. There is a noticeable difference when you pour Naturals and original into your coffee. Naturals being a bit more dense sinks into your coffee almost like real sugar and original no calorie for the most part sits on top.

At first I was a bit skeptical about how this would taste and would it really be different from that of the original Splenda. So I figured if anything that it would be better for my body being that it is naturally made. Unlike the original the Naturals is made from a process that extracts the sugary goodness from the stevia leaf and fermented dextrose. There is no sucralose like the original Splenda which is an artificial sugar. Although I wasn’t sure it would taste different in fact it significantly does. To taste the difference I made 3 cups of black coffee and added real sugar, Splenda Naturals, and Splenda No Calories. The best way I can describe it is that naturals and real sugar taste more alike than the original sucralose Splenda which tastes bittersweet and leaves a harsh after taste. I still like the original, but if I have the option I am now going to choose Naturals over it.

I have mainly used Splenda to substitute to get the benefits of no calories for a great sugary taste, but now I am excited to happily switch over to Splenda Naturals because it’s not artificially made. I love to add Splenda to my coffee, tea, and when I bake. For now I have only added the naturals to my coffee and tea since they have yet to come out with a larger bag.

Overall I am happy that I was able to try and buy the new Splenda Naturals made with stevia extract. I would definitely recommend that anyone who loves real sugar but not the calories give Splenda Naturals a try and see how great it tastes and just as good for your body than other sweeteners. #gotitfree
Jasmine B.
Jasmine B.
Crane, MO
As an herbalist and tea drinker, I have always been a big fan of stevia extract as a sweet sugar AND artificial sweetener replacement. Stevia is a natural plant that I grow in my herb garden and in garden season I use it fresh. But of course, it isn't always available fresh, so the dried extract is always on my shelf. Many brands have complaints of a bitter aftertaste or just an off taste in general, so I was interested to see how Splenda Naturals faired.
I got 2 sample packets in my #tastyvoxbox thanks to #Influnester and decided to try it out in my tea! I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed the taste! It has the perfect amount of sweet and dissolved quickly. No funky, bitter after taste and no headache either!
One thing I am not crazy about is the erythritol addition. I feel like stevia can stand alone as a great, natural sugar alternative. And while I do commend Splenda for choosing to make an effort to produce a good quality product by using non-GMO ingredients AND I think this is a much better choice than Sucralose or Aspartame...erythritol still comes with some health "hazards" and should be used in moderation.
All in all, I would have no problem offering this to friends who needed a "healthier" sweetener when they come over for tea!
Kathryn W.
Kathryn W.
Pfafftown, NC
I drink a lot of hot tea and coffee, so I end up consuming a lot of sugar/honey every day. I was looking to switch to a sugar free sweetener sometimes and I prefer Splenda Naturals Stevia Sweetener to most other artificial sweeteners. Splenda's stevia sweetener comes from a non-GMO plant, and therefore does not contain weird chemically manufactured artificial things. Stevia generally doesn't come with bad side effects either like with other artificial sweeteners. You can use the Splenda Naturals Stevia for all different recipes, but my family and I have mainly been using it in hot drinks. I like the taste, but my Mom claims that it does leave a bit of an aftertaste. You can't beat sugar, but this Splenda Naturals product is a good alternative for those who need/want to ditch the sugar for health or personal reasons. I received this product from Influenster free for reviewing purposes in the TastyVoxBox.
Joselyn T.
Joselyn T.
Sullivan, MO
I really liked the Splenda Naturals Stevia Sweetener. It was my first time trying this variety of Splenda. I had been using Splenda No Calorie sweetener for years now. The appearance of the granules are different from that of the original Splenda, they are a little bit more grainy. The Natural sugar looks more like real sugar than it does from that of the original no calorie sugar. I have mainly used Splenda to substitute to get the benefits of no calories for a great sugary taste with no unpleasant aftertaste. I love to add Splenda to my coffee, tea, and when I bake. Overall I am happy that I was able to try the new Splenda Naturals made with stevia extract. I would definitely recommend that anyone who loves real sugar but not the calories give Splenda Naturals a try and see how great it tastes and just as good for your body than other sweeteners. #gotitfree
Georgii F.
Georgii F.
Buffalo, NY
I received this product as a sample.. If im being honest, I stopped using Splenda after reading a book about health four years ago. I started yay omg strictly stevia and then when no stevia was available just no sugar at all. I'm happy to see Splenda moving their efforts towards using stevia but I am a little hesitant about the safety and truth behind it. Since Splenda still sells the traditional sugar, how do I know the two aren't mixed together? How do I know there is no cross contamination? While I respect their efforts to focus attention on stevia, I rather just buy the strictly stevia brands I have been using for years now. Gave this a three rating because it made my coffee taste the same.
Viona C.
Viona C.
Flushing, NY
I received this as part of my #TastyVoxBox and I was pretty happy with the sweetener. I've always used the No Calorie sweetener and while it does do the trick, there was always that weird bit of it that evidently wasn't sugar.

To be honest, I had my doubts about this and thought it would taste like any other artificial sweetener, but it actually didn't! Naturals appears more dense. The sweetener comes from a non-GMO plant and does not contain any artificial and chemically enhanced substances.

It doesn't have a weird after taste and it's probably the closest to sugar you can get with a sweetener. Although it's not the same as sugar, it does the trick!
Alexis M.
Alexis M.
Syracuse, NY
I received my Splenda Sweetener in my Tasty VoxBox, and right away I knew what I was going to use it for. I work at Dunkin Donuts, so naturally I'm always drinking coffee all day, every day. And I've just always used regular sugar. But, I was always thinking in the back of my head, I'm consuming way too much sugar, I need to try something different. So I just took this as a sign. It definitely didn't disappoint me at all. It's not as sweet as sugar, but splenda has zero calories in it so I can add as much as I like. It doesn't have any weird after taste or anything. So with that being said it definitely won me over and I wont ever turn back again.
Shannon C.
Shannon C.
I do not usually use sweeteners and stick to old fashioned sugar. I received Splenda Naturals in my tastyvoxbox , so I gave it a try. I think that Splenda Naturals made with stevia is a step in the right direction for Splenda. I would much rather use this product original Splenda because the ingredient. I still find myself preferring regular sugar over Splenda Naturals, but I also don't use much sugar for sweetening. Overall, I would say this is a good product for someone who is used to sweetening tea or coffee and thinks that they must have something different than sugar - but still not for me.
Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.
Draper, UT
I am not a big fan of sugar substitutes. But if I do reach for one, this would be it. I received this in my TastyVoxBox for reviewing purposes, and all opinions are of my own. I tried it in my coffee this morning, and It only takes a little bit, to get a sugar taste, and I didn't notice too much of an after taste, considering it is a substitute and from what I remember there is usually a lot of aftertaste from sugar substitutes. So though this isn't for me, if you are looking for a sugar substitute with little aftertaste go for the Splenda. @Influenster @Splenda #SplendaXInfluenster #contest
Sara L.
Sara L.
Okay, so I used to be a regular user of regular Splenda until I found out about the nasty aspartame it contains, since then I migrated to using Truvia, which is made from stevia leaves. So, when I saw that Splenda had released a new artificial sweetener made from stevia instead of aspartame I was so excited, and I must tell you: it didn't disappoint. This sweetener really sweetens your hot drinks and it tastes amazing, I will definitely start using it everyday.
Disclaimer: I obtained a sample of Splenda Naturals Stevia Sweetener from Influenster's Tasty VoxBox.
Kaitlyn A.
Kaitlyn A.
Atlanta, GA
Does this have a bitter aftertaste like the original Splenda?
vernette J.
vernette J.
how is it in coffee???? don't like to waste a cup all input is considered thank you
Nicole A.
Nicole A.
Is this out in stores yet? I have not found this on the shelf.
Ali N.
Ali N.
Little elm, Tx
is it better than the orignal splenda?
Johanna R.
Johanna R.
Does this leave a weird after taste?